OK. This place is starting to scare me.

It's kinda nice to have a serious, civil discussion without the flaming that happened in the other forum.

It's probably just pent up desire to air these things out.

It's kinda nice to have a serious, civil discussion without the flaming that happened in the other forum.

It's probably just pent up desire to air these things out.

There's nothing further to discuss. You love Jesus and he loves you. End of story. Say goodnight Gracie!

Cheers! :)

The religious stuff in Jenni's place doesn't really scare me. But Im a little concerned with the Cave. I went by there just before Easter and there was a big rock that had been rolled in front of the entrance. I went back a week later and it had been moved. :eek:

The religious stuff in Jenni's place doesn't really scare me. But Im a little concerned with the Cave. I went by there just before Easter and there was a big rock that had been rolled in front of the entrance. I went back a week later and it had been moved. :eek:

I don't know what that means? :confused:

You'll have to draw me a picture! :D

Cheers! :)

This is what the Cave was like before a tiny minority of people decided anal amusements were the order of the day.

We used to have all kinds of great discussions about everything from philosophy to physics. It's great when you can relax without expecting someone to pop in over your shoulder and call you gay for thinking.

This is what the Cave was like before a tiny minority of people decided anal amusements were the order of the day.

We used to have all kinds of great discussions about everything from philosophy to physics. It's great when you can relax without expecting someone to pop in over your shoulder and call you gay for thinking.

That's acctually pretty gay.

:D:D:D:D

My real concern was that most religious threads traditionally turn into shit flinging festivals. The few supposedly nice threads here have already played host to a couple of anti-semitic comments and while I try my best to take them as light hearted, non serious jabs, in truth, they make me angry to the point of never wanting to come back here except for the fact that I've made some real friends here. Friends that I've gotten into my car and traveled hundreds of miles to see in person at Jamfest.

So what am I saying? I realize you can't tell people to not talk about religion. Hell, I started threads here about the afterlife myself...though they were not pimping any specific religious doctrine, they still ended up tuning into a religious thread, replete with anti-semitic comments. So for starting them, I can only really blame myself. :rolleyes:

I've started some religious threads too in the cave, and I think they stand on their own as a monument to how religion is a very divisive issue. The Cave only sped up that realization, where the cordiality slows it in this forum.
One question leads to another and soon enough you're debating the meaning of the word "is." I'd say read some old cave ones if you want to know the ending to the story already.

My real concern was that most religious threads traditionally turn into shit flinging festivals. The few supposedly nice threads here have already played host to a couple of anti-semitic comments and while I try my best to take them as light hearted, non serious jabs, in truth, they make me angry to the point of never wanting to come back here except for the fact that I've made some real friends here. Friends that I've gotten into my car and traveled hundreds of miles to see in person at Jamfest.

So what am I saying? I realize you can't tell people to not talk about religion. Hell, I started threads here about the afterlife myself...though they were not pimping any specific religious doctrine, they still ended up tuning into a religious thread, replete with anti-semitic comments. So for starting them, I can only really blame myself. :rolleyes:

It's teh avatar man....you're scaring the hell out of people, Phil....:p

Ha! You should try defending Christianity! The pooh flinging you get, oy!

Do you find that as a christian, you're often under attack? Or do you mean that strictly in places like the Cave? :confused:

I know there is often an attempt to portray a "War on Christianity" in the Conservative press. I also know that such values may appear to be held by a minority when set against the larger context of popular culture. On the other hand, most polling data suggests that a majority of Americans are Christian--at least when defined broadly by standard denominations like protestant and catholic.

If that’s not scary enough, I noticed over the years that God threads would start when someone was about to "Buy it." At least that's how things ended up. As crazy as it sounds the Cave may have been the last chance some have had to consider their spiritual options or hear the Gospel. No apologies from me for sounding off when the subject comes up. ;)

I took a lot of neg rep for it, but that didn't stop me then. It's nice to be able to discuss deeper issues of life without getting into a pissing match or rep war. As long as people are interested, I'm game. I don't think I've ever started a religious thread that I remember, but when they come up I might have something to say.

God might be real… what then? :cool:

Do you find that as a christian, you're often under attack? Or do you mean that strictly in places like the Cave? :confused:

I know there is often an attempt to portray a "War on Christianity" in the Conservative press. I also know that such values may appear to be held by a minority when set against the larger context of popular culture. On the other hand, most polling data suggests that a majority of Americans are Christian--at least when defined broadly by standard denominations like protestant and catholic.

In the Cave, for sure. In public it just doesn't come up much. There are some rather loud voices out there that sound like Christopher Hitchens.

There are some rather loud voices out there that sound like Christopher Hitchens.

It's strange because some number of people on the opposite side of the political and social coin feel that government and society at large are in danger of becoming dominated by the Christian right, evangelicals, and so-called "values voters." It's somewhat ironic that he people who are attacking you are doing so because they think you are in charge and you are defending yourself because of a perception that larger forces are targeting you. :cool:

It's strange because some number of people on the opposite side of the political and social coin feel that government and society at large are in danger of becoming dominated by the Christian right, evangelicals, and so-called "values voters." It's somewhat ironic that he people who are attacking you are doing so because they think you are in charge and you are defending yourself because of a perception that larger forces are targeting you. :cool:

Yeah, it's ironic. However, the internal threats to the culture are now eclipsed by the external threats. So the values voters will be more concerned with the WOT than the issues that had preoccupied them before.

Back