Maybe playing with Canned heat tonight? Maybe....

TAE

All you have is now
Well here it goes...

Brent Payne is being inducted into the California music hall of fame tonight and I'll be playing 3 songs with the band at the event. What is this music hall of fame? Well first off it's a new thing the promoters are trying to get off the ground...we'll see exactly how that goes tonight. I have to admit it's one of those to good to be true things that are usually to good to be true and this is probably what I'll report back...or not..I'll know in about 5 hours. Quite an odd mix of musicians to be inducted when you think of all the amazing acts that were spawned in California...like a few REALLY important bands like The Beach Boys , The Doors and Van Halen to mention a few are not included......But Wil Shatner is ??????

This was actually supposed to start up in 2020 but Covid killed the inaugural event.

The pitch is below of what this is supposed to be going down...I highly doubt I'll be meeting Will Shatner or Leanne Rimes tonight but that would be really cool. Allegedly we will go one after Canned heat..we'll see... Little feat is supposed to be there but they don't indicate who of these inductees will actually be in attendance and which will perform. based upon everything so far and down to the wire I am a little dubious and suspect issues being as they are having us load in an hour and a half before the doors open...really think that is cutting really close for sound check and other bands playing...

Time will tell..I am going through this because brent is a really cool cat and he's excited about it...I remain skeptically hopeful.

I'll letchya all know how it all worked out if I live to tell the tale.

Cheers! :unsure: I think.

California Music Hall Of Fame Induction Ceremony
The Music The Evening The Inductees The Magic

After more than two long years of waiting to honor our inaugural class of inductees The California Music Hall Of Fame cordially invites you to join us as the Golden State comes together for an evening of celebration and great music. Our Induction Ceremony Gala will honor its class of inductees on Saturday January 28 2023 at TVHS Golden Bears Theater located at 31555 Rancho Vista Road in Temecula CA. The ceremony was postponed and ultimately canceled a few times. To this the California Music Hall Of Fame will host its first-ever double induction ceremony in a one-night extravagant event hosted by T. J. Rosenman.
The induction Ceremony starts at 5:00 PM. There are a limited number of tickets available for $42.50 each or $30.00 each for veterans first responders & teachers. Tickets can be purchased at https://californiamusichalloffame.ticketspice.com/california-music-hall-of-fame-induction-ceremony
Tickets are nonrefundable and there is no reserved seating.
This year’s class of inductees features a diverse group of music legends and collaborators. Join us as we celebrate honor and induct William Shatner LeAnn Rimes Chris Montez Wrecking Crew Express Katrina Murphy Brent Payne Canned Heat KATY 101.3 Beach St. A GoGo Surf City AllStars Jan & Dean Mighty Cash Cats Winslow Skip Taylor Kings Of Karma Jenni Rivera Ritchie Valens and KOST 103.5 and a few surprise guests. Little Feat will be in attendance.

This extraordinary event will bring together music artists music executives elected officials record labels VIPs fans friends families and many surprise guests for an evening of celebration and great music. The gala ceremony will reflect an awards show format which will include inductees accepting their introduction and performances by some of the inductees. Seating for the induction ceremony will be theater style with the inductees seated in a special section. VIP arrival is 4:15-4:45 PM.
This long-awaited induction ceremony also marks the beginning of the journey we embark upon to accomplish the establishment of the California Music Hall Of Fame Music Center which will pay tribute to and preserve California’s musical legacy and foster continued growth of California’s music cultivating new opportunities and reducing barriers for female music artists
The California Music Hall Of Fame Induction Ceremony will be a vibrant oasis: an experience that will stay with our guests long after the ceremony is over. Our Induction Ceremony is for our inductees and it’s for you.

Wow, man! What an icon from the 70's. Going Up The Country and On The Road Again cause instant flashbacks. Please let us know if they're still a bunch of long-haired hippies or they now look like @rob aylestone :p

• Haha
Reactions: TAE
Well here it goes...

Brent Payne is being inducted into the California music hall of fame tonight and I'll be playing 3 songs with the band at the event. What is this music hall of fame? Well first off it's a new thing the promoters are trying to get off the ground...we'll see exactly how that goes tonight. I have to admit it's one of those to good to be true things that are usually to good to be true and this is probably what I'll report back...or not..I'll know in about 5 hours. Quite an odd mix of musicians to be inducted when you think of all the amazing acts that were spawned in California...like a few REALLY important bands like The Beach Boys , The Doors and Van Halen to mention a few are not included......But Wil Shatner is ??????

