Wanted: Great Female Pop/Rock Song

TexRoadkill

Audio Bum
I need a great song for a female singer that is catchy and upbeat without being lame. Something along the lines of Avril Levigne or the other pop/rock chicks who are popular right now. A slight country vibe would be acceptable also. I've got a few songs to use but nothing is really grabbing me and I'm curious what is out there. We may just use a cover song but I'd prefer something unknown.

Please post a link here or PM me but don't expect a reply about the song in this thread. Recording quality doesnt matter as long as the melody and rythm is clear. I will PM you if she wants to use it. Please don't be offended if your song is not picked because we are looking for something that will work for this specific demo.

Thanks in advance to anyone who helps out.

FINE PRINT:
The recording will be for a promotional demo and I can offer nothing but your song credit and possibly some exposure. Only submit a song if you think it might be cool to hear somebody else arrange and perform it. If you don't feel comfortable about letting someone use (and possibly mangle) the song then please don't submit it.

This is a very casual project. I'm not the type of person who worries about phantom riches and if you are please don't submit a song. If there is any real business or contracts to worry about in the future we will do it then.

Heart is a great band for a female singer to listen to. Ann Wilson is one of the best and her sister Nancy can sing quite good as well. Nancy has a more country voice.....
The little Queen and their self titled CD are good ones to listen too for a female vocalist...
Myx

It'd be nice to a some female songwriters/musicians in here.

Someone go fetch a couple.

I'm sure they could give a new approach and different ideas on lyrics.

TexRoadkill said:
I need a great song for a female singer that is catchy and upbeat without being lame. Something along the lines of Avril Levigne or the other pop/rock chicks who are popular right now. A slight country vibe would be acceptable also. I've got a few songs to use but nothing is really grabbing me and I'm curious what is out there. We may just use a cover song but I'd prefer something unknown.

Please post a link here or PM me but don't expect a reply about the song in this thread. Recording quality doesnt matter as long as the melody and rythm is clear. I will PM you if she wants to use it. Please don't be offended if your song is not picked because we are looking for something that will work for this specific demo.

Thanks in advance to anyone who helps out.

FINE PRINT:
The recording will be for a promotional demo and I can offer nothing but your song credit and possibly some exposure. Only submit a song if you think it might be cool to hear somebody else arrange and perform it. If you don't feel comfortable about letting someone use (and possibly mangle) the song then please don't submit it.

This is a very casual project. I'm not the type of person who worries about phantom riches and if you are please don't submit a song. If there is any real business or contracts to worry about in the future we will do it then.

hey texroadkill!
what do you think about a song with a bonnie rait type of a feel?
xcuse the spelling.. some slide guitar , catchy lyric, great groove. ? let me know, i'll turn it into an mp3, but only at 96 k for fast download. thnx, myles loud

Hey guys, thanks for the responses. With this sight running so crappy I forgot to check this thread. I'll check out those songs that are posted when I get home.

Myles, might be cool if it's pretty catchy. That's the kind of stuff I seem to write so we have a few mid tempo tunes to choose from but I'm always interested in hearing something that might work.

D'oh! I just noticed the date! Sorry 'bout that. :mad:

Joseph (icystorm)

Back