Who Hears Voices???

jvasey

This question is for anyone who hears a song in your head while writing it. Do you ever hear someone else singing?? I often find myself imagining the song with one of my stronger influences' voices singing it. In my mind I'm hearing Elvis Costello, Paul Westerberg, Ian Blurton, or even Chrissy Hynde. The songs can be quite different from what the artist would do, but in my mind, it's rarely me singing.

Jeff

When i think of a song when im writing i also hear someone elses voice. I dont know whos voice it is, but it is usually female...

Yeah I hear voices...

I hear my own voice when writing a song. Of course I am an egomaniac (nobody else can sing it as well as I can at that moment). When it's done I think about who might sound better singing it.

Sometimes when lying in bed and getting ready to go to sleep, without even thinking about it, its like having a radio in my head, maybe its my fillings. Anyway, sometimes I will hear symphonies, sometimes full bands with horn sections and backup female vocals etc. I dont know where it comes from or how it is being done. I will start running a simple melody through my mind and it just takes off from there, sometimes it is truly incredable but I know I am tired and cant get out of bed and if I dont just lay back and listen or some sound like the house settling happens, it
will break the spell and it comes to an end. It hasnt happened for awhile and I havent really given it any thought until I read your thread, going to have to consciencously try and get it up and going again, I used to
enjoy it alot. It was quite spotaneous and I swear just like listening to a radio. It always amazed me how creative
the mind can really be.

Oh Yes:
This happens to me every time I write a song. All my songs are completely written in my head first, and then I only hear the lead singer from the Buckinghams singing it.
Seriously.
DJ

I hear voices... all the time.

It depends on what kind of song I'm writing and who I want to shop the song to. I hear my voice from time to time, telling me to do the right thing and keep the song for my damn self. :)

But I often hear the voices of current artists whose material I've heard recently and this usually influences where the songs direction goes as I would try to get it to fit the style of that particular artist.

It's good to hear these voices because they challenge me to write more diverse songs.

Trak

Back