This was actually supposed to start up in 2020 but Covid killed the inaugural event.

The pitch is below of what this is supposed to be going down...I highly doubt I'll be meeting Will Shatner or Leanne Rimes tonight but that would be really cool. Allegedly we will go one after Canned heat..we'll see... Little feat is supposed to be there but they don't indicate who of these inductees will actually be in attendance and which will perform. based upon everything so far and down to the wire I am a little dubious and suspect issues being as they are having us load in an hour and a half before the doors open...really think that is cutting really close for sound check and other bands playing...

Time will tell..I am going through this because brent is a really cool cat and he's excited about it...I remain skeptically hopeful.

I'll letchya all know how it all worked out if I live to tell the tale.

Cheers! :unsure: I think.

California Music Hall Of Fame Induction Ceremony
The Music The Evening The Inductees The Magic

After more than two long years of waiting to honor our inaugural class of inductees The California Music Hall Of Fame cordially invites you to join us as the Golden State comes together for an evening of celebration and great music. Our Induction Ceremony Gala will honor its class of inductees on Saturday January 28 2023 at TVHS Golden Bears Theater located at 31555 Rancho Vista Road in Temecula CA. The ceremony was postponed and ultimately canceled a few times. To this the California Music Hall Of Fame will host its first-ever double induction ceremony in a one-night extravagant event hosted by T. J. Rosenman.
The induction Ceremony starts at 5:00 PM. There are a limited number of tickets available for $42.50 each or $30.00 each for veterans first responders & teachers. Tickets can be purchased at https://californiamusichalloffame.ticketspice.com/california-music-hall-of-fame-induction-ceremony
Tickets are nonrefundable and there is no reserved seating.
This year’s class of inductees features a diverse group of music legends and collaborators. Join us as we celebrate honor and induct William Shatner LeAnn Rimes Chris Montez Wrecking Crew Express Katrina Murphy Brent Payne Canned Heat KATY 101.3 Beach St. A GoGo Surf City AllStars Jan & Dean Mighty Cash Cats Winslow Skip Taylor Kings Of Karma Jenni Rivera Ritchie Valens and KOST 103.5 and a few surprise guests. Little Feat will be in attendance.

This extraordinary event will bring together music artists music executives elected officials record labels VIPs fans friends families and many surprise guests for an evening of celebration and great music. The gala ceremony will reflect an awards show format which will include inductees accepting their introduction and performances by some of the inductees. Seating for the induction ceremony will be theater style with the inductees seated in a special section. VIP arrival is 4:15-4:45 PM.
This long-awaited induction ceremony also marks the beginning of the journey we embark upon to accomplish the establishment of the California Music Hall Of Fame Music Center which will pay tribute to and preserve California’s musical legacy and foster continued growth of California’s music cultivating new opportunities and reducing barriers for female music artists
The California Music Hall Of Fame Induction Ceremony will be a vibrant oasis: an experience that will stay with our guests long after the ceremony is over. Our Induction Ceremony is for our inductees and it’s for you.
I am so jealous of you TAE buddy. My part of the world is so lovely in summer but miserable and depressing in winter. I wish I lived in sunny Cali. Have a great time and please ask Bill if he was on acid when he did this or just having a laugh 🥰🥰😅😅

Seriously, Shatner???? Weren't there any real musicians from California???? :ROFLMAO:
I remember when his album came out. A bunch of the local radio stations were playing it as an example of the worst record ever released.

It would be very cool to play a bill with Canned Heat and Little Feat.

Seriously, Shatner???? Weren't there any real musicians from California???? :ROFLMAO:
I remember when his album came out. A bunch of the local radio stations were playing it as an example of the worst record ever released.

Ah man Bill... he is a legend... he was classical actor but invented overacting... NOT...NOW... CANT....REACH.... PHASER.
...GOT...TO...TRY...TO...REACH....
Love Billy xxxxx

Its just nice and jokey xxxxx

Well Kiddies it happened.

This California Music Hall of fame thing is one pretty persistent guys dream and he pulled it off. I give him credit for being able to bring a lot of famous ( and not so famous) people together in a beautiful venue. Conversely as good as he was at being able to get the thing to happen and start what he is hoping will be a annual event, he dropped the ball on coordination, communication and implementation. A damn good job until the rubber met the road. He hired a guy who is NOT a professional soundman and did not have the gear to support @ 10 acts that were going to perform in sequence over a few hours. We had about 25 minutes to perform 12 minutes of music and 13 minutes to get our gear on while the previous band is getting their gear off the stage. We were told there would be a full backline and came equipped as such...not the case. A shit show on the sound and pre set up, no DI box to plug into. No soundcheck before the show. The people responsible for the sound where overwhelmed and apathetic about their failure to do their job. They pretty much made what could have been a really nice production a half ass event.

