My Corona

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with you that even though it has gotten sideways a few times this thread has been a good one. It surely isn't because we are better than other places. We have some very actively participating moderators who do their best to let things go on their own but are quick to jump in if they see things getting to weird or insulting. They have had to do some trimming in this thread and warn a few members but that's their job and my hats off to them for their generous volunteer work.

Like IBB says don't take anything in this thread or anywhere else as gospel. Do your own due diligence and make the best informed decision you can make. There is a ton of bad information out there and it is not easy to always get to the real truth.

Maybe I missed it, but I didn't see any "warnings" from the mods. I did see some friendly reminders, including "this isn't the cave" and "don't make things personal." Good advice and guidance, both. Reasonable people can disagree without making it personal and turning things into a shit show. Rabid partisanship notwithstanding.

...someone who is way smarter than you...

You know what I heard? I heard all the smart people are saying The Republican Party and Republicans in general have been taken over by that Qanon thing, whatever that Qanon thing is. Is that true?

I don't know, I have a feeling Democrats know more about Qanon than Republicans know about Qanon. Oh well, I guess maybe that's because Democrats are listening to all the smart people. I'm sure it wouldn't have anything to do with control to support a suited agenda.

I didn't see any "warnings" from the mods.

We don't see warnings, they are privately sent to the offender who then either takes heed, or not...in which case that offender gets the temporary ban. If the offender after multiple temp bans continues on in what is deemed inappropriate then it is cya- bye-bye permanently...The PERMANENT BAN :eek: It may have been another thread but pretty sure it was in this one that one of our buddies got the temp ban and though the ban has been lifted has not returned. Also wasn't it this thread that was locked for a day or so for "trimming"?

After they closed the door to the Dragon Cave they put some hard core restrictions on Prime Time but lightened up shortly thereafter giving us a chance to discuss hot topics as long as we all were relatively civil and respectful... It has gone surprisingly well so I gotta take my hat off to them for doing what they do behind the scenes.. Like a duck...calm and serene on top and paddling like hell down below...

These statements are not contradictory.

Fauci is a smart guy who has stepped in shit with his words more than once. Shit happens, things change. When they say Doctors are practicing medicine they are not kidding.

Back in March though any doctor who graduated in the bottom half of his class would know it was inaccurate advise, he went along with the WHO on the EVIL LIE that if you don't have the virus or are not a front line health care worker you don't need a mask. Someone / some people way at the top of the WHO and CDC knew that there would be a shortage of mask and chose to set the lie in place to slow the mask buying panic..and the lie trickled down and sadly set in place a perception that to this day people are still perpetrating as a fact ..that mask REALLY are useless and we don't need them...

Trust that you can't trust Fauci though most everything he says is true and accurate...when the rubber meets the road and he needs to "lead the way" he will lie when necessary "for the greater good"...The masses are asses and they will follow. with no regrets....

LIar!.JPG

For this little bit of disinformation below, that boy needs to be beaten with a rake, horse whipped, tar'd n feathered and then be beaten with a rake one more time.. Dude absolutely knew he was lying through his teeth while smiling the whole time...making it seem like you're an idiot if you think a mask is going to help...

Last edited:
You're wasting your time, ibb won't see it. It's like a religion of worship, the church of the democrat party, and in their book fauci can do no wrong.

You see "fact checkers" agree, Fauci told no lie. The CDC had not yet told him that masks among the general public would be a good idea in stopping/slowing the spread of a deadly virus. How the hell was Fauci supposed to know? It's not like he is an expert of many years in the field of infectious diseases. Well, he is, but he can't go off being all expertizee on his own when lives are at stake. Well, I guess he could have, and if people had started wearing masks sooner it may have slowed the spread and fewer people may have died and we in this nation would be in a better place and people wouldn't have lost confidence in his expertise when at a later date he seemed to contradict earlier statements and said we should wear masks to slow/stop the spread or many more people would die. But that's all silliness and we really need to move forward and put it behind us, because context, and reasons.

The important thing to remember moving forward, "wearing 2 masks is just common sense." Dr Fauci said so, and he's an expert. And experts never lie. Or to paraphrase Tony Montana, "Experts always tell the truth, even when they lie." Too bad his expertise or possibly even common sense didn't kick in to influence his conscience to alert people that wearing masks would save lives. Then again, at the risk of possibly being overly critical of the guy, he doesn't strike me as the type to be exceedingly burdened by conscience. The appearance of caring is most important, typical of a high priest in the temple of the Democrat party.

