My Corona

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always love it when someone takes one word out of the other person's argument and tries to prove that it isn't necessarily what that person meant it to mean and therefore their entire argument is moot...

I always love it when someone takes one word out of the other person's argument and tries to prove that it isn't necessarily what that person meant it to mean and therefore their entire argument is moot...
Man I hate that...especially with people I care about that assume I meant this, when I totally meant that AND then get all hurt and offended over something THEY ASSUMED I meant when in fact THEY are the culprit. And as much as I or whoever tries to explain..no no I meant this....they are not having it ...they have it in their mind THIS is what was meant...They are the judge, jury and executioner of their perspective and there is no reprieve from the governor ...For certain I have been guilty of the same dumb ass blindness.

I could be wrong, but I think possibly he was talking about focusing on the word "hegemony" rather than the broader context of the point.

I don't go on Facebook anymore, however...

Some time ago I was on facebook, just seeing what folks might be up to. I don't(or didn't) normally participate or say much. Anyway. An old friend had moved away to Boston back when we were early 20's. We were like brothers, musical partners as well. He and (mostly) his Boston friends were on a Trump bashing session. Was saying Trump was being racist by calling the pandemic virus the "Chinese virus", was going to cause violence and discrimination towards Chinese in this country. The virus may not have even came from China. Trump was going to cause a war with China with his racism and lies.

Now I know in the past my old friend was on tour doing tech work with a huge band we all know and had to leave the tour after becoming quite ill, discovered he had diabetes. I would never mention it in public, in fact don't believe we have ever specifically talked about it. I digress...

Although in some cases I can, in a broader context I can't understand why some folks defend and take the side of Communist China over their own country. Somewhat reluctantly I entered the discussion, tactfully, imo. Oh, it was all hands on deck to attack yours truly, the nazi Trump supporter that is I. My friend more reasonable, of course, i'm sure taking front and center in an attempt to temper the discussion. To illustrate how China is not our friend, I mentioned how we import a large percentage of our pharma from China, and China's threats to cut off those imports. Although I wasn't necessarily targeting him, his illness, and certainly wasn't trying to hit him where it hurts, I do know he has a personal interest in the need to keep pharma flowing....for his personal health. I pointed out that the virus came out of China, and the world deserves honesty from the Chinese Communist Party, and the pharma situation proved Trump was right with his rhetoric in the need to a (in general) return to domestic manufacturing. My friend's response was, "Yes, but not now!" Honestly, I could almost hear the desperation in my friend's voice, in a way I felt horrible. He is my friend, my brother, I love the guy.

A long way around saying: Although banter over insignificant matters has its place, I don't get enjoyment and don't like disagreeing with friends. But what kind of friend would I be to lie to my friends, or even go along to get along to the detriment of as I see it the truth and our collective well being? You know what i'm saying?

Meh, i'm rambling tl;dr again. Carry on.

Last edited:
Reactions: TAE
@Mick Doobie @TAE Both work! I dislike having thoughts put in my head that I didn't think, and I hate saying an entire argument is moot because I misused (or they took a meaning other than the one I meant on) a word. Peace all!

If a child is playing in a busy street is it love to allow him to be in his folly, or to remove him from it kicking and screaming? I know that's an extreme example, but sometimes you have to point out alternatives...

Thinkin' maybe this thread could use a little comic relief.

Who woulda ever thought Jon Stewart was such a "the corona virus came from a lab in Wuhan China" conspiracy nut? :laughings:

Last edited:
The virus delta variant is not the unvaccinated's fault. It is the fault of the vaccinated taking off their MASKS.

Fauci said shots 'one way or another' thats bullshit.

I refuse to allow a shot mandate. You get taxes, roadways, transportation, ports, and services. You don't say what to inject in me or anybody. The popular viewpoint is wrong. If you got vaccinated, you needed to stay masked. The virus is still spreading through you. 93 olympians and alternates got breakthru infections at the olympics. They didn't get infected because other people weren't vaccinated! They got infected because they are seeing up to 30% retransmission rates.

Last edited:
I understand the "No one is going to tell me I have to take the shot thing" My wife, daughters and son-in-laws are of that persuasion. I totally agree that during these uptick times we should all wear mask, vaccinated or not vaccinated. They call people who have been vaccinated and still get the disease in a milder form "breakthrough cases". What we don't know is how many "breakthrough" cases there really are because we only know about the ones who have symptoms.. A whole lot more could be asymptomatic and still potentially be able to spread it. Albeit not as aggressively as someone hacking away next to them. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe I was foolish to get the Vac, maybe the MRNA thing is going to turn me into a mutant ninja baboon. 4 months now after getting the first Pfizer shot I feel I made the right choice. ( still haven't gotten the second one but plan on getting it) I made the choice carefully, cautiously, with a lot of research and watching a few old friends my age die from it. I decided to bite the bullet and just do it. During this latest uptick 99% of those hospitalized were not vaccinated. That's good enough for me but I can't convince the wife or kids to bite the bullet...Hopefully we all get through it without anyone getting really sick or worse. Wear a mask in public places and be safe.

