pick a band name :(

the dude

anyone wanna give me their opinion on some band names i am trying to decide on. the band is: somewhat dark lyrically, ALL acoustic, 2 12 strings and 1 6 string, bass and hand drums. (congos, djembe shakers) but it is definitely ROCK music! Very tribal at times yet uplifting at the next bridge/chorus! we have it down to a couple of names, (which have ALL been copywrited for our use) here they are: thanks again!!!!

1. "Blackfall"- (an almost lethal, illegal 150 proof whiskey!)
2. "Soulshiver"- (when you feel something so creepy, your soul shivers!!!)
3. "Angels in Dementia"- (a play on something glorious that has gone baddddddddddddddddd!)

Blackfall. Cool name.

Soul Shiver. Not bad, but "shiver" is, I dunno, kinda wimpy. Maybe 'cos it implies that you guys are shivering, rather than inducing the shivers in your listeners? Also maybe a callback to Delaney and Bonnie's "Soul Shake" - great song, but way outside your genre.

Angels in Dementia. Eh - pretentious. And the "angels in the Outfield" callback doesn't help.

Blackfall really seems like the strongest name. Though it kinda has a death-metal ring to it...

I like Blackfall.

1. It's short and memorable

2. It reminds me of Firefall and I like Firefall :D.

COOL, THANKS, MAN. our music is very riff based but not acoustic metal or anything. definitely dark though!!! thanks again!

Yeah Dude,

Go with "Blackfall" that is happening! Especially with the type of tunes that it sounds like you are going to be doing! Also Where/When can I get my Blackfall T-Shirt?

heheheheh give us a couple of weeks!!! we are finishing up a 4 song demo right now and then we are hittin the fucking streets with this shit!!! should be fun! later

How do you copyright a band name before you release any music using that name?

I just assumed that you protect your name when you protect your finished music.

I once knew a band named " Far Cry". They realized months after their first release that another band in the U.S. had the same name. Ooops!

For sure Blackfall or...

how about Tribal Petty and the Djembeshakers

one of my old fav's

Lovehorse (don't ask)

Rock on,
Pat

hey thanks for all of your help. and, you CAN register a band name even if you never record a CD. You can be a gigging band and not necessarily have a recording. It's the name, not the music that you are copyrghting or registering. they are 2 different things. you then, of course, have to copyright the music too. I WILL have some tunes up here in a week or two. Just finished a wicked 4 song demo and need to get it mastered. then you can all tell mw what you think. Thanks again!!! "the dude"

I agree with glynb... soulshaker is better than soulshiver. I'm not sure why.

Or go for my two favorite unused: Crumblebunny or Big Plastic Head

Grab 'em while they're hot!

Back