Song That Made You Cry

Songs That Made You Cry

"A Remark You Made" by Weather Report. A melancholy melody that always makes me think of Jaco. Such a tragic waste.

And I had forgotten about it, but, yes, "Butterfly Kisses" got to me. I have three kids and I'm sentimental about them anyway. Plus I was playing in a wedding band at the time and seeing a lot of close families, regretting that I wasn't spending the time with my kids, etc. etc. Boo hoo.

Brothers in Arms.

There's just something about that big ol' Les Paul tone that Mark gets on that tune.

... and also Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata makes the hair stand up on the back of my neck every time I hear it - this is a guy who was seriously in love when he wrote it.

Mercy!

foo

"What's Goin On" by Marvin Gaye. Also, "Mercy Mercy Me". Not to mention "Til I Die", by the Beach Boys. God, what tunes!

"At This Moment" by Billy Vera and The Beaters

"You Are So Beautiful" by Joe Cocker

"Don't Take The Girl" by Tim McGraw

I didn't cry over this one, but a song that I always kind of felt the guys pain to was "Faithfully" by Journey. Ole Steve Perry was feeling pretty road weary I guess.

Good one!

Faithfully!!
I forgot about that one! That line "I get the joy of rediscovering you" really hits me hard.

reaching....for.....the ....kleenex.

Forever yours, faithfully

Brad

How convenient, I just made a mix CD of 20 depressing songs...some are just so beautiful that they are sad...but some of the sadder ones are:

Sonic Youth - Superstar (Carpenter's cover)
Sonic Youth - Tunic (Song for Karen) (this song is AMAZINGLY sad, the lyrics are sad and beautiful, it about Karen Carpenter...get the MP3 or better yet, buy their album 'Goo')
Sonic Youth - Beauty Lies in the Eye
Beach Boys - Forever (this is one of the most beautiful songs ever)
the Doors - Blue Sunday
Beatles - Julia

There's several others, but these songs stand out

Don't forget them Carpenters.

Karen could make you cry singing Row row row your boat.

Back