Jim Carey on what really exist

TAE

All you have is now
It's so strange, Life that is..

Jim touches on what life is , depression and a experienced perspective on the experience we call living our lives....

So Jim a very talented comedy actor wakes up one morning and discovers he is no different than anybody else. :unsure:

I think life is pretty simple. Not to give a shameless plug for my music, but I think to me this song says what is important. It is simply being in your life.

Reactions: TAE
I think life is pretty simple. Not to give a shameless plug for my music, but I think to me this song says what is important. It is simply being in your life.

Hey man it's always a little easier to get the meaning of lyrics when you write them out and add them to the post.....

Hey man it's always a little easier to get the meaning of lyrics when you write them out and add them to the post.....
Fair: I will remember that in the future. Thanks.

If you never feel the pain
Never walk in the rain
Feel the warmth of a smile
Asked to be reconciled

If you're there and unaware
Where is your proof of life

Do you measure from what you know
Or do you measure to where you go
The world will tell you who you are
It will tell you how far
But there is another point of view
That was made just for you

If you never feel the pain
Never walk in the rain
Feel the warmth of a smile
Asked to be reconciled

If you're there and unaware

Reactions: TAE
Once upon a time I was in a pretty cool little prog rock band
This song is in a very similar vein...Great concert at the Hollywood Palladium back in 1978
Dumb ass sound man turned down the guitarist during his solo at the end but the lyrics ( written by the lead singer in this video)
Are pretty cool

Children Awaken
Time to break out
Change some of these rules

To Follow
That's life
Live your laws
You know you must pay the price

Freedom
Where has it gone
It's supposed to be here
Seems the meanings died

Doesn't make sense to me
The truths they want us to believe
We can change it if we just look and see
But it seems that they 've succeeded in covering our eyes

Tear down your mask now
Just spring from your cage
The door can open
Unless of course
Your locks to well made

There's just no reason
For us all to keep living as one
Equals can survive
And individuals they can run

(and my favorite line)

Look away, You look away
Don't need to worry about what others say
They'll judge, They'll define
All their lives they be crying
Who am I

Sweep under the carpet
All their decisions all their rules
Or keep on existing in the successful game of fools

Whatever wherever
as long as it's your choice
and you know it is
With your life, you're the ruler
Don't live out fantasies of some other voice, NO

With the wind
Look away, You look away
Don't need to listen to what others say
They'll judge and they'll define
All their lives they'll be crying
Who am I
Now who am I
I don't need somebody looking over my shoulder
Who am I

Jim touches on what life is , depression and a experienced perspective on the experience we call living our lives....

I dislike most of the dumb shit Jim Carey has been involved with in terms of movies and yet I can hear him speak as Jim Carey all day long.

I'm a fan...He's just a really bizarre unique cat who knew what he was going to do at a very young age, set his goals and attained them......contortionist, impressionist and a really decent actor and comedian.

Sounds like he's having trouble with his self identity. Hopefully he'll come through it.

He is very talented with a unique style. He may even be a nice guy.

But as soon as these 'celebs' open their mouths to whine or tell us how to think and what to do or tell us about their troubles etc. I just turn right off and they lose the lot in my eyes.

Last edited:
He is very talented with a unique style. He may even be a nice guy.

But as soon as these 'celebs' open their mouths to whine or tell us how to think and what to do or tell us about their troubles etc. I just turn right off and they lose the lot in my eyes.
I don’t believe he’s telling us how to think. He’s just expressing his beliefs, and celebrities are allowed to have beliefs and opinions, too. Just because they have a large audience doesn’t mean they shouldn’t be expressing those opinions and beliefs.

Most everyone I've known always felt "if I only had money, I'd be happy". Well, this video and the lives of every celebrity and rich person prove that's wrong.

It's really easy to be happy. Be happy. Set a goal (if you must) Work toward that goal. Just know, achieving that goal won't bring happiness. Only you can do that for yourself. It's really not hard. Miranda Lambert's "Airstream Song" says it so simply.

I don’t believe he’s telling us how to think. He’s just expressing his beliefs, and celebrities are allowed to have beliefs and opinions, too. Just because they have a large audience doesn’t mean they shouldn’t be expressing those opinions and beliefs.
Would you say the same if their views were against what yours may be? The hold an audience which is why they should be neutral at least and quiet at best.

Back