What I've learned from experience...

Some 40+ years ago, my first song (instrumental) was recorded at our band's first multi-track session in a decent home studio. Shortly after, our band leader wanted to get one of his tunes from that session onto vinyl and asked me to put my song up as the A-side. As we were at the record co. going over the last minute bits, they suggested correcting the cymbals due to them being "too hot". I declined and they went ahead "as is".

In those days I knew nothing of what was coming down the pike as far as audio recordings. I was assuming these vinyl pressings would still be the medium for many decades, and with many playings the hot cymbals would naturally degenerate, losing their edge. Well, we all know how that scenario turned out.

We had 400 pressings and I don't have a single one I can lay my hands on. I think my old bandmate has his original copy. All I have is an .mp3 with hot cymbals :p

Don't assume.

There are only 4 things certain in this life :

Death
Taxes
$99 AT2020 XLR Mic
$399 Superior Drummer

:laughings:

Death
Taxes
$99 AT2020 XLR Mic
$399 Superior Drummer

Hello. I understand, cloud be wrong, that one gets 3 licenses with Superior Drummer. If that is correct and you have an unused one, I'd like to discuss buying it from you?

Currently, I have nothing to sell but I'll keep my eyes open for you.
There is also one other certainty Span...

I shall tell a related story that I think I may have posted here before.

Guy takes his guitar to a guitar shop for repair.... couple of weeks he was told.

He gets busted and two years in the slammer for dope...

He gets out and finds the receipt in his jeans pocket. Goes to the store.... I left my guitar here some time ago.... I dont suppose you still have it? Kid looks at the ticket and says...

Ah yeah man... it will be ready next Tuesday

There is also one other certainty Span...

I shall tell a related story that I think I may have posted here before.

Guy takes his guitar to a guitar shop for repair.... couple of weeks he was told.

He gets busted and two years in the slammer for dope...

He gets out and finds the receipt in his jeans pocket. Goes to the store.... I left my guitar here some time ago.... I dont suppose you still have it? Kid looks at the ticket and says...

Ah yeah man... it will be ready next Tuesday
Certain that any quote of time for guitar repair will not be accurate

Death
Taxes
$99 AT2020 XLR Mic
$399 Superior Drummer

I think we are all just Dinasaurs now us with V8's... the electric revolution is engulfing us so quickly.... and that maybe is a good thing. You know my friend... it just makes me surprised that the internal combustion engine lasted 120 years. Perhaps it was so good in the first place mate.
I hope we can still keep our classics xx

My Red Jag will be passed on xxx

Back