Got a Brand new TSR-8 today

Thank you again and I'm happy to say that none of the problems you mentioned earlier are there ... only the belt ... I'm lucky enough that today I found a belt at a local store that is almost the same .... it's doing its thing and I'm happy but I will confirm the good functioning of it only when I got the tape and do recordings ... Thank you All for the great help...
"Almost the same"?

"Almost the same"?
yes it's the same length and thickness as well the material is ... the only difference is the large of it wich is 5 mm as opposed to the original that is 7 mm ... by the way, these are the measurements i've made of the original belt in case any one need it : 360 mm tall - 7 mm large - 0,9 mm thickness

Last edited:
yes it's the same length and thickness as well the material is ... the only difference is the large of it wich is 5 mm as opposed to the original that is 7 mm ... by the way, these are the measurements i've made of the original belt in case any one need it : 360 mm tall - 7 mm large - 0,9 mm thickness
As long as it works. Should it not last, the original type is available online for not much money.

Just checking, is it the same diameter as the old belt is now, or did you take into account that it was originally smaller when it was working?

Well Good evening , and here i'm again , Just Got my tape two weeks ago and i really had no time to do Analog Versions of my recordings , well this just happened today
so here is an instrumental Composition Named ASIREM , it is a North African original composition and the arrangement is mine , down below are the Digital and the Tape Version recorded on my brand new tsr 8... I'll be happy to hear from you

Last edited:
Congratulations on your new purchase. Seems quite rare. It should be tip-top with a minimum of maintenance. As well as the belt and verifying the lube in the solenoids hasn't hardened, I believe the R/P levels will need to be trimmed up after so many years, but that would be common and expected. I had a TEAC Pro tell me once that the dbx and bias are stable, so don't f#ck with them. I proved that out once on a 34B. After tinkering around with bias for hours, I ended up exactly where I started. I should have listened to Jim, he would not steer me wrong. I would not touch the dbx unless I heard audible mistracking. Enjoy!

Congratulations on your new purchase. Seems quite rare. It should be tip-top with a minimum of maintenance. As well as the belt and verifying the lube in the solenoids hasn't hardened, I believe the R/P levels will need to be trimmed up after so many years, but that would be common and expected. I had a TEAC Pro tell me once that the dbx and bias are stable, so don't f#ck with them. I proved that out once on a 34B. After tinkering around with bias for hours, I ended up exactly where I started. I should have listened to Jim, he would not steer me wrong. I would not touch the dbx unless I heard audible mistracking. Enjoy!
Thank you, I'm very happy and the tape is factory calibrated and very good ... I didn't use the Dbx yet because the noise floor is down low...

Back