So this scam artist comes to my door...

wreckd504

to sell paintings by himself and his classmates from the

Bezalel Academy of Art and Design - Jerusalemhttp://www.bezalel.ac.il/sitee/home...t&cd=3&usg=AFQjCNGaMJd3eK9R2svGYOiEnBM2xDVnfw

Paitings looked pretty interesting, and I don't know why but i said i'd take one. He wanted 80 bucks, but i said i'd give him 20 and the rest tomorrow.

I was bored so I emailed their Arts departmentm

I probably should have known, but;

This is an absolute scam. These youngsters have absolutely nothing to do with the reputable Bezalel Academy and simply use our good name top sell their cheap reproductions. I suggest you report the incident to the local authorities. I am sorry you fell prey to their prank.

Liv

Ms. Liv Sperber
Director of International Affairs
Bezalel Academy of Arts and Design, Jerusalem

tel: +972 2 589 3304
fax: +972 2 589 3215
email: liv@bezalel.ac.il
www.bezalel.ac.il

This is the painting

painting.jpg

A friend I told then showed me this

http://newsmine.org/archive/9-11/questions/israelis/israeli-art-students.txt

So he's coming back to get his money tomorrow, trying to think of something funny to do.

You should give him some fake monopoly money for his fake paintings from a fake school. Are you going to keep the painting? It looks pretty nice.

Yea thats the crappy thing, i kinda like the painting, spoke with the cops who said he isn't breaking the law by misrepresenting himself, which seemed real weird

Was thinking about getting my friend to film the encounter [unknown to the scammer] and throw it up on youtube

thats a nice painting. regardless of what, 20 bucks is a great deal. when he comes to collect, tell him what you found out, threaten to call one time, and keep it!

He won't be coming back tomorrow or ever.

I say he got what he wanted.

He sold a painting for $20, and got in to check out your house.

I doubt he's even Israeli.

Probably an Arab terrorist.

You're lucky he wasn't a suicide bomber.

This is the part that worries me the most. It is quite possible he was casing your house. :eek:

It is a cool painting, though! I hope he doesn't steal it and resell it! :D

You can have some fun with him when he returns. Don't shave.Go to the recycling store or something and get a bunch of cardboard tubes, like toilet paper tubes. Answer the door with a bunch of toilet paper tubes painted black and red wrapped around your waist and with wires tucked into your belt. Be holding an electric alarm clock. Ask him what time it is and how do you set this damn thing anyway.

^^ HAHAHAHA thats what i'm talking about

He didn't come inside, and my dad works from home so our house is never quiet thank god. Funny when i rang the cops they said they'd had a few calls about him, and people were worried he was casing the place.

I was gonna get a friend to hide in a tree out the front dressed in black with a balaclava with a video camera and tell him my dads a fed and we are under mandatory surveilance, tell him not to reach inside his jacket etc

will put it up on youtube if it turns out funny enough

Or you can knock him out, shave him naked and let him wake up in the middle of the street...

Humm... I wonder if he will come back again after that.... :rolleyes:

Was a non event unfortunately, he didn't come until much later than I expected and by that stage I was at rehearsal and the balaclava clad black ops cameraman that was hiding in the tree out front needed to go and put his washing on and feed his cat.

Upon returning home however, I was greeted by an eager Yaniv (scammer) trying to coerce my dad to go to the ATM and pay him the remainder of the money.

I spoke with Yaniv for awhile and showed him the letter I had received from the Director of International Affairs at the Bezalel Academy of Arts and Design. He emphatically refuted her accusation he was a fraud, and kept to his story regardless of anything I said. Like Borat, but less funny.

His "teacher" then came over to tell me his student was mistaken and they actually went to a college in Tel Aviv, not Jerusalem. This went on for awhile back and forth, and then back again. Until, I think I must have driven them a bit mad, they told me to take my money because they don't need it as they make thousands a night selling paintings, and in four years hadn't had anyone say these things. Well then, next time don't intrigue me with your fanciful story.

Was a non event unfortunately, he didn't come until much later than I expected and by that stage I was at rehearsal and the balaclava clad black ops cameraman that was hiding in the tree out front needed to go and put his washing on and feed his cat.

Upon returning home however, I was greeted by an eager Yaniv (scammer) trying to coerce my dad to go to the ATM and pay him the remainder of the money.

I spoke with Yaniv for awhile and showed him the letter I had received from the Director of International Affairs at the Bezalel Academy of Arts and Design. He emphatically refuted her accusation he was a fraud, and kept to his story regardless of anything I said. Like Borat, but less funny.

His "teacher" then came over to tell me his student was mistaken and they actually went to a college in Tel Aviv, not Jerusalem. This went on for awhile back and forth, and then back again. Until, I think I must have driven them a bit mad, they told me to take my money because they don't need it as they make thousands a night selling paintings, and in four years hadn't had anyone say these things. Well then, next time don't intrigue me with your fanciful story.

This reminded me of a telemarketer that got so mad at me he threatened to hang up... I was like: uhm... GO RIGHT AHEAD!!!!! :p

Last edited:
So wreckd, did you get to keep the painting? I dig it, I would have paid 50 for it.

I am pretty sure it is an abstract version of Oak Alley, a plantation outside of New Orleans:

Attachments

• 1oakalley.jpg
    1oakalley.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 32
Back