is this TOO pitchy?

Strokeitnoel

Hi! I need your help in deciding whether this vocal needs some melodyne or not. I've just heard it too many times to make the call, i'm unsure about it.

Thank you

Kind of depends on the vibe you're going for. For a power-pop kind of production, it's probably good. For a super-polished modern pop song, you may want to tighten up a little.

IMO, yes I would make a few minor adjustments. But I am kind of anal about performances. I hear a couple of timing issues as well that are easily adjusted with Melodyne. It is really up to you and the artist that determines what is needed.

More importantly I hear a few mix issues that I would address first. That accent guitar that comes in after the second 'maybe one day' {2:05} at the last chorus really could use some compression to control the attack. It jumps out as out of place to me.

Overall good mix man! Props!

Sorry if you are not a man. Is your name Fredrik? Or Noel? Why is he stroking? lol

Welcome to the forum man! :)

IMO, yes I would make a few minor adjustments. But I am kind of anal about performances. I hear a couple of timing issues as well that are easily adjusted with Melodyne. It is really up to you and the artist that determines what is needed.

More importantly I hear a few mix issues that I would address first. That accent guitar that comes in after the second 'maybe one day' {2:05} at the last chorus really could use some compression to control the attack. It jumps out as out of place to me.

Overall good mix man! Props!

Sorry if you are not a man. Is your name Fredrik? Or Noel? Why is he stroking? lol

Welcome to the forum man! :)

Thanks for the feedback! You're right about that guitar part, i will change that and a few other things :)

Yeah the name is Fredrik.
Stroke it noel is a song by big star, in the song alex chiltons says "stroke it noel" to the guy who plays the violin or something(noel) :)
Always thought it was a funny name

Cheers

Back