Best Cover Songs

I am surprised, unless I missed it, Joe Cocker's "With a little Help From My Friends" I like the Beatles version and his.
Oh brother! Frickin Joe was a genius....What he did with a little help from my friends is on the level of what Jimi did with all along the watchtower....
And that is the epitome of taking a great song and making it even better..

I love the Beatles version and it is their bitchin creation ...but what Joe did was taking it to a whole different planet I LOVE this live version with Leon strumming in the background...I loved Leon.... He was the "music director" and what he did here was epic eternal..

Such a tasteful beginning and ending amazing!

Last edited:
On the single, that's Jimmy Page on lead guitar.
Yes Jim was a session player before Zep. He met JPJ in his session days before Zep and Yardbirds. JPJ was a top session player. Jimmy also played on Its Not Unusual by Tom Jones. After the Yardbirds folded, Jim was left holding the baby as he was the only one left and they were contracually obliged for a Scandinavian tour in 68. He had to cobble a band together quickly so he asked JPJ to help. Jones knew a young rock singer who knew a young raw rock drummer and they did the tour as the New Yardbirds in 68.
Keith Moon told Jim the band would go down like a lead balloon .... and the rest is history 😅😅

He had to cobble a band together quickly so he asked JPJ to help. Jones knew a young rock singer
It was actually Jones' wife that suggested John Paul call Jimmy when she heard about this band he was putting together.
And it was Terry Reid that suggested Plant. He'd been Page's first choice but he had a good thing going with support slots with the Stones and Cream so he wouldn't do it.
Terry Reid has the dubious honour of having turned down Jimmy page for the vocalist slot in Led Zeppelin and Ritchie Blackmore for the vocalist slot in Deep Purple when he wanted to replace the original singer, Rod Evans.
Robert Plant and Ian Gillan went on to eternal worldwide fame and legendary status, while few have ever heard of Terry !
To add insult to injury, it was while playing with Terry that Alan White jumped ship to join Yes.
Rock's unluckiest fellow ?

It was actually Jones' wife that suggested John Paul call Jimmy when she heard about this band he was putting together.
And it was Terry Reid that suggested Plant. He'd been Page's first choice but he had a good thing going with support slots with the Stones and Cream so he wouldn't do it.
Terry Reid has the dubious honour of having turned down Jimmy page for the vocalist slot in Led Zeppelin and Ritchie Blackmore for the vocalist slot in Deep Purple when he wanted to replace the original singer, Rod Evans.
Robert Plant and Ian Gillan went on to eternal worldwide fame and legendary status, while few have ever heard of Terry !
To add insult to injury, it was while playing with Terry that Alan White jumped ship to join Yes.
Nah I was more unlucky 😅😅

I was a good player and crappy musicians got the breaks, but I am not bitter, not a bit!!
Goes both ways there are plenty of great players that did get a beak...many that didn't...similar to the odds of winning the lottery. For sure there are mediocre musicians that kind of "make it" but I'm hard pressed to think of a mediocre musician that made it to the big time rock stardom... I know very few musicians that were able to support themselves by just playing , they all have a side hustle cause unless you make it BIG you are just a face in the crowd. I know a few of the players in Oingo Boingo but only Elfman got to the big bucks. Of the hundreds of musicians I've known only a handful have never had to take on the side job...which usually in the end becomes their main job... Just a fickle finger of fate roll of the dice...

I have a couple of these tunes playing at the same time, priceless. I used to drop some acid and listen to the radio and the
stereo at the same time, wild.

By that definition, the most famous Deuce Coupe ever wouldn't qualify as it had three carbs and was supercharged! But the 2 in 32 was the reason for the Deuce designation. That's why you have the 32s on the front of this album.

s-l640.jpg

By that definition, the most famous Deuce Coupe ever wouldn't qualify as it had three carbs and was supercharged! But the 2 in 32 was the reason for the Deuce designation. That's why you have the 32s on the front of this album.

s-l640.jpg

You can teach an old dog new tricks. We would call a car with 3 cabs a six pack if I remember correctly. That was looooong time ago.

My crowd called them tri-power in the late 60's (GTOs, etc.), then Mopar came out with the 6-pack (three 2 bbls).

is a deuce a two carborator set up? (sp, i'm not going to bother)
Carbs are so much better than fuel injection. Basically the fuel injection regulates the fuel and air mixture via a computer chip in modern everyday cars depending on the air pressure and temperature... most of what the engine burns is oxygen, the gasoline is just an accelerant. Most guys who race cars prefer carbouretas as they are tricky to get right but infinetly more tuneable to get the best gas and air mixture for the conditions xxxx😀👍

You can teach an old dog new tricks.

Carbs are so much better than fuel injection. Basically the fuel injection regulates the fuel and air mixture via a computer chip in modern everyday cars depending on the air pressure and temperature... most of what the engine burns is oxygen, the gasoline is just an accelerant. Most guys who race cars prefer carbouretas as they are tricky to get right but infinetly more tuneable to get the best gas and air mixture for the conditions xxxx😀👍
I have rebuilt a few myself back in the day. You had to change the engine timing with the distributer for altitude lol. No electronic ignition. Points. Grease and oil and dirt changing them GM starters all the time. Getting almost knocked out getting hit in the head with the engine hoist. Those were the days. Listening to good ole R&R

I have rebuilt a few myself back in the day. You had to change the engine timing with the distributer for altitude lol. No electronic ignition. Points. Grease and oil and dirt changing them GM starters all the time. Getting almost knocked out getting hit in the head with the engine hoist. Those were the days. Listening to good ole R&R

Cool stuff. Can you imagine trying to set up the original Lambo V12 Miura? 6 twin choke carbs? What a nightmare! You would have to be like a piano tuner. Coz every little twist of the screws puts everything else out of sync. Imagine tuning and getting the intonation right on a double neck 6 and 12 strings with floating trems.

Xxxxx take care dude 😇🥰

Maybe Pete Best also?

Back