Oblivion!

TelePaul

J to the R O C
Has anybody played this yet? Wait, lemme start again...

Whos into computer games?

Has anyone played oblivion yet?

(tries to hold back excitement)

Has anybody played this yet? Wait, lemme start again...

Whos into computer games?

Has anyone played oblivion yet?

(tries to hold back excitement)

Ah, videogames, a topic I can talk about all day...

Yes.... Oblivion was very good, but I think the prettiness of the graphics overshadowed the fact that gameplay-wise, it wasn't as good as it's predecessor, Morrowind, which is still one of my favourite games.

One of the things I didn't like was that the quests and enemies level up with you, so your skill levels and attributes meant very little. There was no more "cool, I've leveled, now I can do <x> quest that was too difficult at my previous level. It made levelling up rather unexciting. I found myself with not too much to lok forward to in game, and spent most of the time looking at the pretty scenery. The world wasn't as big this time round either.

I also know people who completed it in a month to a couple of months. Morrowind was more likely to take a year or more to complete all quests and get to the point where there was nothing left to do but systematically wipe out the population race by race.

But comparisons aside, 'tis a good game, and the graphics are astounding. I'd give it a 10/10 for the visuals, and a 7.5/10 for gameplay...

BTW are we talking PC or X-Box here?

Last edited:
I think it's great.... I played it on/off for a good couple of months, then my pc fucked up and I had to re-install windoze and lost all my saved games :mad::(

Very Fun

I'm not a gamer but a friend showed me this game and I got hooked.
I'm running a Mac Pro with Boot Camp and a Radeon X1900 XT graphics card, the graphics are amazing!!!:eek:
I'm actually able to run the game with full quality graphics with NO LAG.
Anyway, the game itself is also really fun, I haven't played any others so I don't have anything to compare it to.:rolleyes:

Im playing it on the PS3, was quite glad to get an rpg instaed on a fps.

To be honest I'm a bit overwhelmed!!!! Its all asking me about starsign and class and all...I'm a wood elf. I havn't given much though to attributes or levels...I know depending on your initial decisions, some stats will improve as you level up while others require work.

To be honest I'm a bit overwhelmed!!!! Its all asking me about starsign and class and all...I'm a wood elf. I havn't given much though to attributes or levels...I know depending on your initial decisions, some stats will improve as you level up while others require work.

That's general RPG fare. Morrowind was the same deal. I play a lot of RPG's, but mostly they are online.

The good thing about the Elder Scrolls games is that your initial decisions don't pin you down to any one thing. You can still level up all the abilities. They just increase in XP and level as you use them. I started off in Oblivion with the intention of making a battle-mage. good with big swords and destructive magic, but I went on I actually found more fun in being a thief, sneaking around, nicking things....you can go into any house and take anything if you're good enough at lockpicking! In Morrowind I had it down to a fine art. Just walk around and pocket anything you can when no one's looking...cultery, food, weapons, armor, and then sell it. I had an entire suit of glass armour that I stole right from under someone's nose. OK so in the real world stealing is wrong, but Morrowind and Oblivion make it so much fun.

Hell I might have to fire it up and have a go at it this evening now!

That's general RPG fare. Morrowind was the same deal. I play a lot of RPG's, but mostly they are online.

The good thing about the Elder Scrolls games is that your initial decisions don't pin you down to any one thing. You can still level up all the abilities. They just increase in XP and level as you use them. I started off in Oblivion with the intention of making a battle-mage. good with big swords and destructive magic, but I went on I actually found more fun in being a thief, sneaking around, nicking things....you can go into any house and take anything if you're good enough at lockpicking! In Morrowind I had it down to a fine art. Just walk around and pocket anything you can when no one's looking...cultery, food, weapons, armor, and then sell it. I had an entire suit of glass armour that I stole right from under someone's nose. OK so in the real world stealing is wrong, but Morrowind and Oblivion make it so much fun.

Hell I might have to fire it up and have a go at it this evening now!

Awesome. I find navigating a bit awkward; it's like there's almost too many places to go! and I wish enemies appeared on a map/radar. Otherwise it's amazing!!!

Ah, videogames, a topic I can talk about all day...

Me too! I love 'em so much I wrote an essay about them!