Canned Heat opened and I was sitting out in the audience about 8 rows back. I shot the first song "On the road again" and though the musicianship was great, the vocals volume was WAY to low. As soon as they finished I hopped out of my seat and went backstage to tell the amateur's who of course didn't have anyone out in the front of the house to adjust sound that the vocals were too low...Yeah we know, were working on it and so went the whole night...half ass, micky mouse sound.

Ok That is the bad...The good is back stage I had a blast.

I rapped with Frankie Valli's music director Robbie Robinson we talked working with Frankie over the last 45 years, Hammonds and Joey DeFrancesco and the shit show sound.

I hung with Fred Tacket guitarist for Little Feat. Got to talking about his crazy life living in Topanga Canyon for the last 50 years...Almost buying Neil Young's house for $50K. A lot of Hollywood stories, him touring with Dylan for a few years, playing guitar on The Wallflowers first album...which forced me to introduce him to our fiddle player Gina Romantini who toured with the Wallflowers. They rapped on and on about Jacob , Dylan and other people I had no of idea of who they were talking about. He's still touring every year. VERY nice cool cat.

Spent a little time BS'ing with Chris Montez

While I was back stage at the entrance in walks William frickin Shatner with his entourage. I whipped out my iPhone and shot him walking by. Poor dude is always having his picture taken. He was smiling till he turned and saw me shooting him then went straight faced and quickly walked away. I left him alone but I heard someone else saying later what a chump he was because he didn't smile when they took a selfie with him...It has to get old...but the price you pay when you are "famous".

I did meet Skip Taylor but only got to talk a few minutes before he was pulled away.

So yeah it will be a memorable overall fun gig in the books for me. The crowd really gave us a lot of love when we played our version of copperhead road ..we couldn't hear ourselves but the crowd seemed to really enjoy our short show...we were later in the line up so maybe they got is sounding better out in the audience....sheesh!

Last edited:

So yeah there might be a few other "musicians" from California that merit being inducted. like I said previously the Beach Boys, VH the Doors ...Oh yeah Zappa and few other hundred or so bands before MANY of the semi so called inductees that were inducted. That said, this is one guys dream and somehow he was able to get Shatner to play along...Kind of a big name to have on your list for a thing that he is not famous for. All I know is I did a gig where Canned Heat and Will Shatner were on the same bill...I'm cool with that and despite the dumb assness of the whole thing I cashed in on rapping with some very cool cats in the music industry and had a blast. whodathunk?

Well Kiddies it happened.

This California Music Hall of fame thing is one pretty persistent guys dream and he pulled it off. I give him credit for being able to bring a lot of famous ( and not so famous) people together in a beautiful venue. Conversely as good as he was at being able to get the thing to happen and start what he is hoping will be a annual event, he dropped the ball on coordination, communication and implementation. A damn good job until the rubber met the road. He hired a guy who is NOT a professional soundman and did not have the gear to support @ 10 acts that were going to perform in sequence over a few hours. We had about 25 minutes to perform 12 minutes of music and 13 minutes to get our gear on while the previous band is getting their gear off the stage. We were told there would be a full backline and came equipped as such...not the case. A shit show on the sound and pre set up, no DI box to plug into. No soundcheck before the show. The people responsible for the sound where overwhelmed and apathetic about their failure to do their job. They pretty much made what could have been a really nice production a half ass event.

Canned Heat opened and I was sitting out in the audience about 8 rows back. I shot the first song "On the road again" and though the musicianship was great, the vocals volume was WAY to low. As soon as they finished I hopped out of my seat and went backstage to tell the amateur's who of course didn't have anyone out in the front of the house to adjust sound that the vocals were too low...Yeah we know, were working on it and so went the whole night...half ass, micky mouse sound.

Ok That is the bad...The good is back stage I had a blast.

I rapped with Frankie Valli's music director Robbie Robertson we talked working with Frankie over the last 45 years, Hammonds and Joey DeFrancesco and the shit show sound.

