New Members: Introduce Yourself Here!

Hey im Hando, love making music and programming and graphic design. been producing music for ten years but barely started learning to sing. hoping to get better and more confident with my vocals

Hi. I joined because I have a sickness. I can’t stop futzing with and buying recording equipment. I also have a problem. My local repair tech is so busy it takes him months to fix things I need fixed yesterday.

Hello all!
When I first registered it took about ten tries to "resend" the confirmation link, but I am finally here.
I am Bob, 56 and wanna learn how to record.
I have six guitars (two of them Bass), Keyboard, Acoustic five piece drum set (with roto toms) and some other goodies.
None of it is "top shelf" but it is fun.
I recently bought a Presonus Studio 68c and a desktop computer.
I hope to be able to learn to lay down, say, a bass track, and work it from there (I just got my first drum set in June, so...practice!).
Until my interface arrived in the maiI I had never even touched or looked into or studied any sort of recording equipment or technique at all.
I just wanna have fun!

Hello everyone!!! I am an intermediate player that is interested in taking my game to the next level through recording....if nothing else for my own enlightenment / enjoyment. I am sure I will be asking for pointers along the way.
Nice to be here.

Hello all!
When I first registered it took about ten tries to "resend" the confirmation link, but I am finally here.
I am Bob, 56 and wanna learn how to record.
I have six guitars (two of them Bass), Keyboard, Acoustic five piece drum set (with roto toms) and some other goodies.
None of it is "top shelf" but it is fun.
I recently bought a Presonus Studio 68c and a desktop computer.
I hope to be able to learn to lay down, say, a bass track, and work it from there (I just got my first drum set in June, so...practice!).
Until my interface arrived in the maiI I had never even touched or looked into or studied any sort of recording equipment or technique at all.
I just wanna have fun!
Bob,
It sounds like you have a great start, and to be honest, it is good you want to have fun...LOL
It is a learning experience that takes time to understand, much less... get good at it (like learning any new instrument), but just be patient and try to enjoy the ride.
I know I do!

Hello everyone!!! I am an intermediate player that is interested in taking my game to the next level through recording....if nothing else for my own enlightenment / enjoyment. I am sure I will be asking for pointers along the way.
Nice to be here.
Good to have you!

I have found recording my playing and listening back to it in context, has been the single most eye-opening way to help me improve my musicianship and technique, besides the fun of recording and song building.
Hopefully you get good info from this site.
It has been a good source for me in the past.

G'day guys, glad to have found you.
I'm a complete noob, wanting to do some voice recording. Librivox, books past copyright & my own stuff. And on a budget of course...
Have been reading quite a few posts already and am still completely confused :unsure: well, not completely but close. So I'll keep searching and you'll see a few questions that I'm sure you've already answered a thousand times. so point me in the right direction and I'll have a little read.
See you round

Hello, I’m Emmanuel, aka Halmbass. First and foremost, I’m a bass player since more than 25 years, I also play electric and acoustic guitar, Irish bouzouki and sometimes harp.
I've been recording music (seriously) for one year so got a lot of things to learn from all of you guys. I'm also (professionaly) sysadmin and (logically ? :ROFLMAO:) a metalhead.
I currently live in Paris suburb.
Nice to be here :thumbs up:

Hi, everyone!
Thank you for the production knowledge sharing. I'm about to start my journey home recording simple stuff, several voices and a guitar, perhaps also a small drum kit, and thought that I might be better off if I start researching something more about the "business". I'm not starting a career but we never know what path lies ahead.

I hope I get a much needed help from all you guys and I'll try to help on whatever I can.
Cheers

Hello, my name is Eric V and I am in Maine USA. I am looking forward to learning more about home recording. I have been a musician for over 40 years but am relatively new to recording my own material. Thanks for allowing me to join the forum.

New to the forum? Say hello, tell us a little about your self. Meet the gang :p

Welcome to HomeRecording Forum! :guitar:
Hi everyone and their dog! Although I'm old enough to be my own father twice over, I'm a wretched noob in mixing and gear.

Rather familiar with the scriptwriting and speaking part of VO and radio & tv work, but not with all the stuff technical, home recoding or otherwise - yet.

I reside between Sweden and Russia in a place called Finland. (You've got to live somewhere - gotten't you?)

I write for a living, comedy scripts and sh*t. I really appreciate folks who advise us let knowledgeable ones over the internet. Peace upon y'all.

Love, rather than not,

L.

Hello All.
For the record, I have never even touched any recording gear until very recently.
I was guitar dude (OKAY I guess) til I kinda quit because of a hand injury. Sold all my everything.
NOW, I have been collecting again. Trying to get my fingers back.
Because of working straight through the pandemic, never going anywhere, and still getting paid, I saw that I had all this "extra money"!
First thing I did last year was buy a Les Paul, a keyboard, a bass guitar and a five piece acoustic drum set. Okay, then I got a wild hair and bought a 6,8,10 roto tom set.
I "upgraded" the heads and cymbals (NOT high end, but better than the stock crap) and bought a couple cowbells (and a steel tongue drum, a tune-bot that I don't know how to use yet and a drum dial). Tuning drums by ear, for me, for now is NOT an option, but I think they sound good.
I have never been a drummer (56), but I always loved the pounding and wanted a set.
As for recording...I just wanna lay down some stuff, one track at a time, and add in as necessary.
I have Guitar, bass and keyboard amps, a Presonus Studio 68c interface and a new PC.
I have (2) JBL 305P MkII powered monitors.
I also have five condenser mics/cables (NOT high end) and a remote 48v Phantom power supply. (one pair of mics is a "stereo pair").
Setup (confusing) has me wondering if I need some kind of low end coming out of the interface. i.e. subwoofer(pair?), and how to hook it up.
Thanks in advance for all your help, encouragement and support,
Bob

Edit: It appears as though I was here before (creepy)
You know what they say...First thing to go

Last edited:
Hello world!

I am new to this forum, but not new to home recording. I started playing with cassette tapes back in the 1980's, recorded my garage band in the 1990's, went digital in the 2000's, and in the 2010's migrated my recording completely to a Linux system.

These days I collaborate a lot with my cousin Tom, who is also a longtime home recording hobbyist. You can find our music at https://sanderson.band/. This year we started a podcast about home recording, which some of you may be interested in: https://sanderson.band/podcast/.

I hopped on this forum to answer somebody's question about recording on Linux, and I'm happy to answer any more questions anyone has.

New to the forum? Say hello, tell us a little about your self. Meet the gang :p

Welcome to HomeRecording Forum! :guitar:
Hey guys prateev here been recording on songs playing ukulele or piano for some months now jow upgrading my equipment so thinking about building a small budget homestudio and thats what brings me here

Hello everyone! I am glad I found this place.I am hoping to pursue singing and want to pick up recording tips here.
I am exciting to meeting new people and hopefully everyone here can help me as I am very new at all of this.

Back