Trapped like a Rat 2:)

niner

I hit send on the last one and my pc said not right now, must be union.

I see that most of you posting play an instrument of some sort, mostly guitar. That is great, but what do you do if you don't play one and yet you want to put the sound in your head in something to go along with your lyrics? If you have that rythem that is just going along with this story that you want to tell and ya just can't play it but you know how it should sound.

I put a post on the Newbie sight above and thought I would ask here also, what if any software is there that you use to at least give you some music to play with your lyrics? Which program comes with a lot of music in them and can you get more.

I am learning the guitar but it is going to take awhile. It's a short, fat finger kind of thing if ya know what I am talken about :)

Thanks for your help.

Piano is the easiest way to figure out the basic parts if you don't have any musical experience, just because it's completely linear. But in the words of Todd Rundgren "Just blow in it or bang on it until it makes the sound your looking for."

that's the truth, what he said.
what it is.
lots of things make noise. some of those things can be played using the different pitches made by manipulating them in different ways.
Or you can always make friends with a musician.

If you are learning guitar at this time, keep with it and take the time to learn the major and minor chords. It will be brutal on the fingers at first but it will pay great dividends for your hard work. This could help your songwriting and placement of chords and melodies. This may take some time. But the harder you try with an easy guitar chordbook, the better the results. Good luck, by the way I am a newbie-rookie so my advice should be taken lightly.

Perseverance is the key, whether you play or not. The more effort you put in the greater the sense of fulfillment. Starting's the hardest, but it's worth it in the long run; I used to get bored sometimes until I started playing music.

If you want to put music to your lyrics, why not purchase sampling software like Acid 2.0 or Magix 6.0?Using sampling software and .wav files can take a lot of pressure off especially if you have a problem with music notation. Also, keep up with the guitar! I'm not saying use samples totally. But, using samples can at least put you on the right track. Later...Den

Back