Name that tune

What two bands are in the last two pictures? You get that, it should do it for you. I am pretty sure just about everyone has heard the tune.

I have it but I don't see how pic 3 fits the word.

Pictures Of Matchstick Men - - Status Quo 1968
Pick - - Cures Chores - - Of (??) - - Boxing Match - - Styx - - Men At Work

Last edited:
I gave up and had to peek at the spoiler. I know the song very well, but the clues just didn't click. I got Styx and Men at Work, but thought the pick was G (the chord on it) and couldn't figure out the 1/4 in red, figuring it was some part of quarter. I read it as 1/2 TIMES 1/2 EQUALS 1/4. I would never say 1/2 OF 1/2. For the Foreman/Ali pic, I was guessing the FORE as the clue.

I'll give you 60% for effort on that puzzle! 😄

I gave up and had to peek at the spoiler. I know the song very well, but the clues just didn't click. I got Styx and Men at Work, but thought the pick was G (the chord on it) and couldn't figure out the 1/4 in red, figuring it was some part of quarter. I read it as 1/2 TIMES 1/2 EQUALS 1/4. I would never say 1/2 OF 1/2. For the Foreman/Ali pic, I was guessing the FORE as the clue.

I'll give you 60% for effort on that puzzle! 😄
40% was pure stupidity. It is a little tricky to portray words like to, the, etc. I picked the pic with the G chord on it to make it a bit more confusing. If you are not a sports fan or didn't get the rest of the puzzle figured out, match from the picture would be difficult. A picture of a match would have been to simple and I don't want to insult anyone's intelligence. (that's a lie). I tried to make it hard but you guys are just too damn good.

There hasn't been much activity in this thread lately. If there was anything I said that put a damper on things, I apologize. It's a cool, fun thread. I hope you guys continue.

There hasn't been much activity in this thread lately. If there was anything I said that put a damper on things, I apologize. It's a cool, fun thread. I hope you guys continue.
My participation level is the direct result of my being distracted by other things in life, so I wouldn't want you to...

SQUIRREL!

:ROFLMAO:

I got the joke, Dave. :thumbs up:

Yeah, I've been a bit busier. The grass has now been cut TWICE, lots of stick to pick up in the yard, and I'm trying to get a good sound out of my acoustic! For some reason, I'm just struggling to get a good sound, it almost sounds like I've got a buzz somewhere. If I can't figure it out this morning, the strings come off and I'll start checking the bracing.

Here's a quickie.... but you need to name both the song AND the group!
NameTune.jpg

Last edited:
Back