Isley Brothers Cover

The outstanding feature of that track is the sexy searching lead guitar. If you think it isnt worth putting in or hiding behind everything else, work away.

Last edited:
The outstanding feature of that track is the sexy searching lead guitar. If you think it isnt worth putting in or hiding behind everything else, work away.
LOL I thought you were saying to get rid of the lead guitar. I have to re-think this. I agree, the original has that lead guitar weaving in and out through out the mix. I broke a string and couldnt' finish the lead tracks so I'm not that happy with what's there so far. I have to go back and re-work this when I can pick up a new string.

Hi Great Cover
Its a timeless song & still sounds fresh today
if i have to nit pick, i think the kick is a fraction too loud & maybe you could put
a congas/percussion loop to give it that 70s swing
Otherwise Excellent stuff & well done

subvibe

LOL I thought you were saying to get rid of the lead guitar. I have to re-think this. I agree, the original has that lead guitar weaving in and out through out the mix. I broke a string and couldnt' finish the lead tracks so I'm not that happy with what's there so far. I have to go back and re-work this when I can pick up a new striNG.

The track is instantly recognisable because of his guitar.

Pretty cool. I like your first mix. I'm predisposed to dig funk bands (played MANY years in several good ones). My personal take on the mix, I'd bring the kick down a bit or soften the "click" a bit. And I'd bring the lead up.

Thanks everyone for listening, you guys are a big help. I ended up with a final mix that has more lead guitar in it and I lowered the kick drum.

Back