Pop Structure at its Most Marketable

drstawl

Banned
I hope people don't think this is SPAM because it isn't.

I got an ad in my E-mail from mp3.com for a solo artist from New York, so I checked it out.

His stuff is extremely corny, overly effected and badly recorded.

BUT:

His arrangement and writing skills have produced a very (IMHO) marketable track that couldn't be killed by the awful production.
The final mix, though clipped to fuck, worked out.

The vocals are captured well enough but nothing fancy in the way of mics were used. His voice has elements of Donovan and Michael Franks.

@mp3.com

artist = binocular

tune = Deep

Gosh..can you bring that snare up 6 db or something? I cant hear it..haha..That........is what you call homemade. Likewise, the guitar sound (not enough of that smooooth chorus ;) ). I dont hear anything remotely original even for the pop world. The only thing they have going is the singing which is very average and derivative but earnest and teeny boppy.
"Sometimes, I go down deep????" I hope it doesnt hurt.

:D

I see what you mean, Doc.

I took your word for it and imagined the song in scintilating, high quality clothes. I think you're right- the tune has potential.

This is not the kind of music that I would listen to, so thanks for the reminder to keep an open mind and listen past the surface to the potential. I enjoyed it.

Take care,
Chris

Back