An essay on video games

Man's greatest achievement? Perhaps not, but can you afford not to read on when I am about to tell you about video games? I find my self constantly drawn back to the subject of video games. Though video games is a favourite topic of discussion amongst monarchs, presidents and dictators, it is yet to receive proper recognition for laying the foundations of democracy. Since it was first compared to antidisestablishmentarianism much has been said concerning video games by those most reliant on technology, whom I can say no more about due to legal restrictions. Here begins my indepth analysis of the glourious subject of video games.

Social Factors

There is cultural and institutional interdependence between members of any community. Back when Vealinger reamarked �the power struggle will continue while the great tale of humanity remains untold� [1] he globalised an issue which had remained buried in the hearts of our ancestors for centuries. While deviating from the norm will always cause unrest amongst ones peers, video games raises the question 'why?'

Nothing represents every day life better than video games, and I mean nothing. Clearly it promotes higher individualism and obeyence of instinct. As soon as a child meets video games they are changed.

Economic Factors

Do we critique the markets, or do they in-fact critique us? Of course, video games fits perfectly into the Watkis-Teeth-Pulling model, a lovely model. Inflation

video games

Clearly the graphs demonstrates a strong correlation. Why is this? Recent studies indicate that inflation will eventually break free from the powerful influence of video games, but not before we see a standardised commercial policy for all. Many analysts fear a subsequent depression.

Political Factors

Politics, we all agree, is a fact of life. Contrasting the numerous political activists campaigning for the interests of video games can be like looking at the two, equally popular approaches to video games. If the reader is unaware of these, they need only to turn on the television, or pick up a newspaper or popular magazine.

To quote award winning journalist Elijah T. Time 'Man's greatest enemy is complacency with regards to personal and political hygiene.' [2] I argue that his insight into video games provided the inspiration for these great words. If I may be as bold as to paraphrase, he was saying that 'political ideals are built on the solid cornerstone of video games.'

One thing's certain. The Human species liberally desires video games, and what's more human than politics?
Conclusion

To conclude video games may not be the best thing since sliced bread, but it's still important. It inspires, ensures financial stability and figures show it's a winning formular.

Here with the final word is Hollywood's Ozzy Kournikova: 'Oooh yeah video games shoo badaby dooo.' [3]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[1] Vealinger - Turtle Power - 2003 ICJ

[2] Time - Yes Indeed - 1987 Indegro Books

[3] Go mad for video games - Issue 132 - Kendeal Books

It's funny that you essay on video games looks a lot like your essay on dos, and your essays on other things I can't remember.... I'm beginning to smell a rat........ :rolleyes::p

Oblivion was awesome. I'm playing Shivering Isles now on 360.

It's one of the few cross-platform games I prefer on console.

Looking forward to FO3.

I need a new gaming rig. Anybody got 3k sitting around?

The last
time I played
a computer
game it was
called something like
Armageddon
and
I was afraid
it would
blow up
my

It's funny that you essay on video games looks a lot like your essay on dos, and your essays on other things I can't remember.... I'm beginning to smell a rat........ :rolleyes::p

Great writers throughout history have all developed a unique way of expressing themselves. I am no different.

Whats FO3??

Fallout 3. Going to be done with the Oblivion engine.

I hope they fix that stupid leveling up thing. I purposely never leveled up throughout Oblivion because I got sick of trying to wander the forests and having MAJOR battles. Fuck it. I should be able to blow apart the early enemies. I agree with the earlier reviewer. Graphics were amazing, but the gameplay got stupid after awhile.

Fallout 1 and 2 were the best games ever. I'll probably end up buying a new system for FO3 I'm so stupidly excited for it.

the only RPG i ever played was Xenogears, and it was so awesome i could never play another RPG again for the rest of my life.

Played it, solved it a couple of times. My kid makes mods for oblivion I find people all over the net talking about using...it's the geek of equivilant of your kid making quarterback....

So here's an update...Im wandering around a town, getting the shit beat through me for stealing things. Can't fork out 5000 gold for a horse, though I want one. I need better weapons and armour. And it seems my acrobatic skill goes up alot but I'm soooo weak!

So here's an update...Im wandering around a town, getting the shit beat through me for stealing things. Can't fork out 5000 gold for a horse, though I want one. I need better weapons and armour. And it seems my acrobatic skill goes up alot but I'm soooo weak!

horses are easy to steal.

Back