Rapper effects

tddrummer

Hey everyone : ) Does anyone know how to get that effect tht all the rappers are doing nowadays where the voice slows down, usually on one word, and it kinda has a "eerrww" type sound to it? This is difficult to explain but it's on almost any modern rap song.

I do have both autotune and melodyne, if tht will help. Idk whether you just slow it down or what, I'm not a rapper but i think it would be a handy effect to use on other things like drums and so forth. Thanks everyone, just tell me if i need to explain further and i will post a sound file of the effect. : )

It depends on what DAW your have but in Protools it's an Audio Units effect called varispeed. This simulate a turntable slowing down or speeding up. There are some plugins out there that will also do this but I don't know of any other than NI Reaktor (The Finger).

Thanks so much man..i figured it might be an actual plugin. I use cubase and cakewalk, right now. Does anyone know of another name for the plugin for these programs, or maybe a place where I can download it?

If you're in cubase simply select/highlight the section of your audio you want to effect, right click > process > pitch shift - drop the pitch (and preserve duration), or shift the pitch down from it's current starting point to illuminate a turntable stop effect.

Easy peasy ;)

Back