Subforums

I've been growing them for at least 10 years. I have plenty of gloves, having worked in the chemical industry. There's a baggie on the kitchen counter for a neighbor, and I wrote on it WEAR GLOVES WHEN HANDLING!
My wife was making fun of me the whole time while I was stumbling around blind! I am surprised she didn't lead me out to the deck to stumble down the steps. I could not open my eyes they burnt so bad. Took about ten minutes at the kitchen sink. I suppose that is what it must be like to be pepper sprayed?

I don't usually vent these type of things on line but as stated I am a loner with no one to talk to.
I have been going through the same thing with my youngest daughter that I went through with her oldest brother who is now deceased.
No drugs, just alcohol. She is a stone cold alcoholic.
She called her mother tonight crying her life was no good etc and that she was going to end it.
Then she got on line with me going through the same thing.
I kept her on line while I called the Albany NY police. I am in Virginia and there was nothing else I could do.
For an hour I was back and forth with the police while I tried to keep her on line. She told me she wasn't at home.
She was either going to drive or jump into the Hudson river.
I told her I had called the police they were waiting for her at her place and to go back and do the right thing.
I told the police she is probably driving around drunk and to arrest her and put her in jail.
She must have parked the car when I told her I had called the police.
They found her walking.
She is now in Albany Medical center being held for a psychiatric evaluation and detox but they can't begin until she sobers up.
I know she hates me for doing this but what else could I do?
I am sitting here in tears for her. I have gone through this once before and I don't know how much more I can take and it is not about me.
She is now 37 and she is a bright girl, good looking, a good person when she is sober, she has, had, everything going for her.
I am at my wits end and was scared to death.

I don't usually vent these type of things on line but as stated I am a loner with no one to talk to.
I have been going through the same thing with my youngest daughter that I went through with her oldest brother who is now deceased.
No drugs, just alcohol. She is a stone cold alcoholic.
She called her mother tonight crying her life was no good etc and that she was going to end it.
Then she got on line with me going through the same thing.
I kept her on line while I called the Albany NY police. I am in Virginia and there was nothing else I could do.
For an hour I was back and forth with the police while I tried to keep her on line. She told me she wasn't at home.
She was either going to drive or jump into the Hudson river.
I told her I had called the police they were waiting for her at her place and to go back and do the right thing.
I told the police she is probably driving around drunk and to arrest her and put her in jail.
She must have parked the car when I told her I had called the police.
They found her walking.
She is now in Albany Medical center being held for a psychiatric evaluation and detox but they can't begin until she sobers up.
I know she hates me for doing this but what else could I do?
I am sitting here in tears for her. I have gone through this once before and I don't know how much more I can take and it is not about me.
She is now 37 and she is a bright girl, good looking, a good person when she is sober, she has, had, everything going for her.
I am at my wits end and was scared to death.

Brother, I am so sorry for your heartache and worry. You did the best thing, hopefully she will realize that after she sobers up. I think she will. Admittedly I have no answers. Substance abuse to the point of death or wishing one's self dead is absolutely tragic and senseless. All I can figure is that the person has to want better for themself, something better than the answer being to turn to an altered state. A very allusive thing, for some.

I wish I had some answers for you, but I don't.

Brother, I am so sorry for your heartache and worry. You did the best thing, hopefully she will realize that after she sobers up. I think she will. Admittedly I have no answers. Substance abuse to the point of death or wishing one's self dead is absolutely tragic and senseless. All I can figure is that the person has to want better for themself, something better than the answer being to turn to an altered state. A very allusive thing, for some.

I wish I had some answers for you, but I don't.
No one has any answers. She has been a drunk for years. I had here her with me for five months. I told her if she goes to rehab and cleans up her act I would buy her a house, a car, and any education she wants. Instead her addiction led her to steal from us and lie. She wouldn't look for a job. I finally gave her two grand to go back to NY. Little did I know at the time she had been calling her abusive boyfriend, they had restraining orders against each other. Her old basement apartment in a house had not been rented out and she moved back in and let him move in with her. Well, we know how that ended. That was a few weeks ago. She cannot think straight in the grip of her addiction. She is very close to rock bottom now, only one step to go and that is either jail or death. I wish she had been sitting in her car with the keys in it when they found her. I don't know how long they can hold her under these circumstances. I spoke with the attending physician last night. She was lying to her of course. She asked me what was really going on so I read her our facebook conversation ver batim and before I started I had to warn her it contained a lot of French, from both sides, she said give it to me straight so I did. That was enough for them to hold her as a threat to herself but I don't know how long that can go on or what good it is going to do, only time will tell. I don't want to lose another one.

Back