Stifled creativity. Inspiration. I feel like dying.

xtjdx. It seems a lot of people here are hating your success, fuck em. I've noticed that if you don't situate yourself with the masses in a boring pile of shit with everyone on the same page in their life, and all with their heads up their asses, you don't fit in. In other words, anyone outside the clump of shit that does something with their lives and looks for answers to questions that are meant to be answered, not questioned, is attacked on a personal level without any attention to the question at hand. Personally, I feel what you're saying. You are an intelligent young adult who finished college early and is now working a job which you are afraid might take over your life, your creativity, your pleasures. You don't have a wife or kids so you are at a position where you have to seperate your childhood dreams of making music with the real world complexities. You are facing a dilemma. Since you are so young, you have been accelerated into an lifestile that people older than you are experiencing at the same time. Shit, it ain't fair. The biggest inspiration I see in your life is life itself. I think whatever situation you're in, you can find something to talk about. If you feel depressed, use it in a positive way by writing about it, composing music about it. That will aleviate your stress and help you create a possible masterpiece. The greatest works are created when a person is either ecstatic about something or in deep pain. You don't have to be a music master to know this. All the people on this forum who replied harshly by attacking your personal successes are losers. They are indeed envious. I guess that's what you don't want to become right? Sometimes having too many options too early is hard. When you have only a couple of options, at least you don't have the regret of thinking what else you could have done instead of what you are already doing.
My advice, keep doing what you're doing. Use your emotions, whether negative or positive, to make music. That will be the difference between making a forced "sit down and work" song, and a natural talent inspired song.l

3 entries found for paragraph.

par·a·graph
n.

1. A distinct division of written or printed matter that begins on a new, usually indented line, consists of one or more sentences, and typically deals with a single thought or topic or quotes one speaker's continuous words.
2. A mark ( ¶ ) used to indicate where a new paragraph should begin or to serve as a reference mark.
3. A brief article, notice, or announcement, as in a newspaper.

MobbEuro said:
xtjdx. It seems a lot of people here are hating your success, fuck em. I've noticed that if you don't situate yourself with the masses in a boring pile of shit with everyone on the same page in their life, and all with their heads up their asses, you don't fit in. In other words, anyone outside the clump of shit that does something with their lives and looks for answers to questions that are meant to be answered, not questioned, is attacked on a personal level without any attention to the question at hand. Personally, I feel what you're saying. You are an intelligent young adult who finished college early and is now working a job which you are afraid might take over your life, your creativity, your pleasures. You don't have a wife or kids so you are at a position where you have to seperate your childhood dreams of making music with the real world complexities. You are facing a dilemma. Since you are so young, you have been accelerated into an lifestile that people older than you are experiencing at the same time. Shit, it ain't fair. The biggest inspiration I see in your life is life itself. I think whatever situation you're in, you can find something to talk about. If you feel depressed, use it in a positive way by writing about it, composing music about it. That will aleviate your stress and help you create a possible masterpiece. The greatest works are created when a person is either ecstatic about something or in deep pain. You don't have to be a music master to know this. All the people on this forum who replied harshly by attacking your personal successes are losers. They are indeed envious. I guess that's what you don't want to become right? Sometimes having too many options too early is hard. When you have only a couple of options, at least you don't have the regret of thinking what else you could have done instead of what you are already doing.
My advice, keep doing what you're doing. Use your emotions, whether negative or positive, to make music. That will be the difference between making a forced "sit down and work" song, and a natural talent inspired song.l

You know what, Mobb Man is right, R2D2. Quit your job and seperate yourself from the other steaming piles of mediocrity. Besides, fuck 'The Man'! You ain't no corporate slave! :mad:

Unless you end up getting a deal, then your a corporate bitch. That is one level below corporate slave.

Good luck! :)

Don't sweat it ez, I got a 750 on the reading part of the SAT's and a 99% on my English placement exams in my senior year of hich school. Blow me. Maybe you can find another possible thesaurus definition for that?

MobbEuro said:
Don't sweat it ez, I got a 750 on the reading part of the SAT's and a 99% on my English placement exams in my senior year of hich school. Blow me. Maybe you can find another possible thesaurus definition for that?

fel·la·ti·o
n.
1. Oral stimulation of the penis.

