Original song - Feedback request

realrr

Original song - "More of that". Tried to keep it simple. Feedback is much appreciated.

How does it make you feel listening to this song? :)

Singing doesn't start until the video hits 30 seconds, thus feel free to skip the first 30 seconds.
More of that - Acoustic Version. YouTube Link

The soundcloud version is a home recording with an arrangement as opposed to the acoustic version on youtube. It is a little different. For those interested feel free to check it out as well.
https://soundcloud.com/philip-i/more-of-that

Last edited:
It's a nice song but nothing special. You used a lot clichéd phrases.

You have a nice voice and deliver confidently.

I want a GoPro for Christmas...;)

Well, it depends on what you want to do with it :)

Speaking of the GoPro in the video, it was the video-operator's idea to stick it on the guitar and it was the first time experience for me as well.

Personally, I think its useless and doesn't belong on the acoustic, feels a little odd too. The weight of the camera "shifts" the balance of the whole instrument and it doesn't create anything else other than discomfort.

The audio recorded by GoPro from that particular position is worse than terrible.

In case you haven't emailed Santa your request yet, I would suggest asking for something else :)

The musical ideas are generally sound, and the performance is competent.

At 1.20 and at 2.30 you introduce some new elements which I would normally welcome. However, in this song they pop up like gimmicks rather than relating to the lyrics in any way.

Someone else commented on the lyrics, and I agree. There are millions of "you and me" songs around, so you need to come up with something special.

The musical ideas are generally sound, and the performance is competent.
Thank you
Someone else commented on the lyrics, and I agree. There are millions of "you and me" songs around, so you need to come up with something special.

I can't agree more! :)

It was originally my intention to design a simple, "light-weighted" song, reflecting a basic and common emotion of human affection, among all other things and thoughts caught in a glimpse of a moment :)

---------- Update ----------

Should I post the lyrics here?

You sound a lot like the guy in Tragically Hip - and I really like it. Lyrics are fine. Good performance and I would sit with a few beers and enjoy it. I'm not a deep lyric writer myself but I can appreciate the style as much as something light.

Never heard of "Tragically Hip" before. I did listen to some of their records after reading your post, but couldn't grasp what kind of resemblance you were referring to :).

Nonetheless, thank you for sharing your opinion. It is the kind that I mostly interested in, namely - what kind of feelings, mood does one get when listening to that song.

So far, based on the posts above I have reasoned that: "The song is Ok, but nothing special"... which objectively is true, thus means that either something is missing or is fundamentally misrepresented.

How does it feel listening to this song? :)

Lyrically I agree with most of the comments. If it's a Singer/Songwriter song the lyrics need to up to scratch 100%. As for the song, it's a really nice listen. But nothing that makes me want to come back. The minute the video stopped, I forgot the song. Try to get people hooked on your music in a catchy way.

Back