Name that tune

I think I am getting confused Rich, I posted a picture of Jamaica, Dyer Maker. I think we might have crossed over and got mixed up. I am so sorry Rich, I am old and confused πŸ€”πŸ€” Bah humbug 😟😟😟
This is awsome Rich... its like Crosby Stills and Nash with Bohnham drumming and Creedence guitar!! Fab πŸ₯°πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

This is awsome Rich... its like Crosby Stills and Nash with Bohnham drumming and Creedence guitar!! Fab πŸ₯°πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Better band than Deep Purple, better musicians. If they had chosen to get a singer in they could have been huge. But they stuck to their principles as an instumental band.

Last edited:
One morning, two guys that had a local morning radio show were trying to come up with rock songs with yodeling. I called in and suggested Hocus Pocus, and they didn't have it in the library (this was in the days of records or cart machine). The studio was about a mile from my house, so I agreed to drop off a copy of the album. As I was driving to work, I listened to them playing it on the radio.

Picked it up later that evening, with a nice note from the DJs.

jamaica_road_map-gif.125165
OK So this was a clue!!!!! I didn't get that, like Spantini didn't get my Cottage Cheese clue.

I would have probably figured it was Jamaica Jerk Off by Elton John anyway!

Turns out there are about a half dozen songs titled "Jamaica" in the hip hop world. I guess it's a popular place, and a bit of a crossover with the reggae style. I did see one mention of D'yer Maker being associated with Jamaica. I always knew it was a play on the phrase "did you make her?"

Back