What rig is being used?

spantini

COO of me, inc.
Is there a source for what guitar, amp, pedals, FX, etc. a player used/uses on tour and in the studio? Like a single site where you type the name and get a list?

What got me thinkin' on this was listening to Jet's Are You Gonna Be My Girl. I really like the guitar sound - clean and a little crunchy at the same time.

Last edited:
For older songs it is worth checking some of the back issues of International Musician on

where they often featured diagrams of musicians' setups. I'm not sure if they covered Jet though.

My rig back in the day was a Marshall 100W Head , early 70's JMP Superlead with a 4x12 cab and a Boss ME6 floorboard and an old Tube Screamer and Dunlop Wah. Had the amp restored by a Marshall technition and the rig sits in my music room. My back has gone now so using a Valvestate 2000 AVT 150 1x12 combo for live work.

For older songs it is worth checking some of the back issues of International Musician
Those were the days. I used to buy 'International Musician And Recording World'.
The first one I bought , in a music shop, had Kieth Emerson's massive synth rig on the cover. I think that was issue No. 1.
Lusted after all the kit I couldn't afford.

69 fender prototype w. original fender pickups , neck and center , Dimarzio dual stacked on the bridge > GP8 FX unit > L Ch to > VOX AC 15 HW
> R Ch to Electric Mistress > DI > Daw

Sorry i wrote that down wrong /// |||| \\\\ or rather " incorrectly " ...

Last edited:
Back