Videos

dogooder

I can make a video for anyone if they like. All I need is an MP3. Of course, no charge, I enjoy it. If interested check mine out to see the work. I have gotten better with the
software.

What I would need from you. A copy of the lyrics, any photos you want included in .jpeg format. A general outline of what you would want
example, lyrics in the video, credits in the video, PG format, in color or B&W etc. that kind of thing or just leave it to me? I would need these sent to me via email,
I can't download the stuff unless you have it stored somewhere that I can download it from. One problem I have come across are the videos
are usually too large to send by email and I haven't yet looked to find a solution to that but I am sure it can be figured out. I guess a zip file which
I have never used? I can figure that out.
Thanx for looking.

Your vids are pretty awesome. Are you using royalty free images?

Whats that lol. I have been expecting some flack but it has been five years? and no one has come after me yet. The "movie" clips are free yes. The stills, I don't bother to find out. I figure if you put a picture up on the internet it's public domain. I have seen still shots from 80 years ago they want you to pay for? Who did they get the rights from to charge you a fee? I am using a free software program that runs on Linux platforms named Blender.
Thank you for the accolade. No one has said anything one way or the other about bad or good, you are the first.

Last edited:
I do know that you can't assume that any image on the net is public domain because many are copyright protected. In your case you may have gotten lucky and the images just happen to be public domain or that the copyright holder doesn't know or care that you've used it. Could be that they don't care because whatever you've used the images for have not gained any traction or made money but if a video you created started getting really popular you could be in for an unpleasant surprise. FYI, there are websites loaded with royalty free stuff that you can get for free, just need to google it.

Same for music. In my case I have some copyrighted music released and I don't really care who uses it if they aren't making money from it but guess what? As soon as they start making money from my copyrighted material I will go after them and they will either need to pay me or take it down (not holding my breath that will happen though).

Basically nothing is free.

They may let you use it for your personal use if you give them recognition, but make any money from it and they will be onto you.

Music, photographs, video, recorded sound are all made by someone and for a purpose. That is usually to make money somehow and most likely through a stock library.

If you see something on the internet on Google or social media it does not mean it is free to use for commercial use.

I have been to them. Not much to choose from until you get to the pay section. My channel is not monitized and I am not
promoting or trying to sell anything so the chances of me making money are slim to none. Most of the time I will call up google images and click on
the public domain option. All the video clips are from the royalty free websites I have found. If any conflicts arise I would just take it down or
youtube will, or if money was being made just pay them. I am not into money so I don't really care. How do some these sites take photos from
WWI and charge you for them, who gave them the rights. Many of the photos I have used have been around for over fifty years. I will see some
for sale and then I see the same photo for free? I have seen some of the photos I have used on TV in documentaries.

If you're making $$$ with them as already stated, it is likely there will a hand out for their piece of the proverbial pie. That said it has to be a decent size pie for them to waste their time trying to get some of it. This is a problem we as old farts screwing around making entertainment media can only fantasize of having such luck. Carry on and exercise your license. I have made a few very mediocre slide show videos. Jerry if you're so inclined I'd dig ya taking a stab at this one that I recorded a few years ago back...Cover of Lucas Grahms 7 years old... Please don't feel obligated to do this but if you want to go for it...cool!
So when I went to go get the link soundcloud offered to do a dolby mastering of it...hmmm? Google google OK lets try it ....$5 down the tube ;)

Last edited:
If you're making $$$ with them as already stated, it is likely there will a hand out for their piece of the proverbial pie. That said it has to be a decent size pie for them to waste their time trying to get some of it. This is a problem we as old farts screwing around making entertainment media can only fantasize of having such luck. Carry on and exercise your license. I have made a few very mediocre slide show videos. Jerry if you're so inclined I'd dig ya taking a stab at this one that I recorded a few years ago back...Cover of Lucas Grahms 7 years old... Please don't feel obligated to do this but if you want to go for it...cool!
So when I went to go get the link soundcloud offered to do a dolby mastering of it...hmmm? Google google OK lets try it ....$5 down the tube ;)
I have to run out, I will get back to you on this. I laid out above what I will need form you to do this.

I have never heard the song before and I don't know the artist. Yes I can do something for ya if you like. Can you send me an MP3 or is there somwhere I can download it from. Can I download it from the cloud? There are a lot of lyrics, the more lyrics the longer it takes me because I am trying to match images up to them. In some of my vids I tried to get the images changing right on the beat of 1. Getting them lined up with the music is painstaking also so most of the time I don't really worry about that. It is a slow tune which makes it easier. Nice voice by the way. I am almost finished with another of my vids. What is really holding me back is getting a new title. The original title from so many years ago has new connotations now that I really don't want to use it lol. BOOTY BANDITS. I am thinking of changing it to Every Mans Dream but not sure. This one will have to be rated not for children!!

I have never heard the song before and I don't know the artist. Yes I can do something for ya if you like. Can you send me an MP3 or is there somwhere I can download it from. Can I download it from the cloud? There are a lot of lyrics, the more lyrics the longer it takes me because I am trying to match images up to them. In some of my vids I tried to get the images changing right on the beat of 1. Getting them lined up with the music is painstaking also so most of the time I don't really worry about that. It is a slow tune which makes it easier. Nice voice by the way. I am almost finished with another of my vids. What is really holding me back is getting a new title. The original title from so many years ago has new connotations now that I really don't want to use it lol. BOOTY BANDITS. I am thinking of changing it to Every Mans Dream but not sure. This one will have to be rated not for children!!
I PM'd ya dude!

Back