What's goin' on with everybody

how are you liking the LED light? which one did you get?
It's an ikan iLED 155, a small, cheap and discontinued light, but it seems like it's going to be useful. If nothing else it's better than nothing, which is what I had before. For the planned videos, there will be other lights, so this will just be supplemental. I understand it will go seven hours on the battery, which is pretty impressive.

The studio forum has been pretty quiet overall. If no one minds, I've got lots going on with this. Right now I am measuring the room with a few different monitors and placement to check for room response in different places and room configurations. I've got a desk surface on saw horses right now and spent some time today just listening to the monitors being 4ft out from the back wall. It is a whole different room backed away from that wall. I'll start taking some screen shots of the sketchup layout and pull together some photos and put a thread together.
That would be great! I'll try to keep an eye out for it. maybe shoot me a pm when its up if you wouldnt mind?

It's an ikan iLED 155, a small, cheap and discontinued light, but it seems like it's going to be useful. If nothing else it's better than nothing, which is what I had before. For the planned videos, there will be other lights, so this will just be supplemental. I understand it will go seven hours on the battery, which is pretty impressive.
i've been playing around with some video stuff. I was gifted a gopro for christmas and while its not some multi thousand dollar cinema camera it has pretty damn good video quality. only drawback is you need a LOT of light to get good footage. for now I just threw a couple 5000k 100 watt equivalent led lights in my basement light fixtures. It would be pretty cool to have a dedicated light for when I'm not in the basement though haha

A few years ago I made a custom pick guard for my chinese tele. The screws were always sitting on top of the pickguard and sometimes I would scrape my fingers against them. So finally, after years of procrastination, I countersunk the holes a little. Now they sit lower down. And I filed the tops of the screws to make them smoother. Niiiiiiice.

And we're getting snow this weekend. I used to say we never get snow, but with all this global warming, we're getting more than we ever had.
is that maple? its beautiful.

Every time it gets really cold like this I think to myself "global warming my ass..."
I'm not a science denier or whatever I just don't like the cold.

Thanks man.
Yeah, after the event in 2006, and recovery, around 2010, I came to the reality that my music thang was done, and my wonderful wife and her brother got me back into my fall back education of art, been going at it ever since.

Attachments

• 2021one.jpg
    2021one.jpg
    175 KB · Views: 4
is that maple? its beautiful.

Every time it gets really cold like this I think to myself "global warming my ass..."
I'm not a science denier or whatever I just don't like the cold.
Thanks Man. Yeah, it's maple veneer on top of a plastic pickguard. I used an amber shellac to get the orange glow. Hmmm, I should do the headstock, too. That would be cool.

Yeah, after the event in 2006, and recovery, around 2010, I came to the reality that my music thang was done, and my wonderful wife and her brother got me back into my fall back education of art, been going at it ever since.
Have you done anything with the majority of the color being blue? do you sell your art?

Thanks Man. Yeah, it's maple veneer on top of a plastic pickguard. I used an amber shellac to get the orange glow. Hmmm, I should do the headstock, too. That would be cool.
I've read up on veneering, on the surface it seems as though it may be complicated in regards to using it on furniture. I'd really like to try it someday

Have you done anything with the majority of the color being blue? do you sell your art?
I could do blues, I do sell, mostly using Facebook, but I sell a little at an art center here in Richmond, where I've had a solo show, and have another in May, if you godo FB you can see a lot of my work on my page, Dan Thompson. Ex. 12x18 acyrlic and mixed media on 140 il. paper in black plastic frame, I've been getting 45.00 plus shipping, or like 25.00 with no frame.

I've read up on veneering, on the surface it seems as though it may be complicated in regards to using it on furniture. I'd really like to try it someday
Initially it seems daunting but start simple. I used to make furniture but exotic wood was getting so expensive. I eventually got into building instruments as it combined a lot of my hobbies including pickup winding. Doing a headstock as Chili is thinking about is a simple starting point and adds a nice contrast. Here is an example of one of my builds with a veneered headstock.

jazz_04.jpg
jazz_06.jpg

Trying to lose 10 pounds. I jog 5 miles everyday (1 hour). But, have only lost a few pounds. I eat like a pig. I spend at least 3.5 hours a day watching Dark Shadows, and have 300 blu rays I have to watch. But, NJ extended unemployment, so I'm getting free money. Of course there are no jobs anyway. So, a little free money is better than no money at all.

I'm also suppose to be mixing my friend's songs. But, I can't tear myself away from Dark Shadows, it's such a well written show.

Mostly exchanging texts with friends to see who has power and water and who doesn't. We've been lucky to only get hit with a 3 hour outage, but most of my friends have no power or no water. Gonna leave it there because I'll go off the deep end pretty quickly on this.

Needless to say all the computers and related stuff has been unplugged since Monday when they did say there'd be rolling blackouts. And can't get the RH up enough to even pull out the old acoustic so going a little stir crazy. Disgraceland podcasts while on the stationary bike are helping. Reading Future Crimes is not...

That jogging stuff'll kill you. Try riding a bicycle around the block for 20 min each day.
A schoolmate of mine was a big bike rider, logging 10-15 miles a day. He was hit by a car a week ago and killed. Especially sad since he had just recovered from major health problems a few years ago. The biking was how he got his strength back.

I lost about 20 lbs when I retired by walking the golf course 2-4 times a week. Unfortunately we've had about 10 inches of snow and ice over the past two weeks, so I've been sitting at home. I've probably put 5 on since Christmas, but that will leave once the weather gets better.

Back