Too many Genres

tamky

I know this is going to sound like a lame-dick way to get you to listen to one of my songs, but I have a problem. I haven't been recording music for a few years now and I am amazed at the list of genres and sub-genres that are available where you can list your music :eek:. There must be over 100 different genres of music listed. If this keeps going, I suspect in a few years we'll all have our own genre named after ourselves.
Anyway, I would appreciate anyone listening to any one of my songs and suggesting which genre you feel it should be listed under. I know it would be a subjective opinion, but I have NO idea what a lot of these genre names mean. Thanks in advance for any input.

Tamky, I wouldn't know exactly what to call this, as you know, there are so many things that it could be labeled. I looked through some of the sub-genres at dmusic, and I think experimental would fit nicely, but so does Ambient, and several others. Will tthey let you make up your own subgenre? That's what I try and do, just because what I like to play, has elements of several things, so I just combine them into one, and make something up.... :confused:

Dogman said:
Tamky, I wouldn't know exactly what to call this, as you know, there are so many things that it could be labeled. I looked through some of the sub-genres at dmusic, and I think experimental would fit nicely, but so does Ambient, and several others. Will tthey let you make up your own subgenre? That's what I try and do, just because what I like to play, has elements of several things, so I just combine them into one, and make something up.... :confused:

Dogman - Thanks for taking time out to check this for me. Yes, I have been leaning towards Electronic, sub-genre Ambient. Thanks again. :confused:

tamky said:
Dogman - Thanks for taking time out to check this for me. Yes, I have been leaning towards Electronic, sub-genre Ambient. Thanks again. :confused:
Yeah, with all those subs, who knows what things really are. To me your song was more of a mellow rock type, with a somewhat electronic sound. But to pigeon hole it...don't know man. Just call it Tamky rock or something.

Dogman said:
Yeah, with all those subs, who knows what things really are. To me your song was more of a mellow rock type, with a somewhat electronic sound. But to pigeon hole it...don't know man. Just call it Tamky rock or something.

Thanks again. Hmmmm 'tamky rock'. That reminded me of an old rock song I did write and record a looong time ago. It's called 'Jungle Patrol' and it's about my experience in Vietnam. The mix sux and pls forgive my singing and the long intro, but if you'd like to give a listen...

Hey, I really like your songs Isolation and Jungle Patrol. I'm going to listen to the rest now. Sorry I can't help you with your problem though.

Back