The oceans are sinking!

Mick Doobie

Resist We Much
Which explains why globing warming isn't making sea levels rise as predicted. It all makes sense, sorta.

Wai....did I say global warming? I meant climate change. That's why it's so damn cold outside, too.

Researchers used a mathematical equation known as the elastic sea level equation to more accurately measure the ocean floor. They call elastic, 'cause, you know, it's elastic and shit. So that is how they know, the sea levels are rising and the ocean is sinking, all at the same time, all caused by global warming climate change. Whoa, that's heavy..

The Ocean Floor Is Sinking Under The Water Weight From Melting Glaciers, And It’s As Bad As It Sounds

Oh my! What are we going to do?

We're all gonna die!!!

Oh, wait..........that's gonna happen anyway.

Never mind

How are you folks in the great white north (Canadia) fairing? Cold up there, innit?

I understand, given all this global warming climate change, your government has hit you guys with a slew of new energy, fuel, and carbon taxes, yeah? Must be getting expensive to get around and stay warm in these historic cold temperatures? Increase(s) in energy and fuel costs have a domino effect, the price of virtually everything goes up. A little more expensive to put food on the table these days?

I don't know much about it, but some say we are currently in a spell of what they call some sort of "solar minimum", which results in cooler temperatures, and could take a decade or more to return to normal solar activity.

Crazy. We're experiencing global warming, but it's getting colder. The sea levels are rising, but the oceans are sinking. What can you do, other than grit your chattering teeth and empty your wallet to survive it all. Just don't get in the habit of complaining, or questioning. Your betters, the powers that be, they've probably already been in the process of writing a yet to be legislated law agin it.

Wish you well. Not trying to rub it in. Elections do have consequences.

Apparently, or maybe the weight of the melting has dispersed to a wider area, over the 70% of the earth that is covered in water. But isn't Antarctica growing? Anyway. Given the melting, does that mean the land mass formally covered in the now melting glaciers, relieved of the tremendous the weight, will it now rise?

I'm definitely not a scientist, but i'm assuming with these elastic mathematics they're using, they'll figure out a way to convince us all of the need to contribute monetarily to stop the heat, the cold, the melting, the freezing, the sinking, the rising. They'll tell us what we must do. And we must.

I have an idea, though admittedly not an original thought.

If everyone could somehow manage to keep the "you" thing to a minimum, it might give the impression that we are actually addressing the subject of the thread rather than taking shots at individuals. By taking shots, I mean making it personal. I hear the mods around here frown on potentially controversial subjects devolving into personal insults. Thus far every one has managed to stay on topic, mostly. Besides, often a turn to personal insults can be suggestive that you're trying to avoid the subject, you have fuck all else to offer, or you're simply going out of your way to be a dick. When I say you, I mean you in a generic type way, of course.

I have an idea, though admittedly not an original thought.

If everyone could somehow manage to keep the "you" thing to a minimum, it might give the impression that we are actually addressing the subject of the thread rather than taking shots at individuals. By taking shots, I mean making it personal. I hear the mods around here frown on potentially controversial subjects devolving into personal insults. Thus far every one has managed to stay on topic, mostly. Besides, often a turn to personal insults can be suggestive that you're trying to avoid the subject, you have fuck all else to offer, or you're simply going out of your way to be a dick. When I say you, I mean you in a generic type way, of course.

Post reported.

But the land is sinking too - do a little searching for 'flooding in Norfolk, Virginia' - every time there's an astronomical high tide and/or heavy rains they get flooded.

But the land is sinking too - do a little searching for 'flooding in Norfolk, Virginia' - every time there's an astronomical high tide and/or heavy rains they get flooded.

This stuff can be as weird as 'No the universe is not expanding.
Just the space is.

Some people will make a lot of money travelling the world talking about Climate change, ocean floors sinking, etc etc, remember the millennium bug, gee how much money did everyone make on that LOL

Alan.

Yeah, and they all fly around in private planes. I guess they're not too concerned about their own 'carbon footprint '

Reminds me of all those suggesting population reduction.
You first. Come on now, set a good example!
:D

Some people will make a lot of money travelling the world talking about Climate change, ocean floors sinking, etc etc, remember the millennium bug, gee how much money did everyone make on that LOL

Alan.

The millennium bug amounted to fuck all because it was prevented by large scale, coordinated action costing a shit load of money, time and effort - not because it was a hoax. It was fixed. You may have missed this subtle difference. Lots did.

Hottest day on record last Sunday over here. Hottest place on the planet on that day. It's "climate change" we're talking about - not "global warming".

The millennium bug amounted to fuck all because it was prevented by large scale, coordinated action costing a shit load of money, time and effort - not because it was a hoax. It was fixed. You may have missed this subtle difference. Lots did.

Me and a whole bunch of folks got paid a sh*t load in overtime at a data center that night -in case the fixes weren't.

Back