What's goin' on with everybody

I just got a ticket for an illegal U turn. Damn.
Last year, my wife was pulled over for not coming to a full stop at a right-turn-on-red. She asked the cop, "What, I didn't count to 3 Mississippi?"
That was worth the $200 ticket.
:laughings:

Last year, my wife was pulled over for not coming to a full stop at a right-turn-on-red. She asked the cop, "What, I didn't count to 3 Mississippi?"
That was worth the $200 ticket.
:laughings:
Wow. That’s ridiculous of the cop. Just wanting to make money I would surmise.

Just got back from oral surgery. A wisdom tooth on the lower jaw was touching ("communicating with" as they call it) a back tooth. It caused some bone loss and an infection. So.....the back tooth was taken out.....but....the wisdom tooth was sideways. The top of the wisdom tooth was facing the back tooth that was removed. They couldn't take out this wisdom tooth because it was too near the nerve and might damage the nerve if removed........causing loss of feeling in the lower jaw. So....they cut down the side of the wisdom tooth to stay under the gum. I have a giant hole in my gum. I think I can see china.

Aren't you glad you asked?

I'm feeling pretty good now. Was in the middle of working on a project and got TWO spam phone calls. The first was a robot, so I hung up. The second was a lady trying to sell time share crap. She asked how I was doing, and I said "I'm F****g pissed off, because I'm trying to work here and you're interrupting me by calling!" and slammed down the phone.

Ah... stress relief is a good thing.

I'm feeling pretty good now. Was in the middle of working on a project and got TWO spam phone calls. The first was a robot, so I hung up. The second was a lady trying to sell time share crap. She asked how I was doing, and I said "I'm F****g pissed off, because I'm trying to work here and you're interrupting me by calling!" and slammed down the phone.

Ah... stress relief is a good thing.
next time you get a robocall....answer and say "FBI, how may I direct your call".

I like coming by every day, but My life is so simple now, I'm down to going in my studio every day, while the wife is still "workin" on her kitchen rehab, which as you know has that snowball effect, every little thing she plans goes on and on. But I did get me a new set of bookshelf speakers that is making my studio time really enjoyable. Hoot.

Attachments

• 20200711_140900.jpg
    20200711_140900.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 3
To the dismay of people here, I’ve gotten my second vaccine. Though it seems like we’re pushing out enough doses that anyone can get them now.

To the dismay of people here, I’ve gotten my second vaccine. Though it seems like we’re pushing out enough doses that anyone can get them now.
Just drove our daughter to get her 2nd earlier today. I was in the 1b group here so been a bit over a month since my 2nd shot and the wife 1a (nurse, now just retired) so a day short of 2 months since her 2nd. The radio reception is pretty good - I can even get The Grand Old Opry on Saturdays! ;)

I got my second shot yesterday. Took my sister along so she didn't have to drive. The arm was a bit sore, but I haven't had any issue. It was never a question of "if", it was just a question of "when". Getting appointments was a joke. As a buddy of mine said, it was a fuster cluck!

Next issue is to get my "Real ID" so I don't need my passport to walk into a federal building or to fly somewhere.

We have our 2nd vac.+3 weeks, and had a hug fest with our oldest son and grandkids this past week-end and have gone out to eat like 3 times, feels just great.

Dan

Next issue is to get my "Real ID" so I don't need my passport to walk into a federal building or to fly somewhere.
Isn't that precious? All of us will be given a "Real ID" card?
Really?
I'm 71 years old. Without fail, I have received a monthly deposit from Social Security into my checking account for the past six years.
I had my drivers license renewed last year here in Connecticut.
A "Real ID card" reeks of the mindset that was prevalent in Europe during and prior to WWII.
The governments of every European country, then, controlled the movements of everyone to and from other countries in Europe, if they had proper ID and travel papers.
That was then. This is now.
"Real ID"?
It wouldn't surprise me at all that a "Real ID" will become eventually need be shown before you travel across State lines here in America.
I hope I am wrong with my assessment.

The issue here is that all our drivers licenses have been issued at the county clerk level, with minimal identification verification. Its now moving to the state level, which meets the Homeland Security requirements for boarding planes, etc. I could use a passport, but it's just one more thing you have to keep track of while you're going through airports. The state has been working on this project for something like 3 years, and it's still a total mess. You gotta love governmental efficiency!

Besides, my drivers license it due for renewal this year anyway, so I might as well solve two problems at once.

So far, nobody has contemplated putting gun turrets and guard stations on the bridges, they just put up cameras so they can charge you $$ to go across each time. No toll booths or traffic tie-ups like you would see on the old roads.

Last edited:
I got the vaccination in the first phase. The company I work for started a couple different remodel projects in a local hospital around this time last year so I've spent the last year roaming around the hospital doing construction. They decided that it was in everyones best interest for the construction workers to get vaccinated along with all of the nurses and doctors. Having been vaccinated didnt really change anything for me though, still have to wear a mask everywhere. Even though i won't (or shouldnt) get sick doesnt mean I cant pass it on to someone else who is more susceptible. oh well.

I decided I wanted to redo my kids' room to kind of spruce it up for them a bit with new furniture and paint. well one thing led to another and now this little project has turned into a whole house project. I'm tired fellas. I haven't even picked a guitar up in what feels like months. It will be nice when its done but holy sh*t it's a whole lot more time, money, and effort than what I was prepared for. I'll be happy if I never have to put together another piece of furniture in my life :laughings:

Anywho, I hope you all are doing well. I gotta try to make more time to stop in here

Spent the day reviewing busses, groups, parallel processing, gain staging and automating FX parameters.

I don't use these every day and frequently forget how to set things up, so cramming this stuff helps the retention just a little.

Getting prepped for a small outdoor gig on Saturday. It's an acoustic trio with jazz and folk elements. I'll be providing the PA and streaming it. Most likely it's going to be a single camera unless I get the PA set up in record time. I'll be using a small digital mixer, and I just picked up a used iPad so I can mix remotely.

Getting prepped for a small outdoor gig on Saturday. It's an acoustic trio with jazz and folk elements. I'll be providing the PA and streaming it. Most likely it's going to be a single camera unless I get the PA set up in record time. I'll be using a small digital mixer, and I just picked up a used iPad so I can mix remotely.
Not going to lie, I didnt even know digital mixers that could be controlled with phone and tablet existed. thats pretty cool. Maybe I should look for a mixer that can double as an audio interface and control surface

In a severe thunderstorm for the past 3 hours. Wind gusting like a mofo and slamming the rain against my windows so hard I can't make good use of my closed headphones. The rain against the windows really isn't that loud, but when my phones are on it's amplified and reverberates terribly. I've got no mics or instruments on - it's just plowing straight into the cups.

Not going to lie, I didnt even know digital mixers that could be controlled with phone and tablet existed. thats pretty cool. Maybe I should look for a mixer that can double as an audio interface and control surface
It worked really well. I set up the mixer next to stage, so no snake was needed and no space was taken up in the audience area. But I could still go out and listen to the PA while mixing on the tablet. I also set up the monitor mix while standing on stage where I could hear it directly. And it still had an 83% charge after 2.5 hours of mixing.

Reactions: dtb
Back