what is your favorite song to sing?

It's usually whatever [cover] I'm working on trying to learn (i.e., remember the words to) because I don't bother with songs that don't get my motor running on some level. But, they sometimes fade (brief flings :)) once I've done them a time or three. Then I always come back to something by Guy Clark, with The Cape or Dublin Blues probably in the top 3 along with Willin' by Lowell George.

Recently, Mary Jane's Last Dance...everyone says I sound like Tom Petty anyway...and Can't Find My Way Home by Blind Faith. Our acoustic trio does them.

Whatever I'm capable of.
In not a singer, its a struggle for me. I can sing just well enough to convey the feel and melody of a song I'm writing.
Then the pro takes over and actually sings it. :D

Oddly enough, despite my vocal shortcomings, I'm trying to learn Get By With A Little Help From My Friends (Joe Cocker version)
Boy that's tough. None of the guys I play with are willing to take that one on. Lol :D

Love Jellyfish

Alan.

Deep lyrics in a fun way. Saw them live at a underground bar in like 1992 ish? Jaw on the floor.

Great productions and music. Sturmer just decided to be a daddy I guess. That's cool. Wish he would write and record more tho. Something about his voice that very few have. And I am a metal guy at heart...

I was a guest bass player in a band back in the 90's that was influenced by Jellyfish in their songwriting, they introduced me to the music.

Alan

Back