Top BILLBOARD hits of all time?

phillybean

I was searching the web for a list of the top billboard hits of all time in rock or popular or whatever genre.
I can't find it.
The reason for this is i would like a good cover song for my band. We already do a ripping version of "Under the Sea" from the little mermaid. A stroke of genius on my part, i think.

I know "Every Breath You take" is the #1 song ever based on radio play. If there is a list somewhere of the most played songs after that, it would be great to see a link.
Thanks.

Oh, I thought it was "Yesterday" that was #1! It's supposed to, stastistically, have been played on some radiostation constantly since its' release! :)

There's probably a hundred #1's cuz there's so many qualifiers involved. I mean based on what and according to whom? Sales? Radio? Performance? Publishing? At one time weren't there sheet music charts?

And doesn't Irving Berlin's "White Christmas" figure in here somewhere?

The best will probably be the worst accoring to most patrons of Homerecording.com. Why not lets ckeck out the most ripped of song, or songs that have been dubbed with the great 90's doof doof beat. Isn't the greatest songs of all time in the ear of the beholder?

Phillybean, if you want to cover (I don't know for which purpose) but I know that Allice by Smoky is an all-time-cover-and-karaoky favourite. (You know, the who the fuck-is-alice-one).

I think the most played song ever used to be "Stairway to Heaven".

But, that's probably been outplayed by Nivana's "Smells Like Teen Spirit". Both songs are annoying as hell because of all the overplay.

Back