I was a Paramedic for 12 years. 2 recertifications on the south side of Chicago. Every month we had continuing education for Infectious diseases.

The virus delta variant is not the unvaccinated's fault. It is the fault of the vaccinated taking off their MASKS.
It's irrational to try and place all the blame on either of the two sides. It's here, it's spreading and we should all do our part not to get it or transmit it. Being vaccinated definitely helps those that are vaccinated not have as severe a covid infection. Because vaccinated folks can still get the virus, if we are going to mandate that mask are required in public places...it should be for everyone not just the unvaccinated. We certainly shouldn't be giving the vaccinated a free pass on it when they themselves can be carriers and spreaders of the damn bug. That's ridiculously foolish.

Who woulda ever thought Jon Stewart was such a "the corona virus came from a lab in Wuhan China" conspiracy nut? :laughings:

Yo Mick I know you're just trying to bring a little levity to this boring thread......and it was funny...But because "the masses are asses" Just to be clear ....he's a comedian trying to get a laugh..sadly people will see and hear this and repeat it like it's factual when it's just bull shit he threw out for a comedy skit...The next day at work the sheeple say ..Did you know that lab in China where they think the virus was developed is called the Wuhan Novel Respiratory Coronavirus Lab? Gee I wonder if they made the virus? LOL ...... You're kidding me? No way? Yep no frickin way but Jon Stewart just told the world that is the case...and the bull shit just keeps on piling up....To be clear.....No the lab being investigated is not called that...

here's a link to some real facts on the China lab situation and why it is INCREDIBLY UNLIKELY it was developed in a lab anywhere.

d41586-021-01529-3_19239608.jpg

Don't get me started...

I'll get the "vaccine" if, when, or never and I don't need to explain my decision one way or the other. My decision. I could infect/kill other people if I don't get the vaccine? I could infect/kill other people if I get the vaccine. So fuck you. How many people have killed other humans through abortion? My body, my choice. Suck it.

John Stewart: Years ago back when Stewart hosted The Daily Show, there was a poll taken as to where people get their news to stay informed. A significantly large majority of a certain demographic received their dose of the daily news from Stewart and the Daily Show. That's where they got their news, from a comedy show laced with "news", or a "news" show laced with comedy. There was(or should have been) no confusion that both the news and comedy took a left slant. However where the news started and the comedy ended I suspect went right over some viewers heads. He was using exaggeration otherwise known as comedic license when he said the lab was named the "Wuhan Novel Respiratory Coronavirus Lab". Do they have a virology lab in Wuhan? Why, yes, yes they do. Do they study corona viruses and do gain of function experiments on corona viruses there at the Wuhan Institute of Virology in Wuhan China? Why, yes. yes they do. Colbert counters with all seriousness, "corona viruses come from bats, so maybe they have a lab to study corona viruses there because they have a lot of bats in Wuhan." WRONG. Colbert, what a fool, how ignorant and uninformed. He doesn't want to know the truth, wherever it leads, but to just follow the official narrative. The bat corona viruses originate in bats in a different province in China.....some 1000 miles away, well outside of the bat flight patterns and ability to travel. The only reason those bats and corona viruses are in Wuhan is because they have been collected in a province a 1000 miles away and brought to Wuhan, to a lab called The Wuhan Institute of Virology. A lab that studies corona viruses in the city where this virus originated. But, but he mislabeled the name of the lab! Get real.

Your link? Tae, exercise a healthy amount of skepticism. That link is shit. "Most" and "many" laced inconsistently throughout, at times simply saying "scientists". How exactly are they quantifying these things, "most", "many", or simply "scientists"? The link even gives voice to Communist China's bullshit that the virus originated outside of China. It states repeatedly that the virus originating from a lab cannot be ruled out, but let's just ignore that and say its "incredibly unlikely!". Link says, "Most scientists say SARS-CoV-2 probably has a natural origin", doesn't exactly tip the 'incredibly unlikely" scale to rule out a lab origin, does it? I mean, for me, yeah, it doesn't. But I guess for you probably = extremely unlikely, yeah? Everybody has their own perspective and opinion, yeah?"

Most, many, whatever the fuck have ya agree that information provided by the virology lab in Communist China doesn't prove evidence of the existence of a virus being studied in the lab in Wuhan is this pandemic virus? In the limited effort and information revealed by China to determine the origin of the virus.....they provided a list of the viruses they were studying and, who'd have thought, this pandemic virus is not on there. Most, many, whatever the fuck have ya with any head on their shoulders or healthy amount of skepticism would agree that a lab with ties to Communist China's military and official statements provided by the CCP cannot be trusted.