I learned that in high school. It's a modern version of hich school. The tests are harder.
:)

1. Overachiever Blues
2. Worried About You(My Financial Future )
3. I Need a Happy Medium(All I got was a Miserable Extra Large)
4. Blues for too Many Options
5 A Lifetime in Front of Me
6. Decisions, Decisions, Decisions!

God I love it EZ. How bout an essay on adulthood blues? :p

Don't sweat it ez, I got a 750 on the reading part of the SAT's and a 99% on my English placement exams in my senior year of hich school.
Hich school? What about the spelling part :rolleyes: :D ?

RICK FITZPATRICK said:
Hich school? What about the spelling part :rolleyes: :D ?

I got you covered Rick.
ez_willis said:
I learned that in high school. It's a modern version of hich school. The tests are harder.
:)

I thought you hated me again? You're like my girlfriend in that sense.

You're not my girlfriend, right?

I thought you hated me again? You're like my girlfriend in that sense.
I can ROFLAO whether I hate your guts or not can't I. :D Naw, I don't hate anyone. I get pissed at stuff that even an ameoba can see is plain nonsense. I get over it though. But the Cave is a waste of time anymore. I can't see getting upset over bullshit anymore either. Lifes too short. Besides, whats one little insult between friends.. :p

RICK FITZPATRICK said:
I can ROFLAO whether I hate your guts or not can't I. :D Naw, I don't hate anyone. I get pissed at stuff that even an ameoba can see is plain nonsense. I get over it though. But the Cave is a waste of time anymore. I can't see getting upset over bullshit anymore either. Lifes too short. Besides, whats one little insult between friends.. :p

One insult? I've insulted you dozens of times, each one funnier than the last!

Rick Footzpatrick, I crack myself up!! :D :D

I've insulted you dozens of times, each one funnier than the last!
DOZENS OF TIMES????????/ :eek: :eek: Now I really hate your guts.. :mad:......er.........FOOTSPATRICK AAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! (choke choke) god your gonna kill me yet...

this may be silly, but you find definitions from a dictionary, not a thesaurus.

on another note, i don't think xtjdx is being whiny or spoiled. he's just growing up, and there's nothing wrong with questioning your place in life. it probably happens to most people with a fully functional brain just out of college. congrats on early graduation. i still got one more year ahead of me until i get thrown out to the sharks.

A thesaurus gives you synonyms.

On another note. I know what I'm talking about. As a rule of thumb, don't try acting smart when you're not.

MobbEuro said:
On another note. I know what I'm talking about. As a rule of thumb, don't try acting smart when you're not.
At 19? That's funny... you're not even finished cooking yet!

Trust me, you know shit, skippy..... :rolleyes:

Straight work will stiffle creativity, always has. So does the marketing and promotional end of the creative process, should you choose that path for a full time endeavor. If you do, you're standing at the front door of quite possibly the 10 most creative years of your life, if you allow it to develop.

All flame wars aside, having to deal with fulltime work and fulltime school makes my music-making time that much sweeter. If I don't have any pressure, I don't feel compelled to work on music. "If you want something done, ask a busy person."

I could be crazy, though.

acidrock said:
Well this kid needs to get his perspective back inline.He says he's from a poor family and he's bitching about having to work a good job.

I work fifty+ hours a week and have a family,that doesn't leave much time for playing,recording,writing,etc...
The thing is,you've got to work with the situation you've got and you've got to have priorities.If I were to choose between being able to write a song,or having a good job,I'll take the good job...not to say you can't have both,which seems to ge the jist of his post.

I've said to myself on several occasions that I'd set aside some time to write a song and it rarely ever works that way.When it comes it comes.For me it's usually while driving or maybe while I'm at work.Some songs come in fifteen minutes,some over months.

If I'm not feeling creative I play other peoples songs,just to stay in practice and get loosened up.Feeling that you have to write something because you've set aside time to do so is just putting undue pressure on yourself,if it's not fun it's not going to happen.

If you feel pressure to produce songs you may as well have a normal job anyways. :rolleyes:

Acid, this and your later post were both insightful good advice, from someone in a similar situation. It's positive and helpful, exactly what this forum should be about.

Back