I hung with Fred Tacket guitarist for Little Feat. Got to talking about his crazy life living in Topanga Canyon for the last 50 years...Almost buying Neil Young's house for $50K. A lot of Hollywood stories, him touring with Dylan for a few years, playing guitar on The Wallflowers first album...which forced me to introduce him to our fiddle player Gina Romantini who toured with the Wallflowers. They rapped on and on about Jacob , Dylan and other people I had no of idea of who they were talking about. He's still touring every year. VERY nice cool cat.

Spent a little time BS'ing with Chris Montez

While I was back stage at the entrance in walks William frickin Shatner with his entourage. I whipped out my iPhone and shot him walking by. Poor dude is always having his picture taken. He was smiling till he turned and saw me shooting him then went straight faced and quickly walked away. I left him alone but I heard someone else saying later what a chump he was because he didn't smile when they took a selfie with him...It has to get old...but the price you pay when you are "famous".

I did meet Skip Taylor but only got to talk a few minutes before he was pulled away.

So yeah it will be a memorable overall fun gig in the books for me. The crowd really gave us a lot of love when we played our version of copperhead road ..we couldn't hear ourselves but the crowd seemed to really enjoy our short show...we were later in the line up so maybe they got is sounding better out in the audience....sheesh!
Really happy for you TAE buddy, couldnt happen to a nicer guy 🥰🥰🥰

So yeah there might be a few other "musicians" from California that merit being inducted. like I said previously the Beach Boys, VH the Doors ...Oh yeah Zappa and few other hundred or so bands before MANY of the semi so called inductees that were inducted. That said, this is one guys dream and somehow he was able to get Shatner to play along...Kind of a big name to have on your list for a thing that he is not famous for. All I know is I did a gig where Canned Heat and Will Shatner were on the same bill...I'm cool with that and despite the dumb assness of the whole thing I cashed in on rapping with some very cool cats in the music industry and had a blast. whodathunk?
So jealous

So with so many inductees and no real "green room" we were all just rambling about back stage which was a really huge area. Now remember the REAL important bands were all older bands missing many of the original members. They are not 20 something year old hippies anymore ...They are older men and women. I will say for their ages most of them looked REALLY good.. ( for sure Shatner has had some "work" done. So I see this one old cat walking by in a Hawaiian type shirt and his collar is all messed up in the back...I tap him on the shoulder and say hey dude your collar is all messed up, let me fix it for you. So I do. Then he says hey how do know that that's not how I wanted it, ya know a New York style kind of thing ..I laugh, he walks away. About twenty minutes later he is being introduced and it turns out he is "Dean" of Jan and Dean....Damn! If I'd known I'd of got him to say hey to my older sister on video... She was a huge fan and president of the local Jan and Dean fan club for 3 years. Tried to catch him after he went off but I was in the middle of rapping with Fred and he slipped off before I could catch him.

So with so many inductees and no real "green room" we were all just rambling about back stage which was a really huge area. Now remember the REAL important bands were all older bands missing many of the original members. They are not 20 something year old hippies anymore ...They are older men and women. I will say for their ages most of them looked REALLY good.. ( for sure Shatner has had some "work" done. So I see this one old cat walking by in a Hawaiian type shirt and his collar is all messed up in the back...I tap him on the shoulder and say hey dude your collar is all messed up, let me fix it for you. So I do. Then he says hey how do know that that's not how I wanted it, ya know a New York style kind of thing ..I laugh, he walks away. About twenty minutes later he is being introduced and it turns out he is "Dean" of Jan and Dean....Damn! If I'd known I'd of got him to say hey to my older sister on video... She was a huge fan and president of the local Jan and Dean fan club for 3 years. Tried to catch him after he went off but I was in the middle of rapping with Fred and he slipped off before I could catch him.
Very happy for you buddy 🥰🥰

Sorry, so happy for you bud..... I am 57 so light at the end of the tunnel... never give up!

Thank you, hey we have a lot to look foward to!!! 🥰🥰🥰🥰

TAE, I checked out the webpage. It looks like anything "musical" is fair game, including venues. I would have thought they would have at least put in someplace like Filmore West, Winterland, Hollywood Bowl, or maybe one of the many famous west coast studios (Capitol, Sound City, Westlake, Sunset).

I hope they don't go down the road of the R&R Hall of Fame in Cleveland where they start to dilute things inducting HipHop/Rap artists like Tupac, B.I.G. and JayZ but don't have people like Boston. After all, it IS the ROCK AND ROLL hall of fame.

Back