Always There

stratmonkee

Working on a new song for the band, bit different thing for me, I wrote the music as a kinda pop/ballady type thing, our bass player wrote lyrics, sings and plays bass on this.

I like the song, Monkee. Sometimes you just skip through the song, but that one held it's own and it played though to the end. The guitar solo was nice.

I can't really comment on the mix or balance, since I'm only listening on my crappy laptop speakers.

Last edited:
Yes thats kind of the vibe we were going for ....any suggestions?

Well you are already in the 69s Psychedelic pop range - I would knit the bass and guitar parts together - now I would do that with a Waves Fairchild 660 or Pulsar Mu - but you can use what you like - and I think the lead guitar part you should favor the left or right channel - and keep the rythmn guitar frequencies of way - let the Lead shine through.

I like the song, Monkee. Sometimes you just skip through the song, but that one held it's own and it played though to the end. The guitar solo was nice.

I can't really comment on the mix or balance, since I'm only listening on my crappy laptop speakers.
Cool, always good when one is engaged enough to listen to whole song :>). Thanks for the listen!
Well you are already in the 69s Psychedelic pop range - I would knit the bass and guitar parts together - now I would do that with a Waves Fairchild 660 or Pulsar Mu - but you can use what you like - and I think the lead guitar part you should favor the left or right channel - and keep the rythmn guitar frequencies of way - let the Lead shine through.
Yes, was thinking of panning the lead guitar that way, in fact, tried a vintage bass and drums on one side , guitar on the other ala early Van Halen, Hendrix etc..not sure I liked that too much, but maybe a less extreme panning would be better, I think everything is pretty much centered now. Good tip on getting Bass and guitar to meld better .Will work on it!
Not able to judge the mix due to listening in a phone but I enjoyed the track
Cool, thanks frank!
I'm caught in a trap...and I can't walk out... :)

Nice one. Intro and that repeated section remind me of the great old song Suspicious Minds by the King.

As usual, fine guitar work here.

Bwahahaha...oh man, would have never thought of that until you mentioned that...ughhh! I hate when I write a "original" song only to later find out its progression/ chords are very close to something else ( I once spent days working on a original song , only to find out I had recreated Claptons "Wonderful Tonight")
I will never be able to not hear Elvis now :>) . Was never a big Elvis fan , but definitely heard that song in the G > G/C intro thing...:>P.
Thanks for listening and the good word on the guitar, I appreciate it!

Really quite liked that although it was one of those songs where I feel i wanted its melody to wander off elsewhere at times...I don't have the technical language to describe this other than to say that at 56 seconds it felt like a minor chord would give it an ahhhh moment. This no doubt sounds gibberish. Nice song though 👌

Let's play a game. Who could sing this song aside from the person who does it here? I could!

Back