Darker Side (Jonny Lang cover)

mark skinner

Hello , here's a cover I'm just finishing up. I've only gone thru 2 mixes but, I think I'm pretty satisfied with it . I always need more ears on a song after being so close to it. So .. if something is sticking out to you that needs more attention , I will really appreciate any and all suggestions. Thank You .. mark

No, I don't want to take his place. It's all yours. It's real good. At this point, the only attention required is to the highs on the cymbals while you watch the picture of the moon cymbal you posted. Get that right, and you're golden.

Aren't you golden already? Really.

Oh hang on... I only noticed the piano at the 3.50 min mark. How come I didn't notice it before. Enquiring minds want to know.

Okay, enquiring minds have found out. You can up the piano a dB or two even (except for when the guitar's soloing). That's all I got.

Last edited:
Good job on this one Mark. I really like the vocal treatment on this one. It's a different feel from Lang's version, but that's not a bad thing. You've got a nice bluesy voice that works well.

Nice guitar solo work as well. Some tasteful wah work!

Another emotive piece in the forum section. Great, man.

Voice is plenty loud and can understand each word. The instruments line up perfect..you are way beyond that.

Back