The virus was engineered in the WIV, in Wuhan, China. It was either accidentally or deliberately released from the lab. It is my opinion that the virus was engineered (with might I add the assist of US taxpayer funding) by scientists at the WIV, and released and weaponized by order of China's PLA. Unfortunately, it was a test run, and we have failed that test miserably.

Have you been paying attention? You should. Although it is constantly being censored and/or deleted by treasonous big tech and the media, and/or treasonous within our own government,.......but seek and you shall find. Documents reveal The communist China PLA has sought to develop BIO weapons to target genetic differences in humans. I'm not doing anyone's homework for you. If you care to know do due diligence. Doubtful. It is also my opinion that many people don't want to know because they will lose their gravy train or precious Made In China. Fucking sell outs. It's fucking treason to your country as well as mankind to turn a blind eye to the coming red tide of the evil CCP.

China has released through one of their propaganda wings threats to nuke Japan if Japan interferes in China's "liberation" of Taiwan.

Incidentally, Taiwan produces, what, about 70% of the world's semiconductors?

Tell me again about the altruistic ambitions of the CCP.

I considered re-writing and tempering this post. But, yeah, i'm frustrated and mad as hell over the excuses to defend fucking China, and that so many seemingly don't take this shit serious enough to take a stand against evil that seeks your subjugation and/or destruction.

------------------------------------------------------------

Hahaha, all of the above is merely satire. Get it? John Stewart and I are fixin' to take this shitshow on the road.

*spit*

Last edited:
Speaking of.....

John Stewart said the name of the Wuhan Institute of Virology wrong. He said it was the "Wuhan Novel Respiratory Coronavirus Lab". Isn't that "Fake News"? Why hasn't this misinformation and fake news been censored or removed from Youtube? Maybe the fuck stick fanboys(and gals, or xshes, or whatever asinine pronoun they prefer to call themselves) who got their totally accurate news from John Stewart and The Daily Show are now those who pull the delete for violating terms of service at the Youtube, and have determined their boy John Stewart can't be held to a standard of providing accurate information because it's just comedy. He's so funny!....that John Stewart.

Me and John Stewart, coming to a shit show near you. It's gonna be great.

*spit*

The vaccines massively reduce your chances of catching COVID, spreading COVID, being hospitalized, and dying. If you won't get vaccinated for yourself, do it for your loved ones and the vulnerable people around you.

Last edited:
The vaccines massively reduce your chances of catching COVID, being hospitalized, and dying. If you won't get vaccinated for yourself, do it for your loved ones and the vulnerable people around you.

In the short term? What of the long term? To be clear, I am not suggesting that anyone should not take the "vaccine", that is a choice everyone should choose for themselves.

Do me a favor....although we disagree on a lot of things, and in my opinion you are misguided on many issues, I recognize you are not a dumb guy. Do me a favor, if you will. Watch this vid and relate what you think.

From what I gather from the vid: The guy is saying the vaccinated become "incubators" for variants. Although certainly not perfect, our natural immune system did a fairly good job fighting this covid thing. In the vaccinated the virus learns a go around for our natural immunity response, and thus with the variants....in the long run....our natural immunity response then becomes a non-player. In the long term it will (could?) make things worse.

I don't know who this guy is, so can't vouch for his expertise. Just curious what you think. I hope he is wrong(!).

I have a heart condition and have been holding off on the vaccines due to possible side effects like heart inflammation and blood clots. I was kinda hoping they would continue to refine these vaccines but I don't believe they're worried about these "rarely seen" side effects. I've been worried, though.

I've also been hoping the oral vaccine would be available this year sometime but that's still in the testing stages.

So.. now with the Delta beginning to rage, and it's mutation Delta+, both being increasingly more contagious.. I have relented. I'm getting my first Moderna dose tomorrow. I have reasoned that should I suffer a side effect, it will be easier to treat than a full-blown case of Covid in an unvaccinated stage. The lesser of two evils, if you will.

I will continue to mask up and wear the occasional surgical gloves to ward off any possible transmission to me or by me ( I double mask and wear gloves when I visit my doctor).

Where do people get these statistics? Just curious. How do we know a vaccine that's been available for less than a year massively reduces the chance of getting the virus? Where are the studies, and what major medical research team conducted them? I'd like to read them. Obviously scientific method is not being applied here.
What I'm certain of: The manufacturers of the vaccines are not being held accountable for adverse effects from the vaccines. Until they are, it is not for me. Early polio vaccine had more problems than solutions. Same with smallpox vaccine. I'll wait.
Not scientific by any means, but I've noticed a pattern with this virus. It attacks certain DNA types at different rates and severities. No one in my extended family (either mother's or father's side) has even so much as contracted the virus. I know several others that can say the same. Some friends of mine at church have had 10+ family members that have... May mean nothing, may be something to look into. Dunno.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back