Joe Biden, good or bad?

• Good?

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Bad?

Votes: 9 64.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So I genuinely do not know as I havent been following news or this. What does the video mean, what is Macron asking?

So I genuinely do not know as I havent been following news or this. What does the video mean, what is Macron asking?
Ok, I'll try to tackle this seriously. He's not asking anything. He's saying OPEC is at (near)maximum capacity. They lack the ability to produce more oil in the short term.

How else could it be perceived?

So why is it a news item or youtube item?
Why is global oil production at maximum capacity while gas/petrol is twice per gallon/liter as it was last year a news item?

I can't tell if you're serious or if that question is loaded. If it's the latter, just come out and ask it. If you really don't know put your thinkin' cap on for a minute.

I thought the oil price was low and fuel prices high and companies making a packet............last I heard when taking any notice.................the price is what you have to pay end of story, you cut your clothe to suit................I was serious ez...........thanks.

I thought the oil price was low and fuel prices high and companies making a packet............last I heard when taking any notice.................the price is what you have to pay end of story, you cut your clothe to suit................I was serious ez...........thanks.
What? I'm not sure what you mean. The price of oil is at roughly $111US/barrel today. That's high. Remember, two years ago in the middle of the Covid shutdown it was trading at BELOW $0 US/barrel. You read that right. The OPEC nations brought production to a screeching halt and were paying countries to store it for them because no one was driving. Now demand is RAGING because the Covid restrictions are lifted, production is maxed out and they are trying to lower demand. The price of gas is a supply and demand issue. It's not my president's fault and it's not your Queen's fault or whatever.

What? I'm not sure what you mean. The price of oil is at roughly $111US/barrel today. That's high. Remember, two years ago in the middle of the Covid shutdown it was trading at BELOW $0 US/barrel. You read that right. The OPEC nations brought production to a screeching halt and were paying countries to store it for them because no one was driving. Now demand is RAGING because the Covid restrictions are lifted, production is maxed out and they are trying to lower demand. The price of gas is a supply and demand issue. It's not my president's fault and it's not your Queen's fault of whatever.
I am not an oil trader and this doesn't require deep thinking. I'm not that smart. I mean COMPARITIVELY, sure. But in general I mean. That's why I like hanging around here so much.

What? I'm not sure what you mean. The price of oil is at roughly $111US/barrel today. That's high. Remember, two years ago in the middle of the Covid shutdown it was trading at BELOW $0 US/barrel. You read that right. The OPEC nations brought production to a screeching halt and were paying countries to store it for them because no one was driving. Now demand is RAGING because the Covid restrictions are lifted, production is maxed out and they are trying to lower demand. The price of gas is a supply and demand issue. It's not my president's fault and it's not your Queen's fault or whatever.
I thought high was 150 per barrell

FWIW, $100/bbl oil isn't anything new.

View attachment 119337

Your graph isn't reality.
Oil was typically around $35-$60 per barrel when Trump was President.
The lowest price was $6.69/barrel between April and June of 2020.
It was typically $90-$100/barrel under Obama.

oil_6_28_22.png

Last edited:
Anyway back on topic. Was Macron asking for increased oil production? If so then the media are correct about that man.

You're clear that OPEC can't immediately increase production, correct?
Now yes. Before hadnt took a blind bit of notice. Everything is going up in price and will come to a head towards the end of the year. But I can do nothing about it so...............

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back