Star Dust

andydeedpoll

i do love smilies...
hey. i wrote these lyrics about six months back, but thought i'd upload them here just to see what people thought.

We are Star Dust
We'll take our chance
We are never forgotten
Always at the back of your mind

We are Star Dust
From the broken wall
Its time to see the sense
in the poetry that you scrawled down on the floor

So Lets make a run
for that broken land
Lets make a run
Lift the darkness down

We are Star Dust
We are Star Dust
We are Star Dust
Star Dust

i wrote them for my band, The Deedpoll, and our singer took them away and wrote some music for them ... he recorded a quick demo of it on his keyboard and ultra cheap internet mic (which hes convinced is amazing :rolleyes: :D ), and can be found here .

thanks alot.

¬Andy

Lyrics- Didn't do much for me, give it a "Fair" rating. Link to song just went to advertisement- anyone else getting ad when trying link?

thanks for the input.

yeah, i dont know why that advert comes up, but if you leave it a while then the song seems to appear eventually :rolleyes: im not very good with these internetty things :p

Yeah man,

All power to you for being so open to criticism. It's coming together. It reminds me why i love to play music - not that i know why . . . But, that's my feeling after listening to your song.

Wow very ethereal tune. Could be good to perform live with those vocal harmonics, not easy though. I think "star dust" has been used to often in popular music and has become a cliche, I wouldn't use it.

barthoque said:
Wow very ethereal tune. Could be good to perform live with those vocal harmonics, not easy though. I think "star dust" has been used to often in popular music and has become a cliche, I wouldn't use it.

hehe.

i wrote that about six months ago like i said, but a couple of weeks ago i opened a magazine to find a review of an old old song that had been remastered or something and the first line of the review was some thing like "when so-and-so opens the first song with the lyrics "We are The Stardust" i almost bit my tongue :p.

thanks a lot for the input. the actual version of the song is a lot longer than that version, and luckily with the harmonies weve got two singers who have been singing together for about 5 years, so are pretty good at listening to each other and staying in tune together.

thanks again for the input :)

Back