Which songwriter?

hixmix

Halibut, North Dakota
When you come back in the next life, which songwriter would you like to come back as? Why?

Well we may have a problem here. A lot of the songwriters I admire (not envy) are still alive.

By the way; is that Marc Chapman out yet?, I heard he was up for parole. If he comes near me he'll know about it-the bastard.

I'd come back as myself, but in 1959.... then, I'll write and copyright all the Beatles songs before they release them! I'll make millions!!!

Hooohooohaaahaahaaahaaaaaaa!!!!!!! (evil laugh)

Id come back as myself with better rooms to record in and all the drawmer and neve gear I want. Also an automatic distribution deal.

Alternatively: Mahler. His "songs of a wayfarer" are the among most tragically beautiful songs every written. Same for his symphonies which I listen to at least once a day.

Poulanc, if I could stay heterosexual.

Mr Bungle.

Schubert died at 31, from syphillis. He got syphillis from a prostitute. That prostitute was the first girl he had, as he was 4,11 and fat (almost as tall as axl rose) and not famous until after he died.

I'd like to come back as Beethoven (he wrote a lotta songs too) and kick the bloody shit out of chapman in a barroom/prison brawl. Roll over Beethoven!

REINCARNATED AS...

Tough question....Jim Webb or Paul Simon??hmmm
Beethoven??Can I choose to be re-incarnated as myself??

In the classical realm...I like Schumann, Satie, Bartok, Poulenc, Debussy... piano (I play keyboards). Simple, but not, if you see (hear?) what I mean.
Varese, Penderecki, Cage for organized sound...
Hindemith, Greig...to name a few.

As much as I hate to give credit to the classical masters, because I think they had an unfair advantage. If you consider the body of work created by Beethoven after he was deaf!!

Many of the classical composers just plain bore me to sleep. That doesn't mean I don't enjoy thier work. But when I think of all the work of our generation and the past 40 plus years. I'd rollem all up in a big fat one and have to smoke it!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cool:

Pete Townshend or Kerry Livgren.
Neither of them are dead though...

so I guess I'd have to come back as Jack the Ripper and kill one of them, then myself, and then come back.

Hey that reminds me of another. Maybe I'll come back as David St. Hubbins from Spinal Tap.

Back