Thread: Writing two songs at once

Thanks

Smile

Sign in to disable this ad
    Songwriting IS a CHORE! :-) hahah!
    You HAVE to do it!

Thanks

Lightbulb

The challenge is to bring those different ideas to fruition. I think most writers have pieces of songs in different stages all the time. But try to complete them, good or bad. There's nothing wrong with a good rewrite later on, plus it allows you to learn the craft as you go.

Thanks
    Last month I did three songs. One I was finishing I just had to do some minor arranging and mixing, the other two I had to write (music and Lyrics) record and mix. This was my most productive month ever and you know why ? I had a deadline and a theme! Being inspired but rushed meant not having time to endlessly try millions of options. A little problem when working with two songs at the same time (and in different styles) was having objectivity (I work alone). But as I knew I was in the ZONE I felt confident. These 3 songs got to be played by a DJ at a party. When people started dancing to it and were having a great time, it felt really great I tell you.

So get a deadline and a theme,
    Have fun
    BigBee

Thanks
    That's a good point actually. I noticed that some of my more productive moments came when I had a recording date set. I knew I had to get my tunes together so that I wouldn't waste any valuable studio time. Deadlines do help.

Thread Information