Subforums

When a person tells me that everyone on the other side is evil and out to destroy America, I know they are in a cult. Goes both ways.

I might be able to be convinced that he could do more - that's a discussion I'm willing to have, that's useful, constructive. But I reject the idea outright that he doesn't care. It is EXACTLY this kind of rhetoric that stands in the way of us having constructive conversation about this issue.
yep...Ol Joe has to wake up in the morning and look at himself in the mirror so I'm sure in his heart of hearts he believes / justified that he is doing what is best. He just, like all of us, doesn't know what he doesn't know. I am sure he has done many things that he knew were not the best choice for America but the best choice for his party's agenda to of course "Help" America in the end. Mistakes have been made and ignorance is bliss looking in that mirror. Truth is he is too old for the job and is not capable of being the kind of leader we could really use in these very divided and screwed up times. Not saying that there is anyone on either side of the divide that I see out there today that is interested in being the POTUS that is ideal, but dozens that could do a much better job than Joe at this juncture in his aged life. He's a puppet on a string, playing his part to the best of his limited capabilities.

Trump is 76, doesn't seem to bother the cult any.
Too old and too bombastic to ever get re-elected. ( I hope to hell anyway) I voted for him first time around...He talked a pretty good talk while campaigning. He did a lot of what he set out to do when he jumped in. He definitely stirred up the shit. Far too grand of plans with not enough data or support to get the deeds done. Then he went whacko with the tweets. Pretty embarrassing from both a national and international level. His ego certainly got the best of him and us as a nation. That was then, this is now and I have to say the cookie jar looks pretty empty with just crumbs left to pick from. I see no true leader the likes of a Kennedy or a Reagan. Both great actors and that's what we need. Someone that can instill confidence in us as a nation that we can get through this shit storm of a time in history as Rome burns.

Too old and too bombastic to ever get re-elected. ( I hope to hell anyway) I voted for him first time around...He talked a pretty good talk while campaigning. He did a lot of what he set out to do when he jumped in. He definitely stirred up the shit. Far too grand of plans with not enough data or support to get the deeds done. Then he went whacko with the tweets. Pretty embarrassing from both a national and international level. His ego certainly got the best of him and us as a nation. That was then, this is now and I have to say the cookie jar looks pretty empty with just crumbs left to pick from. I see no true leader the likes of a Kennedy or a Reagan. Both great actors and that's what we need. Someone that can instill confidence in us as a nation that we can get through this shit storm of a time in history as Rome burns.
I grew up in NY and NJ watching his rise for years. He was always in some kind of shady deal. He always came across to me as a blowhard and an asshole, has nothing to do with his politics, he hasn't any, any which way the wind blows. He was a democrat before he saw his opportunity. Joe may not be a great politician but he doesn't surround himself with psychos licking his boot heels and isn't as near embarrassing.

Who the hell was the commonist who decided to ship bread from the bread factory such that you gotta twist the tie clockwise in order to open the bread and make the wife a sammich? Righty tighty/lefty loosey is the rule. It has always been the rule. Get with the program and stop being a threat to our democracy.

The wife's knee replacement surgery by all indications went well. Me covering the duties of fixing sammichs, washing dishes and clothes, and taking care of everything, questionable. Last night's dinner, steak, sweet potato medallions, and salad. Tonight? Club sammich, sliced honey crisp apple, and Doritos. Tomorrow, If the pattern percists? Dry toast and a pickle. Please send get well soonses, or we may starve by week's end. The bright side, in freshly washed clean clothing.

Reactions: TAE
That twist tie thing is really annoying fer crying out loud!

Speedy recovery on the wife's knee thing ...Mine is going to have to do the hip replacement thing sooner than later so I'll be in the same boat except I have a couple daughters to come around and help out a bit... Already been through two hip surgeries with her over the last 30 years..those were on the other hip now the other one is ready for R&R

Speedy recovery on the wife's knee thing ...Mine is going to have to do the hip replacement thing sooner than later so I'll be in the same boat except I have a couple daughters to come around and help out a bit... Already been through two hip surgeries with her over the last 30 years..those were on the other hip now the other one is ready for R&R
I am not sure I would let her do that. I made tons and tons of parts for the machines that make all those replacements. What could possibly go wrong?

Last edited:
Reactions: TAE

Better later than sooner, they say. One's enough in a lifetime.

I once asked the wife what her definition of a gentleman was and she said "a man who doesn't pee in the shower."

I just picked the last of them yesterday. 🌶️ Snow arrived this morning. 🌶️

I'm hoping the last 8-10 will still ripen.
Whatever you do, don't cut them up and then rub your eyes. Been there, tried that. Had to yell to the wife for help guiding me to the kitchen sink, I was blind.

Isn't it about time we get rid of the apostrophe? Who needs them anymore? I am sure we can read with out them. They are slowing down all
the English speaking nations of the world and I hate them. If I spell isn't as isnt, and can't as cant, we cant read that?

Another random thought. Why is audiofunkzine giving me trophies? Do they think I am twelve? That may hold true to my emotional development
but I am way past that chronologically.

Whatever you do, don't cut them up and then rub your eyes. Been there, tried that. Had to yell to the wife for help guiding me to the kitchen sink, I was blind.
I've been growing them for at least 10 years. I have plenty of gloves, having worked in the chemical industry. There's a baggie on the kitchen counter for a neighbor, and I wrote on it WEAR GLOVES WHEN HANDLING!

Back