Mysterious folder

MadAudio

Damned if I do
So I was looking for a pic in the My Pictures folder within My Documents, and found a folder I didn't create. It was called notads1_files and had about 30 little files that were probably part of some spyware or something. I deleted it, emptied the recycle bin and am now running a spyware sweep.

Anyone ever seen this one before? Strange that it should be in the My Pictures folder..... :confused: :confused:

I'm still looking for my MyPictures and MyDocuments folders. :confused:

Where would they be located on my Apple i-book. :D

When I first moved into sales at the company I work for, within a week my boss was on my ass about searching the net. It was a pain, but he was going to "show me something" on how our network was connected and started going through my files... In the "my pictures" folder, there was some weird sub-folder, can't remember what it was called. Anyway, he opens the folder and clicks on the file in there and unleashed a horde of popups out of nowhere - adaware showed over 1000 "critical objects". It took our IT guy about a week to figure out that he had to replace the HD and reload all of the software. BE CAREFUL!!!

When I first moved into sales at the company I work for, within a week my boss was on my ass about searching the net. It was a pain, but he was going to "show me something" on how our network was connected and started going through my files... In the "my pictures" folder, there was some weird sub-folder, can't remember what it was called. Anyway, he opens the folder and clicks on the file in there and unleashed a horde of popups out of nowhere - adaware showed over 1000 "critical objects". It took our IT guy about a week to figure out that he had to replace the HD and reload all of the software. BE CAREFUL!!!
You've confirmed my suspicions. Thanks, man.

Actually you will probably find that you saved an HTML document called notads1 and the files are the images that went with it.

That's OK. Soon they'll be making mac-only Addware, spyware, and viruses. If they have an Apple store at the local mall, the rest of this shit can't be far behind. :(

Which will leave Linux the only sensible option ........ if you can't beat them, join them by using software written by the same nerds that write the viruses ........... allegedly.:eek:

Back