Oblivion!

So here's an update...Im wandering around a town, getting the shit beat through me for stealing things. Can't fork out 5000 gold for a horse, though I want one. I need better weapons and armour. And it seems my acrobatic skill goes up alot but I'm soooo weak!

If you do the quest that starts with Jauffre at Weynon Priory, which leads you to Kvatch to do a bunch of stuff there, when you eventually have to go back to Weynon Priory, you get given someone's paint horse for free.

As for weapons and armour, if you join the blades, they have a cellar full of weapons and armour you can just take. It's all part of the main quest.

I haven't seen a bigger bunch of nerds gathered in the one place since my guild went on a raid and lost all our hit points

If your guild went on a raid and lost all your hit points, that makes you n00bs, not nerds. Nerds don't lose all their hitpoints

I always just walked into the corral, got on a horse and jumped the horse over the fence and road off.

I think I would love this shit. It's a good thing I don't ever play video games. My marriage would suffer.

MY last serious video game interest was my roommates Zelda and the Ocarina of Time (or whatever it was called) on Nintendo 64 (5 or 8 years ago). Cool freaking game. I can only imagine RPG are a bit better now.

I think I would love this shit. It's a good thing I don't ever play video games. My marriage would suffer.

MY last serious video game interest was my roommates Zelda and the Ocarina of Time (or whatever it was called) on Nintendo 64 (5 or 8 years ago). Cool freaking game. I can only imagine RPG are a bit better now.

It's funny, if there's one game I could compare it to, it'd be Zelda. But with much more side-quests and way bigger and much more explorable worlds/cities/dungeons.

I've still got to go through Tribunal and Bloodmoon before I can do Oblivion.
Just stock Morrowind is a load of fun, though. I am aware of no other game that allows you to run around as a crossbow-wielding cheetah :p

https://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k216/tapewolf/games/mw_rq1.png

(But dammit, it does interfere with my recording hobby...)

I still have most of Tribunal and all of Bloodmoon to get through. I had it all worked out in my head how I was going to complete the quests and what order, so that vampirism doesn't interfere with anything, and so that I could become the grandmaster of both the fighters and theives guilds. Haven't played it in ages. Very tempted to go back to it being that Oblivion crashes every hour on my PC...because my PC is old and messed up.

My magic dagger wont recharge, how do I get it back to full charge so I can inflict magicka damage?

My magic dagger wont recharge, how do I get it back to full charge so I can inflict magicka damage?

Find a mage to charge it for you (usually at least one guy in a mage guild will let you do it), or use a soul-capture thingy. (sorry I forget the name. It's been awhile since I played.)

Yeah I'd look into using the Soul Stones. They drop everywhere, and to charge them up you...um...shit I can't remember, never got round to using them in Oblivion but used them in Morrowind, so long ago. But basically it involves killing something, capturing its soul with the soul stone, and using itto charge your weapon.

Saves a hell of a lot of money though.

Yeah I'd look into using the Soul Stones. They drop everywhere, and to charge them up you...um...shit I can't remember, never got round to using them in Oblivion but used them in Morrowind, so long ago. But basically it involves killing something, capturing its soul with the soul stone, and using itto charge your weapon.

I just steal the soul stones and sell them to the Thieves Guild dude.

Yeah, you have to use a soul capture spell to charge it. But it sure comes in handy when your Ice Sword runs out of juice in the middle of a big battle.

I just steal the soul stones and sell them to the Thieves Guild dude.
I don't know about Oblivion, but in Morrowind you can make a fortune by stealing rat souls. A diseased rat will increase the gem's resale value from about 20gp to 2400gp or something. They're also needed to make enchanted items, which is a heck of a lot of fun. I hope they've kept that in Oblivion too.

I don't know about Oblivion, but in Morrowind you can make a fortune by stealing rat souls. A diseased rat will increase the gem's resale value from about 20gp to 2400gp or something. They're also needed to make enchanted items, which is a heck of a lot of fun. I hope they've kept that in Oblivion too.

How do you steal a soul?

Back