DAW Users With ADD

Haven't been on "The Thread" since my wife passed. Missed you guys, but had a lot to deal with.
Weather
Had to turn from AC to Heat yesterday. Entering into the season where my system shines and I'll save a lot of money. Lots of yard work to do yet, but every day off I get is overcast and rainy and it's hard to make good progress...
Health
Yeah. One bright side. Seem to have gotten my meds in order and the brain "fuzzy" I used to get is either a memory or I've gotten used to it. Lot less body aches. Seems my A1C has been high for a long time and they've been telling me, but my previous "doctor" told me 7 was threshold, so I was waiting to start on the meds. New doctor let me know 6.5 is close to insulin need and I should start taking the Metformin and get comfortable with a good exercise (and NOT extra fries) regimen. Okay. Doing those, and feeling MUCH better. Wish I'd known, but our doctor's office has made a lot of mistakes, especially in telling my wife she was negative for COVID that she died of a week later...
Music
Have two sets of lyrics written with one fleshed, and one "working on it" chord and block structures. Sat down in studio last night (first time since Pam passed) and put down a "guide" track for the one that's fleshed. Laid out the tracks I think I need and am ready to start recording parts as I learn them.
New project may be a little dark for me as I'm using it to help overcome my grief.
Sports
Meh. I'll leave that to you guys. Never been a fan of anything but drag racing and some certain track races involving more than left turns. I do like Ken Block if you can call what he does a sport. :)
Finances
You know, we were set up for me to die first...life insurance policies, all the cars and such in her name, etc. I'd set her up with an investment account that netted several thousand over the last 2 years, and set myself as sole beneficiary. That was a blessing. It still took two months to get the money transferred into my name and sell some stocks. The check is supposed to come today. FEMA says they will reimburse funeral expenses up to 9k for COVID related deaths, but they are balking and others are saying it may take 4-6 months or longer to realize the money... He life insurance company is also balking (even though they are supposed to pay in full for COVID death) because we'd only paid 15 of the required 24 months of premiums. I'm doing well with the finances still, but the fact that everyone that owes me is dragging their heels while the ones that are trying to collect, like the hospital, don't seem to want to wait.

Well, I hope I didn't bore you all with what I'm affectionately calling my "After Life" . . I'm in good spirits, and not looking for sympathy. I have a REALLY great support group who is helping me to grieve, but still keep my positive (and most times humorous) life intact.

Health
Yeah. One bright side. Seem to have gotten my meds in order and the brain "fuzzy" I used to get is either a memory or I've gotten used to it. Lot less body aches. Seems my A1C has been high for a long time and they've been telling me, but my previous "doctor" told me 7 was threshold, so I was waiting to start on the meds. New doctor let me know 6.5 is close to insulin need and I should start taking the Metformin and get comfortable with a good exercise (and NOT extra fries) regimen. Okay. Doing those, and feeling MUCH better. Wish I'd known, but our doctor's office has made a lot of mistakes, especially in telling my wife she was negative for COVID that she died of a week later...
yeah, you gotta get on top of that. Above 5.7 A1C is pre-dibetes, and above 6.5 is full on diabetes I believe. I was tested earlier this year with a 12.4 A1C and over 300 fasting glucose. Doc put me on metformin and insulin (tresiba). I stayed on the insulin about 6 weeks, then he took me off and put me on Jardiance. I also cut out a lot of carbs from my diet (I’m a carb lover unfortunately). Long story short, I had blood work done two weeks ago. A1C down to 5.4, and fasting glucose 101. 👍🏼

You gotta take this seriously. This can lead to loss of eyesight, kidney failure, amputations… pretty nasty stuff. I know you’re dealing with a lot, but don’t ignore your health. If you can, go see an endocrinologist rather than a GP. They deal with this almost exclusively. Good luck.

The Big ten is wacky, any team can win on any given day....

except Rutgers.
they’re like the college version of the Giants. ☹️

I heard yesterday that this makes 5 years in a row that the Giants have won just 2 games or less in their first 8 games. How is that even possible in the NFL? 2-6 or 1-7, does not make for Superbowl contenders. 🙄

Happy turkey day!
Wow, he’s alive. I thought the new girlfriend had you all busy painting and fixing plumbing leaks and working on her car and picking up feminine products at the drugstore. :laughings::D

Hope you enjoyed the holiday. I decided to throw caution to the wind with my diabetes and have some mashed potatoes and stuffing yesterday. Quite surprisingly my blood sugar remained normal. 🤷🏻‍♂️ No clue as to how, but thankful for small things.

