Voice/Vocal Machine/Software

Orson

A long shot but here goes....... Is there any analogue machine or magic box that can alter a persons voice and produce another 'natural' voice from it?

So basically without too much effort you could produce two or more totally different character/human voices from a studio mic.

I do not mean those machines like a Roland VT4 which improve a crap vocals into a singing voice. I am looking for something that could alter the natural voice so one person could produce two or more different peoples voices.

What are you looking to accomplish? Are you trying to add harmonies or backup vocals?

No it is for voice overs. So when attempting a different character voice. I am trying to exaggerate it so it actually does sound like a different person and not sound ridiculous.

There are a variety of techniques to accomplish this.

The best one will obviously be to practice your VO skills until you can produce a variety of distinct sounding characters regardless of what tools you have.

This can be supplemented with subtle pitch/speed changes. Sometimes reverb and distortion can accent a character voice, but it will rarely sound like a "natural" human voice.

Otherwise, there are tools to emulate different microphones and rooms, but that will just sound like your voice in a different room with a different mic.

Back