If there is an afterlife

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sooner or later The Cave will eventually die on its own due to lack of interest or at Dragon's hand.

I like Jenni's place.

We can be ourselves without fear of retribution.

What will you do for an eternity after your mortal life ends?

Wouldn't it get pretty boring, hanging around on a cloud for time without end?

Would you need to take up new hobbies?

Would you go around haunting people?

Eternity is a really long, stinkin' time! :eek:

Cheers! :)

Being dead is like sleeping. But every now and then you wake up and realize you exist and then you reach for the remote control and change the channel.

The article stated that all animal had no weight loss at death and therefore, no soul.

Sorry, man. :o

If you read all the original stuff, you find out that the original research (100 years old this year!) was totally inconclusive even as to humans.

I don't see how the ineffable consciousness that we call "the soul" has to weigh anything, since it's not matter, it's energy.

If you read all the original stuff, you find out that the original research (100 years old this year!) was totally inconclusive even as to humans.

I don't see how the ineffable consciousness that we call "the soul" has to weigh anything, since it's not matter, it's energy.

Actually according to physics energy and mass are interchangeable... Remember E=mc^2 ?

Well, hopefully this thread will help a few people out there gain a bit of clarity and hope...that's all I really wanted to do by starting this thread. :)

Yeah, I hope so too... Only probably what would happen is people will continue to ignore their consciousness and pretend there is no life after death.............:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Being dead is like sleeping. But every now and then you wake up and realize you exist and then you reach for the remote control and change the channel.

Have you been dead before??:eek: Please feel free to share you in depth experience...

:D

Being dead is like sleeping.

This is how i see it . In this sleep period we have no since of time. So when we wake up it will be instantanious into the after life. This makes me believe when someone dies they are either in heaven or hell imediately in there perception.

As far as ghost I don't know. Ghost could be the sleeping soul's sub conscious lingering around?

I always thought of it this way: there is either life after death or not. You can make mistake believing either one. The point is which mistake would be worse than the other? If you believe that there is life after death, but really there none, then oh well. If you make mistake the other way around, then you burn in hell for eternities to come!!! :eek:

Just my two kopeks...

I realize this isn't really what this thread is about, but every time someone makes this point I have to ask this:

How can a person just decide to believe something? You either do or you don't. You can tell people you believe in an afterlife. You can go to church every Sunday and pretend to believe in it all. But in the end, you believe what you believe. Even if I try to convince myself it's for my own good to beleive in God and and afterlife, my logical self knows I don't, and can't, believe it. Is it enough to just act as though I believe it all?

For comparison, if millions of people told you that the moon is made of cheese, and that if you believe it - truly believe it - you will be rewarded in some significant way - could you do it?

I can't help what I believe, but if it turns out I was wrong all along, I will be eternally punished (allegedly). That's shitty. Boo, god.

He ain't heavy... and he's my brother...:cool:

sheet_bronze_urn.jpg

I've been intrigued with the idea that we are forms of energy - that we manifest as "matter" because we're slow vibrators (but maybe we're a little faster at it than rocks are). It bends my head a little, and that's healthy. Kinda like the notion that perhaps our kids chose us, not the other way around.

I was raised southern baptist by my grandmother but in all honestly I have never believed in god or any other form of supreme being.

My earliest thoughts on religion were that it did not make any sense.

Now move forward a few years to the day I first met my future wife.

The moment she turned around to be introduced to me I was shaken like I had a fever and a dizzy spell all at once.

In my minds eye at the exact moment I saw her face I had a vision of me reaching down from a horse to get my son that she was holding out to me. I also had images of us being togeather thru several other lives.

To say the least this shook me to the core of my being.

I have thought about this many times and I have some theories on what it was and what it means. But in the end I found my soul mate and I have never been happier.

I always thought of it this way: there is either life after death or not. You can make mistake believing either one. The point is which mistake would be worse than the other? If you believe that there is life after death, but really there none, then oh well. If you make mistake the other way around, then you burn in hell for eternities to come!!! :eek:

Just my two kopeks...

You mean Pasqual's wager?

I was raised southern baptist by my grandmother but in all honestly I have never believed in god or any other form of supreme being.

My earliest thoughts on religion were that it did not make any sense.

Now move forward a few years to the day I first met my future wife.

The moment she turned around to be introduced to me I was shaken like I had a fever and a dizzy spell all at once.

In my minds eye at the exact moment I saw her face I had a vision of me reaching down from a horse to get my son that she was holding out to me. I also had images of us being togeather thru several other lives.

To say the least this shook me to the core of my being.

I have thought about this many times and I have some theories on what it was and what it means. But in the end I found my soul mate and I have never been happier.

Very inspiring! :)

It kind of makes me think that there's a lot more to learn out there beyond organized religion and of it's less then perfect grasp at telling us what life is really all about.

OK, bottom line is that everyone knows there is something but don't want to admit it since they will have to think about it. So everyone takes the path of least resistance and ignores it all together...

Well, well, well... Ignorance may be bliss, but you can't hide behind it forever!!!

How do you figure? I don't know if there is something or if there isn't something after I die because........well........I haven't died. Neither have you, or anyone else having this conversation, therefore it would be quite impossible for you or any of us to KNOW anything about the afterlife. And as far as your reasoning that people just don't want to think about it, well that's baloney. I've spent more time researching God, beliefs, and the afterlife than any other subject in my lifetime. I was raised in a very strict religious household, I've read the scriptures along with countless other books on the subject and I've thought about it a lot. In the end I've come to the conclusion that there is no God, no afterlife, and no soul. I believe that when I die, I go into the ground and continue the cycle of life by becoming plant food and fertilizer. The mere notion of that used to scare the crap out of me, but now I find it much more comforting than promises of paradise or threats of damnation. I'm not saying I'm right, and I'm not saying you're wrong. I'm saying that this belief works for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back