Wow, he’s alive. I thought the new girlfriend had you all busy painting and fixing plumbing leaks and working on her car and picking up feminine products at the drugstore. :laughings::D

Hope you enjoyed the holiday. I decided to throw caution to the wind with my diabetes and have some mashed potatoes and stuffing yesterday. Quite surprisingly my blood sugar remained normal. 🤷🏻‍♂️ No clue as to how, but thankful for small things.
I do have a life again, probably more so than I did before my divorce. My post covid/divorce life is like I passed through some type of portal into a new dimension where my life is completely different. That's a good thing.

The holiday was good, I'm in the middle of a four day weekend right now. Taking it easy and being a slacker.

Having serious thoughts about going on band hiatus again due to covid. We were off for about a year starting in March 2020 when covid first reared its head. But once vaccinations came about and everyone got vaccinated, we started getting together again. But this Omicron strain has me nervous again. It seems that most of the people getting it have been either vaccinated or have had covid before. And although it also seems the cases are mild, it’s not a good sign.

Anyway, despite everyone being vaccinated (and at least 4 of the 6 being boosted), some do a bit of traveling. One was in Mexico a few weeks ago, one was in CA last week, and another is going to Aruba soon. So the combination of traveling and Omicron have me concerned.

Not sure if I’m being prudent, or a wuss. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Having serious thoughts about going on band hiatus again due to covid. We were off for about a year starting in March 2020 when covid first reared its head. But once vaccinations came about and everyone got vaccinated, we started getting together again. But this Omicron strain has me nervous again. It seems that most of the people getting it have been either vaccinated or have had covid before. And although it also seems the cases are mild, it’s not a good sign.

Anyway, despite everyone being vaccinated (and at least 4 of the 6 being boosted), some do a bit of traveling. One was in Mexico a few weeks ago, one was in CA last week, and another is going to Aruba soon. So the combination of traveling and Omicron have me concerned.

Not sure if I’m being prudent, or a wuss. 🤷🏻‍♂️
No one really knows, but you hate to find out the hard way. At this point it's pretty much a personal decision. My girlfriend is a nurse and she sees it all the time, it has taken a toll on their ranks.

No one really knows, but you hate to find out the hard way. At this point it's pretty much a personal decision. My girlfriend is a nurse and she sees it all the time, it has taken a toll on their ranks.
Well, I pulled the trigger. No more practices for the time being. It’s not that big a deal. We only had two more practices before the Christmas/New Year’s holidays anyway. Then starting in Jan., the bass player goes to FL for a month and the lead singer goes to Aruba for two months. So except for the next two weeks we wouldn’t be practicing until at least Feb. anyway. By that time we’ll know more about how serious this Omicron is.

Having my son and his family over for dinner tonight for his 39th birthday. 😳😳 Not sure when I got this old. 😢

Merry Christmas to all!

I've been very busy between work, my recent life changes and the Holiday. 2O21 was better than 2020 and the way things are looking 2022 will be even better still. I'm hosting what's left of my family this afternoon and will be going to see the Trans Siberian Orchestra Sunday. Christmas day will be watching Packers and screwing off.

Merry Christmas to all!

I've been very busy between work, my recent life changes and the Holiday. 2O21 was better than 2020 and the way things are looking 2022 will be even better still. I'm hosting what's left of my family this afternoon and will be going to see the Trans Siberian Orchestra Sunday. Christmas day will be watching Packers and screwing off.
Merry Christmas to you and everyone as well. 🌲

My son-in-law’s best friend sings with TSO. Russ Allen. Not sure if he’s in the group you’ll see. He with the East Coast touring unit, and apparently there’s also a West Coast version.

Merry Christmas to you and everyone as well. 🌲

My son-in-law’s best friend sings with TSO. Russ Allen. Not sure if he’s in the group you’ll see. He with the East Coast touring unit, and apparently there’s also a West Coast version.

He must be in the other group. It was a great show, not really a music concert in the classic sense, more of an amalgamation of different things with music being a huge part. The singers were all top notch.

Back