What happened to..

Rebels happened when the Gerg got da ban from here... Greg had a group of fans / friends and they followed him when he left....some of them are missed...some not so much. He was a good contributor of solid recording tips and advice...He got pretty ugly with anyone who disagreed with him or thought differently than him. He could get pretty mean spirited...that bullshit finally outweighed the good side of his contributions and in the end earned him the permanent ban.

The EZ ban was lame and the Audio and Anarchy site that he built proved it. A lot of us went over there at that time. Once they let him back here it kind of slowed down over there. Ez passed it off and they stopped any new members so it is now just a place for those of us who were there back then to go to. I still drop into A&A on occasion....but this is my main go to for hangin around with like minded dumb asses.

Rebels happened when the Gerg got da ban from here... Greg had a group of fans / friends and they followed him when he left....some of them are missed...some not so much. He was a good contributor of solid recording tips and advice...He got pretty ugly with anyone who disagreed with him or thought differently than him. He could get pretty mean spirited...that bullshit finally outweighed the good side of his contributions and in the end earned him the permanent ban.

The EZ ban was lame and the Audio and Anarchy site that he built proved it. A lot of us went over there at that time. Once they let him back here it kind of slowed down over there. Ez passed it off and they stopped any new members so it is now just a place for those of us who were there back then to go to. I still drop into A&A on occasion....but this is my main go to for hangin around with like minded dumb asses.
I wouldn't quite put it like that.

Rami was also banned, and he's long gone from TRR - it wasn't just about Greg by any means. A bunch of us were fed up with both those various bans and the direction this place was going at the time in the on-topic forums, particularly the mix feedback forum, so we lit out west for new pastures... that's the great American story isn't it? :unsure:

I don't know the history of A&A's genesis but I imagine it's not dissimilar. I'm a member there too but haven't dropped in for years. I'm here every couple of months or so.

We have our off topic arguments as well, but they don't get to the level that still happens here at HR. We have no moderators, and the place ticks along just fine. There's also a lower percentage of US citizens in the mix which, in its own way, helps - not that there's anything wrong with being a rootin' tootin' gun totin' US citizen, of course. 'Murica!

It is small, however, which is fine - haven't had a new member for a while. Has a relatively high percentage of Australians, which adds to the general classiness of the joint... :devilish:

We also have a Bob Ross emoji. Worth hanging there for that alone...

Reactions: TAE
I had forgotten about him. Greg thought he was gods gift to the world, a legend in his own mind.

I wouldn't quite put it like that.

Rami was also banned, and he's long gone from TRR - it wasn't just about Greg by any means. A bunch of us were fed up with both those various bans and the direction this place was going at the time in the on-topic forums, particularly the mix feedback forum, so we lit out west for new pastures... that's the great American story isn't it? :unsure:

I don't know the history of A&A's genesis but I imagine it's not dissimilar. I'm a member there too but haven't dropped in for years. I'm here every couple of months or so.

We have our off topic arguments as well, but they don't get to the level that still happens here at HR. We have no moderators, and the place ticks along just fine. There's also a lower percentage of US citizens in the mix which, in its own way, helps - not that there's anything wrong with being a rootin' tootin' gun totin' US citizen, of course. 'Murica!

It is small, however, which is fine - haven't had a new member for a while. Has a relatively high percentage of Australians, which adds to the general classiness of the joint... :devilish:

We also have a Bob Ross emoji. Worth hanging there for that alone...
I wasn't aware of the Rami Ban...totally forgot about him but he was a pretty cool cat. It was within a month or so of when the Gerg got the permanent ban that "the Rebels" place came about so I just connected the dots that he and his band of loyalist set it up so they had a place like HR.com to congregate...good on them...

Ya know it's kinda interesting that in the 20+ years that I have been here there are many here that have been here as long as me that have never once got banned (like myself) , many more that got a single or even a couple temporary bans and have been able to hang around...You gotta be a pretty darn ornery to get the permanent ban..

Last edited:
Who is dogooder?

Hey ez....hows it shaking?

NO other banned person actually had their name on the sign up agreement. :) THAT takes some smack talkin'!
Hey buddy. It's going pretty good. Lots of changes in my camp but all heading in the right direction. How about you?

Man, life really went a different way than I thought it would. I got back into live sound about 7 years ago. Now I own a bunch of gear, have a shop and storage spaces to manage it all, and do a LOT of business with mostly 80's tribute bands in the NW. Aside from the debt, long hours, low pay, and general disgust with musicians, I would say things are going great! :)
Hahaaa. Hilarious. Well, I hit two years of sobriety yesterday and have a pregnant girlfriend so I think I have you beat. :laughings:

Reactions: TAE
Housemates with alcock for a year, you say? I mean, not that there's anything wrong with that.

Too easy, couldn't resist.

I would also like to mention that some folks that we really enjoyed having on the board got locked out when we migrated away from vB and to phpBB. If anyone reading this wants in and was a casualty of that migration just let me know and we'll get it fixed.
🙃

Hey fella, been a while, I used to troll your gaff before you offloaded it, then I rediscovered going out in the real world and meeting chicks n stuff and being a dick on the interwebs kinda lost its appeal.
True story 🙂
Yeah, take care you don't get trolled. Out there in the real world sometimes it ain't all wine and roses, and you end up losing half your shit.
True story. :)

Back