I've had it with humanity.

notCardio

I walk the line
Elon Musk and Neil deGrasse Tyson, among others, agree that if we are going to survive as a species, we ultimately need to become an interplanetary species.

I personally don't know that we deserve to survive as a species.

I think nature, or God if you prefer, should consider Homo Sapiens a failed experiment, and call it before we take out too many more other species.

Let's see who comes up through the ranks to take over.

I fail to see what is so appealing about far off rocky and dusty wastelands.

I quote from an old film about pollution.........."Man stepped foot on the moon, but didn't bother to clean up his own back yard".

Maybe the clever Elon should spend his time trying to improve and repair what we already have?

I have no great problem with humanity as such. Most people are reasonable human beings. I do have a problem with those who feel the need to control others, i.e. their resources, their actions, and their capacity to operate as independent responsible agents. I have a problem with people who think that their personal aggrandisement, or the state, is more important than the citizen.

I don't see how "deserve to survive as a species" applies. Who's the judge? Nature doesn't do any considering. It does apply a selection process, but it's not any more deliberate than a coin sorter. A species is only a failure when it goes extinct.

Humans are the consequence of a process that's been going on for billions of years. We're a lot more under the influence of that legacy than we like to think. Anything that replaces us will have pretty much that same legacy. They won't really be any better than us.

and call it before we take out too many more other species.

Let's see who comes up through the ranks to take over.
Crows associate things with specific sound. True communication.
Dolphins too.
Sharks are immune to cancer.
Cuddle fish can mimic complex pattern designs.

Humans have opposable thumbs. What if that is why we keep failing. Those damn opposable thumbs .

Last edited:
Crows associate things with specific sound. True communication. But they can't count.
Dolphins too. Strange how they do not warn each other not to go near Japan.
Sharks are immune to cancer. But not oil and all the other muck we pump into the sea.
Cuddle fish can mimic complex pattern designs. Psychedelic sand and seaweed is a great idea.

Humans have opposable thumbs. What if that is why we keep failing. Those damn opposable thumbs . 👍👎

1 2 3 4 , I declare a thumb war
vector-drawing-thumb-warthumb-war-260nw-141739597.jpg

Reduce the number of opposed thumbs...Save the world.

What is up with Musk? Is he the great man they advertise?

It looks to me he did not design those electric cars. He did not design those rockets. Those are someone else's dreams. Either of us could be smarter or more capable than he is.

He is the bag man. The hook up. A money man. Bullshit.

See Billionaires aren't supposed to exist. The money always comes from an exploitation in an area of business where technology developed faster than governing laws. So he could do things that were virtually illegal, but not illegal yet. Now you cannot do them.

I like Musk, but he is shady hiring Amber Herd as a prostitute, while she was married to Johnny Depp.

Neil, is a space cadet. He is associated with schools and education. Do some science, man.

Humans are the consequence of a process that's been going on for billions of years. We're a lot more under the influence of that legacy than we like to think. Anything that replaces us will have pretty much that same legacy. They won't really be any better than us.
Well, they won't have OUR legacy. And not only do they not necessarily need to be any better than us, they don't really need to be any better than they already are.

They eat, sleep, play, mate, raise their young, and eventually die. They have no need to screw up the environment and kill off everything else.

I fail to see what is so appealing about far off rocky and dusty wastelands.

I quote from an old film about pollution.........."Man stepped foot on the moon, but didn't bother to clean up his own back yard".

Maybe the clever Elon should spend his time trying to improve and repair what we already have?
It's not so much 'appealing' as an eventual necessity. And we're talking in the extreme long run, by which we may have already evolved into another species entirely.

But even if we do something about population (unlikely), the Earth ultimately still has a finite amount of resources, not to mention that our sun will eventually go nova and consume the Earth before burning out, so we need to be gone by then.

Well, they won't have OUR legacy. And not only do they not necessarily need to be any better than us, they don't really need to be any better than they already are.

They eat, sleep, play, mate, raise their young, and eventually die. They have no need to screw up the environment and kill off everything else.
The fact that there's enough oxygen to sustain the kinds of life we're familiar with is due to photosynthesizing microbes becoming so successful that they almost poisoned themselves out of existence. We owe our existence to their destruction of their environment. Either we'll figure out how to get into balance and survive a bit longer or we'll alter the environment more than we can adapt to, or an asteroid will strike and make it all moot.

Back