What did you have for dinner tonight?

Last night didn't get home til kind of late. Tired, spittin' nails, and not particularly interested in fussing over something to eat. I had leftover grilled London Broil, sliced thin on the bias against the grain and nuked just long enough to knock the chill off. Dipped in leftover black coffee BBQ sauce from some smoke house joint from which we'd ordered bbq. When we had London broil I saved my potato skin, so I took that, sprinkled some granulated garlic, salt n pepper, shredded cheddar cheese, and popped it into the toaster oven on convection cooking until crisp around the edges. A little sour cream on top at service.

I love that toaster oven, Quick and easy. If not for the toaster oven I would have just nuked that potato skin, which would have sucked. It wouldn't make sense to heat up the big oven just crisp up a potato skin. Plus it saves energy cost. In fact, we rarely even use the big oven anymore.

Tonight, tacos. And beer. Maybe just beer. Beer is food. Beer, and nuts. Pistachios, maybe. And beer. Maybe just beer.

I need to work on some music. I've got so many unfinished projects. Some still just ideas in my head. I'd love to have a drum kit, might speed things along. But i'm not doing the kit thing. Either way, it's supposed to be fun. I put it down when it starts feeling like work. It's been a couple of weeks, i'm ready to pick it back up, if I can find the time.

And then there's the Dobro. That there's a hurdle that's taking some getting used to....like walking on ice on a sunny day.

Last night was cheeseburgers on the grill. I slice a potato, nuke it for about 2 minutes to get a bit of a cook, then coat with butter and some seasoned salt, drop of the grill next to the burgers. They get a bit crispy. Some lettuce, pickles and BBQ sauce for the burgers.

Today will be leftovers, to make room for tomorrow's stuff. This afternoon, I have to bake a cake (my daughter likes white cake with white or butter cream frosting) instead of the cherry pie. But first I have 18 holes of golf to do! It's a brisk 33 degrees, hoping it hits close to 40 when we tee off.

hoping it hits close to 40 when we tee off.
Have you tried those heated jackets? They have a rechargeable lith battery. Get the pants, the jacket, the gloves, socks, neck piece, and you would be set.

Tonight I'm thinking the Bohemian place. Excellent pork and dumplings.

I had French Onion Soup and a Grilled Cheese ...
I used to be a grilled cheese-a-holic, but that was for lunch.. not dinner. I was working a couple blocks from a greasy spoon in an industrial area and I'd go there every day for a large cup of bean soup, 2 grilled cheese and bag of chips. Every day for 5 years. You've given me a craving for them again, but I'm afraid I'll start bingeing on them again if I start [somebody STOP me :drunk:]

I used to be a grilled cheese-a-holic, but that was for lunch.. not dinner. I was working a couple blocks from a greasy spoon in an industrial area and I'd go there every day for a large cup of bean soup, 2 grilled cheese and bag of chips. Every day for 5 years. You've given me a craving for them again, but I'm afraid I'll start bingeing on them again if I start [somebody STOP me :drunk:]
HHAHAHA..........oh yeah.......a grilled cheese-a-holic. That's been me for a couple years now. My wife keeps saying I'll get tired of them but so far.....not!!

Last night.......home made pasta fazool !! My Italian Jersey girl wife can cook brother!! Had a rib roast on Saturday! Man....it knocked me out on the couch later!!

Mick

... My Italian Jersey girl wife can cook brother!! Had a rib roast on Saturday! Man....it knocked me out on the couch later!! ...
That's what I'm talkin' 'bout :P Growing up, my mom would ask me what I wanted for dinner every Thanksgiving and Christmas. I always said Rib Roast with Yorkshire Pudding.. lot's of Yorkshire Pudding.

Here is one for you Spantini. Try 'toad in the hole'.

This is cooked premium meaty sausage cooked in a yorkshire pudding with later lashings of thick gravy.

Quite tasty looking! I'll have to use vegetarian sausages :LOL:

Rigatoni con Pepperoni (vegan)

Pasta smothered in a creamy pepperoni-tomato sauce seasoned with onion, garlic, salt and pepper - topped with plenty of freshly grated Romano cheese.

Don't let thread die!

Last night I had beans, from a can. Added ketchup, black pepper, and let simmer for a while. Some think it weird I like beans. I just like 'em. You would think I wouldn't. When I was a little kid I had an asshole step father. Long story. But the short of it with beans, my mother used to work very hard, a lot of overtime working late. Step father would be in charge at home. We weren't particularly wealthy. Sometimes we would have beans, a big pot, for fucking days. Asshole didn't have enough fucking sense to add some water. They would be all thick and pasty. Me and my older brothers would sit at the table with those damn beans. Days old nasty pinto beans. Asshole would say, "the last one to finish their beans has to eat the fat out of the bottom of the pot". I don't ever recall us ever having to eat the fat, I guess it was all a bit of levity, amusement for the asshole who didn't have to eat them beans. Good times. One my older brothers to this day will not eat beans, ever......cept maybe in chili beans. Anyway...

I don't know what it is with beans, maybe that it's easy to pop open a can and doctor them up.....but never any fat, of any kind, ever! It's almost like comfort food for me, and good for me! It was going to be pot luck at home, each man for himself, as the saying goes. But when I got home wife had NY strip steak and a brussel sprout-bacon-balsamic thing, and potato mash. I was a little disappoint. I couldn't turn my nose up at her efforts in favor of beans. I ate a token amount of steak and brussel sprouts, which temporarily spoiled my appetite for beans. But I recovered and a little later than I should have I ate them beans, very hot with diced onion. Stomach is working itself out this morning.

Of course I prefer cooking beans from dry beans, but that takes a long time, some planning. I've yet to try it in the Insta-Pot pressure cooker thing. That should cut time drastically, but not sure the texture would be right. I have a beef brisket in the fridge I really need to rub, let sit, and then slow-n-low cook. With the price of meat these days I really shouldn't let it go to waste.

Last edited:
Medic ! ! :laughings:

As a kid, one of my all-time favorites was a can of pork and beans. I'd dump that into a sauce pan then grab a couple Oscar Meyer hot dogs and cut them into very thin slices - throw them in with the beans. I'd simmer that for as long as it took to make the dogs curl up into cups and look well done - just before it got too pasty to stir. Might have to add water halfway through to keep it from burning. That's it. Nothing else added. Yummy.

Last night I had pizza. Green peppers; black olives; jalapenos; mushrooms; and I threw on a layer of cooked greens.

People love their Pinto beans here in Appalachia. I’m pretty sure Luck’s Pinto beans is like one of the most sold items.

I am addicted to nuts or better nuts and raisons. When I start I cant stop and a real pain regards putting on weight. But never constipated!!!!:oops:

I know I am a weirdo !!:oops:

Last edited:
My wife made her special chili with ground venison and ground medium sausage, Wic Fowlers chili mix, add beans, onions, tomatoes. I made corn bread and baked it in my cast iron skillet. Decorate the top of the chili with sour cream and shredded cheese when serving, add butter to the corn bread and ummmm, good!

I’ve been having either the mozzarella sticks or a loaded fries platter at Sheetz A LOT recently and I haven’t gotten tired of it.

Back