Hypnotized - Final mix -

mark skinner

Hello , here is a cover I'm trying to finish up (a request from my brother). Any suggestions for improving the mix or master will be Greatly appreciated. Thanks' for your time .. mark -This is the latest mix and master per suggestions -

Last edited:
Headphone listen. I really like your stuff. I love that drum sound on this one. I wanted the backing vocals clearer on the refrain the first couple of times I heard it, but after I got used to it and made out the words, it's fine. Interesting. Okay, maybe bump the spoken vocal part a dB. Maybe.

Thanks dobro , I've done some work on the vocals and the drums. They have had a lot of velocity changes and put in variations on the main pattern that just repeated over and over. Thanks for listening and any comments .. mark - EDIT- The top link now reflects a New mix and master. I'm calling it done .. mark

Last edited:
Generally ok. Drums are a little too prominent imo. Vocals are a little obscured. I "think" they may be fighting for eq space with some of the guitars. Tasty take on the song.

Earbud listen tonight. You can totally discount this feedback because it's based on earbud listening rather than the monitors I listened to the first mix on, but:

* vocals sound better, especially the refrain

* drums don't sound as plump

* the overall sound (earbuds again) lacks the lower end I heard through the monitors, which on the one hand makes the mix clearer, but on the other hand lacks oomph

It's still a great take on a great tune.

I was about to listen and then I heard FM, I am allergic to FM, it makes me break out in the heebey jeebees, so I had to pass lol.

Back