220px-Earwig_on_white_background.jpg
Earwig.
Earwig.

'Ere we go again.... :D

220px-Earwig_on_white_background.jpg
Earwig.
Earwig.

'Ere we go again.... :D

Interesting ..you know the twilight zone episode where the earwig crawls in your ear and lays its eggs :eek:

Words spoken from lying, cheating, double crossing ( well intended ) social leaders like earwigs go inside your head and lay eggs that propagate the lie..

He knew very well how the virus was transmitted and yet smugly had the audacity and unmitigated gall to sit there with his shit eating smiling face literally laughing away the idea that a mask might help. Don't kill the messenger they say...I know he was told this is what he must go out and say...but he had the chance to say no...I can't it's bullshit. He didn't and as a person in his position of authority and respect really should be investigated and then prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law to the same lengths they wasted investigating the Donald...He'd end up in jail. He played a huge part in the USA's "FAIL" in handling and control of this cluster fuck we are now in..

We're #1! , We're #1! we are a hot mess.

The dude really disgust me if you didn't catch my drift :laughings:

So here's the thing - after you get vaccinated you still have to wear a mask, social distance, avoid travel and quarantine. What's the point of the vaccination? Why fuckin bother running the risk of side effects? Immunity? If you are immune can't you eliminate all the other bullshit?

So only what you believe is correct and everybody else is wrong?

I trust experts in their realms of expertise.

Dr. Fauci is an expert in infectious disease. He's not omnipotent, and the science is always subject to change. You have to allow for some humanity. Let's say his opinion on AIDS evolved over time in the early 1980s as the science was still making discoveries. So what?

His opinions on masks also evolved during the early stages of coronavirus. Again - so what? The best available evidence can change over time. Real scientists change with it. Anything else would be junk science.

There are clearly outside interests seeking to slander him for political or monetary reasons. I do not trust those people.

Trump supporters slandered Fauci because Fauci's recommendations weren't all in line with Trump's politics. I definitely don't trust those people. Nor should anyone.

Fauci is a smart guy who has stepped in shit with his words more than once.

No, he definitely did not. But he's been slandered for political reasons. Unfortunately you've been manipulated into thinking he goes along with "evil lies." Ugh.

Your beef is with science in general, not Fauci.

So here's the thing - after you get vaccinated you still have to wear a mask, social distance, avoid travel and quarantine. What's the point of the vaccination? Why fuckin bother running the risk of side effects? Immunity? If you are immune can't you eliminate all the other bullshit?

It's a fair question.

My wife asked that same thing to our Doctor. He said it was advice given in an abundance of caution, and for a lot of reasons.

1) Vaccine is only 90-95% effective. So you still have a reduced chance of spreading (this risk goes down drastically as more of us get the vaccine).

2) People are going to lie about having been vaccinated.

3) People are going to feel invincible when they're still partially vulnerable. Doctors don't want people going wild before we, as a country, are in the clear.

4) How long the vaccines remain effective is still TBD.

5) Whether or not the virus will mutate to resist the vaccine is TBD.

5b) The more the virus spreads, the more opportunity it has to mutate. Keeping virus spread to a minimum as the vaccine proliferates is key to reducing mutations.

I trust experts in their realms of expertise.

Dr. Fauci is an expert in infectious disease. He's not omnipotent, and the science is always subject to change. You have to allow for some humanity. Let's say his opinion on AIDS evolved over time in the early 1980s as the science was still making discoveries. So what?

His opinions on masks also evolved during the early stages of coronavirus. Again - so what? The best available evidence can change over time. Real scientists change with it. Anything else would be junk science.

There are clearly outside interests seeking to slander him for political or monetary reasons. I do not trust those people.

Trump supporters slandered Fauci because Fauci's recommendations weren't all in line with Trump's politics. I definitely don't trust those people. Nor should anyone.

Yeah, let's say his opinion on AIDS evolved. The so what is that his opinion on AIDS apparently evolved over a matter of 5 weeks, essentially characterizing his previous opinion as "preposterous", just crazy talk. It parallels with now saying wearing 2 masks is just "common sense" contradicting his previous professional opinion based on expertise that there is "no reason" for people to wear a mask, wearing a mask was just crazy talk. With the former, I suppose he lightened the panic pron rhetoric out of a sense of humanity for "the poor gays". The latter example of contradiction, no doubt the "humanity" angle is a bit more complex.

