Writing my notes from singing after using a tuner to get them - is this right

mikeit

well guys as a newbie i need to know if i am doing things right or wrong....so i need help on doing these....for the 1st time i tried to listen to my vocals and guess my vocal range...guess what...i guess i did....i think i done it right...

I picked up my guitar modeling processor and since it has a tuner option i use it a microphone on the input and tried to get a note......well i made it on a C.....using my natural voice singing an easy loud @LAAAAAA@ and it gave a C....

Then i went to my keyboard and tried to match it....and guess gave me a C3....i hope i am doing this right...in fact it sounds easy but never tried....

So my vocal range its more like a tenor or baritone...or something like that....i am not worried to get high notes...i really cannot....my voice breaks...after some B3 or like that....and also on the low i guess i wont get that much...

Now the main question, i tried to write my singing notes from somes phrases and guess what i guess i did it again... {i am not Britney Spears....:D:D} i went again to the microphone and got some notes....then i went to the keyboard and played those exactly notes i got from my singing words....

Am i doing things as they are supposed to be done..i mean, to write notes from the phrases we sing, we get those notes (from the tuner for example) go to the keyboard and they match and thats our notes....

What can you help me

Well in music there's no "right" way to do something. Everybody has their own way of doing things so if this works for you and you're happy with the process and outcome, then I'd keep using this method. If you're wondering if most artists come up with melodies for their songs by first singing the melody and then transposing it to an instrument -- then I'm not really sure. It would depend on how the artist thinks and whether singing is their strong point or if they write better on an instrument.

To find your *true* vocal range you should probably use a plugin or hardware device that tells the note AND octave (I'm not sure if your tuner did this). You should then sing as low as you can possibly go and then as high as you can possibly go. Those two notes (lowest and highest) represent your vocal range.

i made it on a C.....using my natural voice singing an easy loud @LAAAAAA@ and it gave a C....

Then i went to my keyboard and tried to match it....and guess gave me a C3.........my voice breaks...after some B3 or like that....and also on the low i guess i wont get that much...=

One more thing: did you mean to say it breaks on a B4? Because B3 is before C3 and you said you could sing a C3 without a problem.

One more thing: did you mean to say it breaks on a B4? Because B3 is before C3 and you said you could sing a C3 without a problem.

B3 is before or after C3???
now i am confused...i mean i sing a C3 i guess cause i played in the keyboard and sounded the same...

isnt it C3, D3, E3, F3, G3.....then A4 or B3 ?!!? Hmmm....you are right...i broke on B4 maybe....:D:D:D

All i wanted to know is if i am doing these right, not that i plan to write like this, i am just getting some know how in how things are done:D how they work in practice.

B3 is before or after C3???
now i am confused...i mean i sing a C3 i guess cause i played in the keyboard and sounded the same...

isnt it C3, D3, E3, F3, G3.....then A4 or B3 ?!!? Hmmm....you are right...i broke on B4 maybe....:D:D:D

All i wanted to know is if i am doing these right, not that i plan to write like this, i am just getting some know how in how things are done:D how they work in practice.

Oh, whoops. You were right :) Sorry for the confusion, I forgot there for a second. So it's entirely possible you broke on a B3.

To sum up what I said in my first post, yes you are doing everything correctly. This is one of the many methods to writing songs and I think you're doing a great job. Keep on going!

well guys as a newbie i need to know if i am doing things right or wrong....so i need help on doing these....for the 1st time i tried to listen to my vocals and guess my vocal range...guess what...i guess i did....i think i done it right...

I picked up my guitar modeling processor and since it has a tuner option i use it a microphone on the input and tried to get a note......well i made it on a C.....using my natural voice singing an easy loud @LAAAAAA@ and it gave a C....

Then i went to my keyboard and tried to match it....and guess gave me a C3....i hope i am doing this right...in fact it sounds easy but never tried....

So my vocal range its more like a tenor or baritone...or something like that....i am not worried to get high notes...i really cannot....my voice breaks...after some B3 or like that....and also on the low i guess i wont get that much...

Now the main question, i tried to write my singing notes from somes phrases and guess what i guess i did it again... {i am not Britney Spears....:D:D} i went again to the microphone and got some notes....then i went to the keyboard and played those exactly notes i got from my singing words....

Am i doing things as they are supposed to be done..i mean, to write notes from the phrases we sing, we get those notes (from the tuner for example) go to the keyboard and they match and thats our notes....

What can you help me

I am not sure if this 100% accurate but I think what you can do is to record your plain voice as wav, no other instruments just acapella. then convert those wav to midi. Finally you can convert midi to sheet notes.

So now you have created the sheet notes for your vocals. Of course, this will not be entirely accurate but it saves time than just doing singing, using tuners and playing on keyboard as note guessing can take some time.

I am not sure if this 100% accurate but I think what you can do is to record your plain voice as wav, no other instruments just acapella. then convert those wav to midi. Finally you can convert midi to sheet notes.

So now you have created the sheet notes for your vocals. Of course, this will not be entirely accurate but it saves time than just doing singing, using tuners and playing on keyboard as note guessing can take some time.

thats what i really intend to do. And software will help me cause for me its just a tool and of course gives me the big one than i have to filter it!!!;)

Back