Who are these "clearly outside interests seeking to slander him for political or monetary reasons." Care to clarify? I mean, you know, just in case it is not so clear to everyone. I've heard that Fauci is the highest paid government employee. I haven't looked it up to verify, is that true? Nice. It would be a shame if he allowed his professional opinion to be swayed in any way by political interests or else he could risk losing that sweet highest paid government employee gig. Nah, couldn't happen, he's a top notch not to be questioned professional, allowing for humanity, of course. Outside interests foiled, he continues his sweet gig on into the Biden admin, expressing relief to be out from under the Trump admin thumb and finally free to go on the Rachel Maddow show. Good for him, highest paid govt employee and by golly a genuine celebrity. I didn't see his appearance on the Maddow show. Any word on whether she asked his favorite flavor ice cream?

Since the change of administrations, Fauci has intimated if not out right said he could not fully express himself under the Trump administration. Shame, innit, a professional such as Fauci altering what he will and will not say based on political pressure. I think we can all agree that truth and trust is of utmost importance, for humanity's sake.

No, he definitely did not. But he's been slandered for political reasons. Unfortunately you've been manipulated into thinking he goes along with "evil lies." Ugh.

Your beef is with science in general, not Fauci.

The acronym for DENIAL

Don't Even Notice It's A Lie

Science is why he is a liar...he knew better, CHINA knew better for fucks sake!

Trust him as far as I could throw him..

Hey Lou, how's it going man

Read ibb's answer to your question, sounds all reasonable, yeah? Then ask yourself until when will the government loosen its grip on the populace. I think most of us here have been around long enough to know the government does not surrender power back to the people once gained. There is already talk/panicpron/rumor brewing about "the next pandemic". Some talking heads "reporting" it's "the new normal".

Not to worry. The Democrats are proposing a $300 monthly per child payment, a basic income for all, government healthcare, student debt forgiveness, etc etc. Hell, I reckon a lot of us won't have to work, they'll just tax the suckers who do and "borrow" the rest needed to pay for it all. We can just kick back at home and enjoy life until the government check arrives each month. Of course with all this Green New Deal business gutting the energy sector we'll bide our time at home because our allotment doesn't afford us the ability to go anywhere, between melting and nearly freezing to death. It'll be awesome, though, a life full of no obligation or purpose, other than waiting for that monthly pittance. Should work out fine, look to public housing communities as an example. One thing is for sure, we'll forever vote for Democrats come election time, them damn Republicans might take away that much needed monthly payment.

You still in the home heating oil business?

Hey Lou, how's it going man

Read ibb's answer to your question, sounds all reasonable, yeah? Then ask yourself until when will the government loosen its grip on the populace. I think most of us here have been around long enough to know the government does not surrender power back to the people once gained. There is already talk/panicpron/rumor brewing about "the next pandemic". Some talking heads "reporting" it's "the new normal".

Not to worry. The Democrats are proposing a $300 monthly per child payment, a basic income for all, government healthcare, student debt forgiveness, etc etc. Hell, I reckon a lot of us won't have to work, they'll just tax the suckers who do and "borrow" the rest needed to pay for it all. We can just kick back at home and enjoy life until the government check arrives each month. Of course with all this Green New Deal business gutting the energy sector we'll bide our time at home because our allotment doesn't afford us the ability to go anywhere, between melting and nearly freezing to death. It'll be awesome, though, a life full of no obligation or purpose, other than waiting for that monthly pittance. Should work out fine, look to public housing communities as an example. One thing is for sure, we'll forever vote for Democrats come election time, them damn Republicans might take away that much needed monthly payment.

You still in the home heating oil business?

Goddamn man! Good memory. Yes I'm is. Peddlin' heating oil as best I can in these changed climate times. Still carrying 100 grand or so in parent debt for my former student children too. See my conflict here? lol Good to type at ya.

Since the change of administrations, Fauci has intimated if not out right said he could not fully express himself under the Trump administration. Shame, innit, a professional such as Fauci altering what he will and will not say based on political pressure. I think we can all agree that truth and trust is of utmost importance, for humanity's sake.

Again, you have a comprehension problem.

Fauci has a boss (director of NIH), and a boss's boss (Secretary of HHS), and a boss's boss's boss (POTUS). By law, he has to follow their orders - and that purview includes all public statements made as a representative of the Federal Government. Every administration installs public relations appointees near the top of every agency. The politicians - by authority of the United States constitution - have control over public messaging.

That is not political pressure. That is Fauci's defined role in the Federal Government as head of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Disease.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back